SOE vehicle med bag and TQ pouch review

Just picked up some new SOE gear from John and I figure I would show it off and do a quick review.

DSCN0694.jpg

First off is the vehicle med bag. This bag is setup to carry enough med gear to be useful in instances involving several wounded parties such as a car accident. On the outside it has PALS webbing and Velcro on the face to allow attachment of other pouches, storage of trauma shears and ID patches. The back has a pocket large enough to store large chest seals like the Bolin and Asherman without folding them. It will also allow storage of the shoulder strap if you want to keep it attached to the bag but don’t want it loose. The bottom of the bag also has loops to accommodate road flares or a medium sized flashlight. The Surefire 6p and 9p fit perfectly.

DSCN0691.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

The inside the med bag is setup with an elastic loop organizer. There are six large loops for H bandages or large Israelis. On the face of the loops on the back panel are elastic slots for NPA’s, catheters, gloves, pens, or any other small items you need to secure. Three medium loops for compressed gauze or quickclot gauze are at the bottom of each panel. Surrounding the entire inside perimeter are six loops for cyalumes allowing easy identification of your kit in the dark.

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

Next up are some tourniquet pouches. I have these for both the TK4 and the CAT/SOFT-T. Both of these completely cover the tourniquets and protect them from UV breakdown. Both are quick deploy and do not force you to dig to get them out. the CAT pouch has a snap to positively secure it from accidental release. They have PALS on the back and attach via a malice clip or you can thread a sling through them to keep one on your rifle. I have the TK4 pouch mounted directly to the stock of my AK. The TK4 pouch has a mechanism that throws the tourniquet out into your hand when deployed.

DSCN0695.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0697.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0702.jpg

As always John's gear is not only Made in America, it's made right here in TN. I think his tags sum up his opinion on the matter.

IMG_1217.jpg

Mike

Edited by Mike
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fwdftw

Ive had a Mookie war right rig, 2 point sling, 1 point convertible sling, flashlight pouch, all from John he makes grade A stuff.. great customer service as well