Heads up middle TN - High potential for tornadoes this afternoon...

17057204_BG11.jpg

I guess I'll be listening to the storm spotters on 146.670 Mhz this afternoon...

Zulu Cowboy

- - - - - - - - -

High potential for tornadoes, severe outbreak possible today

http://www.wsmv.com/...friday-forecast

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Middle Tennessee is under a high threat for tornadoes today, creating a potentially dangerous weather situation, according to the 4WARN weather team.

Strong storms quickly moved through Davidson County around 6 a.m., creating dime-sized hail, but no weather alerts were issued in the Metro area.

More rain and scattered storms are possible this morning, but with only an isolated severe threat of strong winds and large hail.

Afternoon and evening storms will develop and pack a high risk for tornadoes, along with a very high risk for wind, hail and localized flooding.

"There's a high potential for a couple of tornadoes to not only touchdown but stay on the ground once they touchdown in Middle Tennessee," said 4WARN Meteorologist Paul Heggen.

The strongest storms are expected to develop in western Middle Tennessee after noon Friday, reaching Nashville between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., then the Cumberland Plateau around 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

- - - - - - - - -

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this post is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes…

Edited by Zulu Cowboy
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw that on TV. Can't imagine what the weather is going to be like later in the spring with this kind of weather now. Tornado damaged my house a lot last year, but I still don't have a shelter. Here we go again....

Edited by Batman

It's that time of year. Which reminds me I need to go out today and buy a weather radio.

Good thing to have. I bought one a couple of months ago. I don't know why I never had one before, but everyone needs one. I also told my wife to go get one today to keep on her desk at work.

Guest bkelm18

Good thing to have. I bought one a couple of months ago. I don't know why I never had one before, but everyone needs one. I also told my wife to go get one today to keep on her desk at work.

We had one where I used to work. It would warn us often times several minutes before the security people would get on the radio and notify us of impending severe weather.

Guest Lester Weevils

Wife bought a weather radio after last year's storms. A great idea. Have enjoyed the radio. I never figured that a weather radio would be especially useful but was wrong.

We also have Bandit the Weather Hound. About noon Bandit took up his storm warning position under my feet. A good hour ahead of the first weather radio alert. It was sunny and mild when Weather Hound called first alert. :)

Edited by Lester Weevils