Rant Hall, Or Metalhead's Rant of the Day

We need a rant specific sub-forum. However, I need to blow off some steam so...

I answered a phone call at the shop today. It was a gentleman that had "heard" we had a "AK Pistol" and wanted to know what the price was. No problem. I go looking. We apparently have no such Draco/creature in the shop at the moment. So I pick the phone back up and tell him we didnt have such an animal. He begins to argue with me about whether I actually looked or not. I assured him that we indeed did not have one and whomever told him we did was mistaken. He then inquired about ordering one. I told him all Draco pistols are allocated and thus are a backorder item and have no solid eta on when we would be getting one in the store, but that he was more than welcome to put in a special order on one (with no money down, I might add) if he wanted to put his name in for it. Agian, he began to argue about not having an eta on one, as he's ordered ammo from other business and they ALWAYS have a time frame to give him. I told him that unforunately that that wasnt how the firearms industry worked most of the time, and that it was just as aggravating to us as it is to him. He then proceeds to ask me if we stocked some random thing and how much it was. By random, I mean like VD223832CCMM or some such random characters I didnt recognize. I asked him if that was a part number. Apparently, that was a mistake because he then asked if I was in the gun industry and whether or not I knew what I was doing, and proceeded to tell me that it was <insert unknown manufacturer name that may or may not even exist> and asked if I could order one anyway. I told him that no, none of my suppliers carried such gobbledygook to which he asked me if I was sure I wouldnt even look, to which I replied that I have been doing business with my wholesalers for 10+ years and know what they do and do not carry. I was losing my patience. He then asked my name and said he was going to report me to the BBB.

I hate people.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the rant was going to be about not having a rant specific forum. I'm still amazed at the way some of our customers treated us at the Blockbuster I worked at. It didn't help that Blockbuster seemed to making/changing policies with the specific goal of pissing of its customers, but you'd be amazed how many times people threatened over the phone to come up there and kick the ass of whichever one of us they were talking to.

I thought the rant was going to be about not having a rant specific forum. I'm still amazed at the way some of our customers treated us at the Blockbuster I worked at. It didn't help that Blockbuster seemed to making/changing policies with the specific goal of pissing of its customers, but you'd be amazed how many times people threatened over the phone to come up there and kick the ass of whichever one of us they were talking to.

Well if they had shown up, you could have just thrown some movies at them..... :eek::D

• 2 weeks later...

None of them ever showed. Except for one coworker who came to fight me, but the manager calmed him down before it turned into anything. And before anybody says anything I didn't throw anything at him. He came to fight me because I told him he had to bring back the movies he took after his free rentals for the week had been used up. I wasn't gonna let that slide on my shift.

Being in retail myself we get this junk all the time. I've had several customers yell at me for a good five minutes for saying have a nice day. One guy yelled at me apparently because one of the guys in the back looked at him funny. Chances are he was trying to take something and that's why he got mad, then again I don't know what kind of day he was having so I'm not going to make assumptions. We get some different ones in. Funniest was a guy trying to walk out with five deadbolt/doorknob sets in his pants, no joke. It was entertaining watching him try to run and I'm assuming a little painful. Gotta watch where that chunk of metal is swinging in those baggy pants.

The story of one of my best days at work ever:

In high school I started working at a local grocery store chain. I worked there until after my first year or so in college. During the time I worked there, the local chain was bought out by a regional chain that wasn't nearly as 'good' to work for. Eventually, they did a friend of mine who also worked there dirty. I decided that I would not work for a company like that and turned in my notice. At the time I left, I was a front end manager (basically a shift leader, etc. in charge of the store - and especially the baggers/cashiers/front office - when the manager or assistant manager weren't there.)

I worked a notice there and already had another job lined up before the end of my notice. Toward the end of my last shift, a guy who embodied everything about the customer you hate came in. He stood behind the bagger, in the bagger's 'personal space' and watched every move the bagger made while his groceries were being bagged. He then walked over to me, got in my personal space (and in my face), grabbed the name tag clipped to my shirt and said, "Ain't you supposed to be some kind of manager here?" I responded to the affirmative. He then continued, "Well, then, you ought to teach these boys how to bag groceries 'cause they don't bag worth a damn." It gave me great satisfaction to look him in the eye and say, "I was watching the bagger as he bagged your groceries. He did just fine. However, this is my last day as a manager here and, in fact, my last day working here, period. You know why that is? Because I'm sick and tired of jackasses who just come in here to bitch about stupid sh*& that doesn't even matter just to make themselves feel important."

He didn't say another word - and the look on his face as he took his groceries and left, silently, was priceless.

Edited by JAB

I had one moment at Blockbuster that I was able to get some revenge on jackass customers and get away with it. Guy calls the store claiming he's about to get charged for a game he already turned in. I pull up his account, his name was Quinton Dick and that'll be important later. I look everywhere that the game possible could've been, and don't find it. It is at this point he reveals that he possibly might have turned it into the wrong location. I call the other store. They can't find it. I advise him to talk to the other store in person as I can guarantee him that it is not in mine. If the game is not turned in within a day, it will get charged to his account and there's nothing I can do about it. If I take the game off of his account before it's turned back in, I could be fired for it. He gets all pissy about it, yells some, and hangs up. Calls back saying the he needs a credit card taken off of his account, thinking I won't recognize his voice after just speaking to him, and also not realizing that I would have to pull up the account to do that which would reveal it was him, and the game that wasn't turned in. He yells some more, yells at the manager, threatens to come down there and beat him up. The Manager tells me to put a warning on his account. Just before I put a basic warning about him being a problem on there it occurs to me. As the warning on his account I put "Make sure this dick is aware of our wrong store policy". I came in the next day, asked the store manager if a Quinton Dick had come in, and he said yes and yelled at me for putting a warning like that on his account. I replied that it was his name in a grammatically correct sentence.