Sub-Compact SHOWDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ropin4gold

If you look close, I figure you'll see his PM9 in his front pocket. His pistol is what sold me on the PM9. Real nice shooter. On my list.

Yeah, that's some short guy in pic, not me. I do miss carrying the XD subbie, but the Kahr in the ole pocket has been the mainstay for going on 2 years now.

- OS

To the OP, this was a good comparison. I am sure that we can all think of a couple that we would like to have added, but such is life.

Glock 26 fo' life!!!

Seriously.....I'm pretty sure my G26 will be with me until I die.....it is the perfect blend of firepower, wieght and concealment all wrapped up tightly in a handy dandy plastic carrying case.

I really like the G27, I think the G26 comes up short compared to the XD9sc. The XD is 13+1 in a very similar sized package, compared to the 10+1 of the Glock. When you switch to the .40, the advantage swings to the Glock.

Yeah, it's got all that knock down power and all.

.45 is better though, you only have to get close, shock wave alone is enough.

- OS

I was just commenting on the disparity of the offerings. The XD9sc is 13+1, the XD40sc is 9+1. The Glock 26 is 10+1 and the Glock 27 is 9+1. The Glock subcompacts are slightly smaller than the XDs, but it is minimal.

My comments weren't intended to support the capabilities of a specific caliber, but just to note the differences in the "firepower" of each manufacturer's offering. If you prefer 9mm, the XD gives you several more rounds in a marginally larger package. If you prefer 40S&W, then Glock gives you the same number of rounds in a slightly smaller package.

Guest motonut

Or a Px4 sub with 13+1

I have both a PX4 SC and the Kahr PM9, the PX4 is significantly wider than the PM4. I like the PX4 very much but it's bulk would not allow it to be a pocket carry (unless you have large cargo pockets).

OS, what hoslter do you use for pocket carry on the PM9? I keep mine in a Remora for IWB, but it's a little large for pocket carry.

An XD is a great shooter. I love shooting my XDsc in .40. I'm a better shot with it than I am with about any other handgun. XDsc (any caliber) does have a round count advantage over a comparable Glock, but the size difference between them is small only on paper. In the real world, A G26's slightly smaller size and several ounces lighter weight make a noticable difference.

That said, if Glock would make a subcompact single-stack, I'd be all over it. Until then, the XD is on nightstand duty and the PM9 is my closest friend.

Edited by monkeylizard

Yeah, it's got all that knock down power and all.

.45 is better though, you only have to get close, shock wave alone is enough.

- OS

Quick on the draw to make everything a caliber war eh? I had a G26 and replaced it with a G27. While I certainly believe 9mm is sufficient, I'm just not as bothered by .40 recoil as I used to be. That and I was able to find a reasonable price on a 4th Gen 27 before I found a 4th Gen 26. Honestly, I could be totally comfortable with 9 or .40.

OS, what hoslter do you use for pocket carry on the PM9? I keep mine in a Remora for IWB, but it's a little large for pocket carry.

Kahr-Stellar-sm.jpg

Stellar Rigs kydex. Kahr has started selling them off its website at same price as the maker last time I compared.

An XD is a great shooter. I love shooting my XDsc in .40.

I prefer to carry my XD 9 subbie IWB and I actually can most of the time, it's just that I need to be more discreet 2 or 3 days a week, so have slipped into just the Kahr 'cause I'm such a creature of habit with my daily load out.

- OS

Thanks for the holster tip.

I prefer to carry my XD 9 subbie IWB and I actually can most of the time, it's just that I need to be more discreet 2 or 3 days a week, so have slipped into just the Kahr 'cause I'm such a creature of habit with my daily load out.

- OS

I can carry the XDsc in a CompTac Minotaur, but when the Kahr is so much smaller, it's just easier to grab it instead, and more comfortable. the PM9 doesn't get completely forgotten about while worn, like an LCP, but it's pretty close.

.....I can carry the XDsc in a CompTac Minotaur, but when the Kahr is so much smaller, it's just easier to grab it instead, and more comfortable. the PM9 doesn't get completely forgotten about while worn, like an LCP, but it's pretty close.

By "discreet" I mean I have to undress to swim/work out. It's not posted, but has no weapons policy. So IWB would be problematic in the locker room.

I also walk 8 miles round trip to do it, so to disarm completely would mean I'm heaterless for a good long while, during the time I might most need one!

My five knives wouldn't get a joyful response either, depending on who might see any. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

My comments weren't intended to support the capabilities of a specific caliber, but just to note the differences in the "firepower" of each manufacturer's offering. If you prefer 9mm, the XD gives you several more rounds in a marginally larger package. If you prefer 40S&W, then Glock gives you the same number of rounds in a slightly smaller package.

I have made notice of that before as well. It's vodoo how the XD9's hold so many compared to the Glock and vise-versa for the 40's.