Obama Executive Order: Peacetime Martial Law!

Guest ThePunisher

Somehow I think November is meaningless because something else is going to happen and

all the sheep will be slaughtered soon after.

Now, you've gone and done it. Someone is gonna think you've put on a tin-foil hat.

I'm just wondering under what authority he thinks he can do this? And in preparation

for what?

I'd be willing to speculate that he figures he has put us in enough of an economic hole,

and knows when to execute the bottom dropping out so he can have his version of

Adolph Hitler's takeover of Germany right here in living color.

The American media's silence is not surprising. If any of this crap is really true, I doubt it

makes much difference since so many still have their heads up their/ in the sand and refuse

to believe what this President is capable of. That other thread concerning Holder and his

gun stance shows but a small portion of the lies and subterfuge being thrown at us so

often most can't remember what happened yesterday, much less a year ago. Hell, some

are still arguing about Ron Paul.

Go figure...

Check out this Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

Seems like our great democracy has really never been that at all.

Guest 6.8 AR

Actually, Raoul, the use of an EO has it's legitimate uses, like the wiki states, when used in

conjunction with legislative authority and constitutional authority where written. It just hasn't

been used that way a lot of times. This is one of those times.

The Republic we live in allows for the President to do some things without oversight, but

potentially turning all the cute armed alphabet agencies against the civilian populace ain't

one of them. We're not a democracy, yet, just getting close.

Guest 6.8 AR

Some of the most alarming actions by any administration get "announced" on Friday afternoon. It's the easiest way to give it the most cover and yet claim that they weren't hiding it. The most serious stuff gets dumped on the Friday before a three day holiday weekend. That's how it works. Same thing for weekly unemployment numbers. The phony numbers get put out at the end of the week, then in the middle of the next week they get "revised" upward. ALWAYS. Consistently.

Thanks for explaining what I called political expediency. I just couldn't get it out at the time.

Actually, Raoul, the use of an EO has it's legitimate uses, like the wiki states, when used in

conjunction with legislative authority and constitutional authority where written. It just hasn't

been used that way a lot of times. This is one of those times.

The Republic we live in allows for the President to do some things without oversight, but

potentially turning all the cute armed alphabet agencies against the civilian populace ain't

one of them. We're not a democracy, yet, just getting close.

You'll get no argument from me on that.

Guest Lester Weevils

Many years ago was coined the term "perpetual state of emergency" to describe the situation. Liberals, libertarians, and conservatives have all bitched about this. When flaming liberals and birchers can agree then yer possibly onto something real. Some folks claim it started with Nixon. Some claim it started with FDR. Some maintain that we've been "from a legal aspect" in a perpetual state of emergency since Lincoln.

You can get a good harvest of readable hits by using these search terms-- Each set will recover fairly unique sets of hits on the topic.

"presidential proclamation" "perpetual state of emergency"

"presidential proclamation" "perpetual emergency"

"presidential order" "perpetual state of emergency"

"presidential order" "perpetual emergency"

Edited by Lester Weevils

Thanks for explaining what I called political expediency. I just couldn't get it out at the time.

No prob. Forgot to mention that the reason why these "document dumps" intentionally happen on Friday is that the peasants, I mean The People, are usually trying to enjoy their weekend off from working to support Uncle Sam and don't pay much attention to the so-called "news".

No prob. Forgot to mention that the reason why these "document dumps" intentionally happen on Friday is that the peasants, I mean The People, are usually trying to enjoy their weekend off from working to support Uncle Sam and don't pay much attention to the so-called "news".

A very common tactic -- hide it in plain sight. They have to release it, but they do it late on a Friday to hide it, thinking no one will notice. Everyone's caught on, now, and it becomes the Top Story on the Sunday Talk Shows and stays on Top for Monday through Friday next. Cynical bastards get beat down.

Guest Lester Weevils

I have been trying to find out how many declared states of emergency we are currently under. So far can't find a credible reference which lists all of them still in effect. You would think there would be a whitehouse.gov page containing a complete list of emergencies, all in one place. Some have been running for decades, re-declared every year. The white house probably needs several employees just to keep up with all the emergencies and make sure they get re-declared every year. I think there are at least four but perhaps many more.

This link is interesting though can't vouch for its accuracy--

http://www.globalres...xt=va&aid=17545

In 1973, the Senate created a Special Committee on the Termination of the National Emergency (subsequently redesignated the Special Committee on National Emergencies and Delegated Emergency Powers) to investigate the matter and to propose reforms. Ascertaining the continued existence of four presidential declarations of national emergency, the Special Committee (U.S. Senate 1973, p. iii) reported:

"These proclamations give force to 470 provisions of Federal law. . . .
taken together, [they] confer enough authority to rule the country without reference to normal constitutional processes
. Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President may: seize property; organize and control the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad;
institute martial law
; seize and control all transportation and communications; regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens." (Most or all of the emergency powers referred to by the above-quoted 1973 Senate report were revoked in the late 1970's by
. However, presidents have made numerous declarations of emergency since then, and the declarations made by President Bush in September 2001 are still in effect).

It is also clear that the White House has kept substantial information concerning its presidential proclamations and directives hidden from Congress. For example, according to Steven Aftergood of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy: "
"

If a person had lots of time then he could probably weed thru all the cspan congress footage and glean off many announcements back into the clinton era, of the various emergencies. It is difficult to search cspan and difficult to post specific results. Here are a few Obama re-declarations of ancient emergencies, but I'm not picking on Obama really. It is all I can find on youtube and all these instances were declared by previous presidents--

9/11 Terrorist Emergency-- (Bush)

Korea Emergency (Clinton?? Reagan?? Earlier??)

I have been trying to find out how many declared states of emergency we are currently under. So far can't find a credible reference which lists all of them still in effect.

We are at Condition Lime-Green (confused). Our current leaders are also having trouble determining exactly who the enemy is. Most of the time these days it leans to the voter/taxpayer.

Guest 6.8 AR

Not disagreeing with that. Just asking why they would critically time something if there's nothing to it. Sounds like there's nothing to this, except the timing.

There's a lot more to it. but it can be summed up as a part of the continual power grab that's

been going on with governments back to places like the "Code of Hammurabi" and it won't quit

unless we stop it. It's an extension of that old saying, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts

absolutely", and it isn't necessarily a partisan thing.

Same thing that's been going on forever.

There's a lot more to it. but it can be summed up as a part of the continual power grab that's

been going on with governments back to places like the "Code of Hammurabi" and it won't quit

unless we stop it. It's an extension of that old saying, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts

absolutely", and it isn't necessarily a partisan thing.

Same thing that's been going on forever.

You got that right.