New AR Before and After

USMCJG

I recently purchased an ArmaLite AR-10(T) in .260 Rem. and thought I would post a before and after pic.

Before-

ArmaLite020.jpg

After with Magpul PRS stock, Ergo Tactical Grip w/Palm Shelf, Burris Extreme Tactical Medium Rings, and Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 EMDR mil./mil. scope-

ArmaLite045.jpg

I haven't had a chance to shoot it since I added the stock and grip. But early testing indicates that it will be a good performer. I tried several different loads when I first took it to the range. In all of the loads I used the same powder/case/primer- 41.0gr. H4350/New Nosler Custom Brass/Fed. 210M Primers. I tried 142gr. SMK, 140gr. Nosler Cust. Comp., 140gr. AMax, and 140gr. Hornady Match. All of those bullets shot near 3/4 MOA or better, with the 142SMK shooting a .323 3-shot group(all groups shot at 100 yards). I only loaded five of each, so I had two foulers and 1 three shot group. I was extremely happy to see one of these do sub .5" with standard OALs and no load development. Is anyone else reloading for an AR in .260 Rem. that has any loads that they have had success with? The .260 seems to be tailor made for the AR-10 platform with its low recoil and excellent ballistic performance. But there isn't a lot of specific loading information out there for the .260 in the AR platform, at least that I can find.

Edited by USMCJG
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMK's always seem to work. Nice rifle. That PRS really helps me get on a high power scope.

I've had good results in every caliber I've ever loaded SMKs for. I've never found anything else that could consistently equal them for the same money. As for the PRS, the thing I like most about it is that it allows me to get proper eye relief with a natural setup, without using an extended rail. And the LOP is right on. The downside to my accessory choices is that this rifle currently weighs in at ~16 lbs.. It's a heavy sucker. But I didn't set it up to be a field rifle. I wanted it to be a benchrest/prone gun for paper punching fun. All indications are that it will be excellent in that role. Edited by USMCJG
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How well does the weaver hold zero? Are the rings more/less important when using a variable power optic?

The Weaver holds zero just fine so far. Overall, I really like this scope. As for rings, regardless of whether the scope is fixed or variable, you can't have a consistent shooting scoped rifle without solid optics mounts. These particular rings are very beefy. For the money, you'd be hard pressed to find more solid rings than these.