10/22 where to buy?

wareagle

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on which gun, which store. In some cases, the manufacturer makes a special run for the big store using slightly less expensive parts in a place or 2, a piece of plastic here, or lower quality wood on a stock there, plain iron sights here instead of glow in the darks there, etc. In many other cases, the store is just selling for less because they bought however many thousand in a large purchase at a lower rate than the mom & pop shop can do buying 1-2 at a time. I do not know if the 10-22 has any swapped parts or not but do not worry about it, they should shoot just as good and last just as long. Just check it out... maybe it does not have a scope mount or some other minor thing, and if it seems to have all the features you wanted, go for the cheap one...!

Nope. The Walmart base carbine and the Academy base carbine are the same, and priced within a dollar of each other.

I bought mine at Academy.

Yup.

The basic wood stocked carbine is exactly the same gun no matter where you buy it.

Of course, we've settled that all the ammo at WalMart is Chinese made by 9 year old slaves in sweatshops, so you might want to buy that elsewhere. :tinfoil:

- OS

Guys, I need to pickup a 10/22. Are the walmart and academy models really built differently? Just trying to understand the $75-100 difference in price.

I tried looking "all over" Knoxville last month. Only place that had them was the Walmart on Clinton Hwy.

I tried looking "all over" Knoxville last month. Only place that had them was the Walmart on Clinton Hwy.

You go by the East Town one, what's it these days Knoxville Center, too?

They seemed to always have Ruger stuff. Bought one of my Mini14s there.

- OS

You go by the East Town one, what's it these days Knoxville Center, too?

They seemed to always have Ruger stuff. Bought one of my Mini14s there.

- OS

I think that's the one walmart in the area I haven't been too yet. I forget about it every time I'm out and about.

How much are they running? I need a wood and blue model.

Basic birch stocked carbine is generally pert close to $199.9999. :)

Sometimes cheaper on sale, sometimes slightly gouged to $210.

Don't really expect "bluing" any more. It's a "powder coat" (paint). Polymer trigger housing, mag release, etc.

Still shoots same, though.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot