Walking Dead, what are you gonna do?

we all saw the last episode.

so my topic is what are you gonna do?

Not what are you gonna do according to the last episode, but what are you gonna do according to your situation?

Zombies have over run your location. You thought you were safe, now you are not. Hundred's of walkers are on you. You have ammo but there is a ridiculous amount of walkers on top of you. What is your plan?

Myself, I am on the roof. I have seen them coming. I have thousands of rounds. I am using an AK as my self defense rifle. I can make head shots, but my rifle is sighted in at 100 yards. In seconds I have hundreds of walkers inside of 100 yards. What do we do?

I shoot like a crazy person. I can make head shots. I am guessing maybe under stress one out of four shots are heads. So I see 400 walkers and I am thinning the herd by 25 out of 100

shots. I would have had a shooting nest set up on the roof. I am good to go for a long while.

But I can't stay up on the roof forever. They are all around me. they are grabbing at my gutters not making progress but I have no point of safe egress. What are you doing?

I am staying on the roof. I hope I have enough water to last as long as my ammo.

I am sliding off the roof at my first chance. I am certain one or two of my three person team has been grabbed. I am on the run with my remaining teammate. Shooting on the run.

I have done my best, we made it to a car and are on the road self preserved.

What did you do?

There's a water tower within a few hundred yards of my house. A bag containing lots of ammo, some MRE's and some heavy adjustable wrenches, tied to my waist by LOOOOOONg rope. Climb the ladder, pull up my gear. With the adjustable wrenches I can slightly loosen the hatch on the tower enough to make it leak. Take my water from that for days. My vantage point would be IMPRESSIVE. Two rifles, both AR's with optics. Start cleaning house.

I'm not much on wasting time thinking 'bout what I'm gonna do when the zombies/walkers/whatever come, cause they aren't.

It's entertaining, but at the end of the day, it's just make-believe, fellas.

And?

That still doesn't take the fun out of it.

• Like 1

A little relief from reality can be a good thing.

That' a much more profound statement than many realize. Fiction allows the creative mind to relax and enjoy a break from the boring day to day.

*Everybody wants to rule the world, but you can't be King of all the world if you're slave to the grind.

*yes I did rip off Tears for Fears and Skid Row

I have conversations sometimes with the 9 year old grandson about different scenarios and what we would do.

He wishes there were zombies so he could snipe 'em.

And he also told me he would rather be a zombie than be dead because zombies get to walk around anyway.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 2

I'm not much on wasting time thinking 'bout what I'm gonna do when the zombies/walkers/whatever come, cause they aren't.

It's entertaining, but at the end of the day, it's just make-believe, fellas.

What you talkin' bout, Willis? I know they are real. I saw it on tv/internet!

One thing I would not do is drive around in circles shooting and drawing even more attention like they did. Had they just quietly slid into the house with a safe room ready. The herd may have passed on by like they did on the highway.

This. Unless one of your group lights up the barn, there is no reason to do anything but keep really quiet in the house and let them walk by without wasting a single bullet.

Remember the walker on the highway? He didn't try to break into every car he saw. He only returned because they made noise. Same with the house. Just shut up for 30 minutes, hop in the car, head for the prison. :P

I would just figure that they would have a better blow out plan than that. Solutions seem simple and low tech. Zombies can't think or adjust their tactics/techniques/procedures. With that knowledge they know they can bait and canalize the enemy and kill it with trauma to the brain, and this can be done safely with the proper amount of standoff.

Why not dig a deep/wide trench around an elevated platform, such as the windmill, and use that for bug out? Keep a few spear like objects at the position that can poke zombies in the head and just do that until the herd is dead. I wouldn't want to spend a single round if there is a better way to exterminate them. Why does it always have to be a surprise when they encounter zombies??? These writers f'ing blow when it comes to that part of the show.

It did seem ridiculous to drive around shooting out of the car windows.

Since the walkers are obviously attracted to movement, I'd just slowly drive a car honking the horn to get their attention. Then once they're headed away, speed up, and hide behind a roadside billboard Of course

I'd be the pied piper of zombiedom!

PS: what the heck was up with the armless dudes at the end. Freaky

I'd be the pied piper of zombiedom!

