Redfield Scope

Guest tennesseevolz

Guest tennesseevolz

Has any one used a Redfield 3x9x40 on a flattop AR? If so what do you think? They can be purchased for around $190.00, and I have seen mounts for around $80--- any input would be great- its this or a $400 + Leupold-

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of the 4-12x40 redfield revolution scopes with the accu-range reticle on a flattop 16" barrel AR. It is a great scope. I dont have a whole lot of experience with scopes so I only have a couple other ones to compair it to. before i purchased it i read every thread i could find on line about these scopes. did not find any bad opinions of them. I have a fixed front sight and I cannot see it in the scope at all. Here is a link of a picture of a similar rifle to mine with the same scope and mount that I have. pretty cheap mount but has worked ok so far.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/720/photo010tf.jpg

here is the thread that the pic was posted in. they discuss mounts in the posts

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-389104.html

I have a friend with the same scope in 3-9x40 on a 30-06 hunting rifle and he loves it.

hope this helps

I recently bought the Redfield 3-9x50 and couldn't be happier. I've compared and used it right next to the Leupold and can't tell the difference. I have not tested it in low light situations yet but I'm confident it'll be great.

Guest tennesseevolz

I picked up the Refield 3x9x40- @ OA for $180, and they had a quick release 1 piece DNZ mount for $76 not bad for a budget set up- great looking glass, and the accu ranger reticle has bullet comp, a big plus is that the matte finish looks awesome on my colt ar- this is an extra scope (I usually keep my Aimpoint on it) I was able to zero it, and I like it! I also think that you can't beat the fact that is made in the USA ( according to the website) and owned by Leupold.

I have the Redfield 3-9x40 on my Remington 700P 308 bolt action and it works great. Only bad part is that it isn't adjustable without taking off the caps. If I use it fine on a 308, then I don't see why an AR should be any different especially when it has less recoil.

• 3 weeks later...