PS: what the heck was up with the armless dudes at the end. Freaky

Those armless dudes at the end are the friends of the girl with the sword. SHE'S the pied piper. She cut off the arms and lower jaw so they cannot attack her. Chained together and drug along like a dog on a leash, other walkers do not pay her any attention because the two walkers with her do not attack her. They don't attack her because her pet zombies mask her smell too I imagine. THIS along with the silence of a sharp blade [that needs no reloading] is adaptation at it's best.

I would just figure that they would have a better blow out plan than that. Solutions seem simple and low tech. Zombies can't think or adjust their tactics/techniques/procedures. With that knowledge they know they can bait and canalize the enemy and kill it with trauma to the brain, and this can be done safely with the proper amount of standoff.

Why not dig a deep/wide trench around an elevated platform, such as the windmill, and use that for bug out? Keep a few spear like objects at the position that can poke zombies in the head and just do that until the herd is dead. I wouldn't want to spend a single round if there is a better way to exterminate them. Why does it always have to be a surprise when they encounter zombies??? These writers f'ing blow when it comes to that part of the show.

They discussed this on the Talking Dead show afterwards. The third season is going to be about them learning to live in this zombie world instead of just reacting to it. Cue the girl with a sword and zombie camo to teach them how its done.

Had I been on the farm, as soon as I gained access to the house I would have made some changes. I would have moved as many supplies as possible upstairs and rigged a quick way to destroy to the steps. If zombies start advancing I would move everyone up and destroy the steps. Lastly I'd have the rv parked outside with a hole in the roof for a fast evacuation if need be.

That would be the basis for my plan.

I most certainly would not have gone outside and drove in circles while cowboying down as many walkers as possible.

You mean people were eaten by zombies?

Well, if you take the word "zombie" for the social metaphor most of us do and you don't take the word eaten as literal then yes, it's a very valid statement.

The ghetto zombies were eating people out of home and business.

I think the main reason considering this as a real scenario is so distasteful for me is because it has frightening, even fatal implications for someone with an autoimmune disease like Type 1 diabetes. My son wouldn't survive very long as there would be no medicine or what was left would go bad without refrigeration. Even with refrigeration, it has an expiration date and when it ran out, there wouldn't be any more. Not fun to think about.

I already have enough nightmares where he is concerned, so maybe you can see why pondering this apart from the entertainment factor only produces more nightmares.

Even though he hasn't said it, I think that may be the reason he has absolutely no interest in watching the show.

DaddyO, in that case the zombie apocalypse isnt the only thing you should "not think about".

Not to be pessimistic but how about nuclear war ( not that far fetched anymore), multiple natural disasters resulting in a national shortage of everything except what is produced locally, biological or chemical terrorist attack, or a number of other things that would cause specialized things like prescription medicines to become unavailable.

For some thats what the zombie apocalypse is all about, preparing for the unthinkable, because if you can survive zombies your pretty well capable of making it through an extended natural disaster on a regional level which is more likely or almost anything else.

I think the main reason considering this as a real scenario is so distasteful for me is because it has frightening, even fatal implications for someone with an autoimmune disease like Type 1 diabetes. My son wouldn't survive very long as there would be no medicine or what was left would go bad without refrigeration. Even with refrigeration, it has an expiration date and when it ran out, there wouldn't be any more. Not fun to think about.

I already have enough nightmares where he is concerned, so maybe you can see why pondering this apart from the entertainment factor only produces more nightmares.

Even though he hasn't said it, I think that may be the reason he has absolutely no interest in watching the show.

Yeah, that's not cool DaddyO. My wife's brother is in the same boat. He won't make it long taking two or three shots a day.

DaddyO, in that case the zombie apocalypse isnt the only thing you should "not think about".

Not to be pessimistic but how about nuclear war ( not that far fetched anymore), multiple natural disasters resulting in a national shortage of everything except what is produced locally, biological or chemical terrorist attack, or a number of other things that would cause specialized things like prescription medicines to become unavailable.

For some thats what the zombie apocalypse is all about, preparing for the unthinkable, because if you can survive zombies your pretty well capable of making it through an extended natural disaster on a regional level which is more likely or almost anything else.

Like I said, there's more than enough nightmares to go 'round as it is.