Just Bought a Beretta Brigadier Elite

Like the title says, I just picked up a Beretta 92 Brigadier Elite from member "phil357" and he's a good guy to deal with. It's in excellent condition and has a very hefty & solid feel. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but I can't wait. If it's typical of my other Berettas, it'll be a smooth shooter.

001-10.jpg

002-9.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-9.jpg

006-4.jpg

005-9.jpg

008-10.jpg

Edited by luvmyberetta

A handsome pistol. I luvmyberrettas too.

The manual says 92G. Is it a DA-only model?

No. It's still a DA/SA pistol like the "F" models. The "G" means it has a decocker only instead of a true on/off safety, so the safety lever always pops back up into the ready to fire position. No on/off to have to fumble with. It's always ready to rock. It's the same as SIGs, if you're familiar with them.

Guest Lester Weevils

No. It's still a DA/SA pistol like the "F" models. The "G" means it has a decocker only instead of a true on/off safety, so the safety lever always pops back up into the ready to fire position. No on/off to have to fumble with. It's always ready to rock. It's the same as SIGs, if you're familiar with them.

Thanks, I like it even better now!

Since the M9 was my "Work-Gun" I shot the Beretta Elite in IDPA for several years.

Erine Langdon was shooting for Beretta at the time and winning national championship with the gun. I had Erine do his Level II work to the gun which included his exclusive speed bump trigger with anti-backlash device. Erine's action job brought the double-action pull down to 7 pounds and the single action to 4 pounds. The speed bump trigger also made for faster resets.

Its a shame that Erine no longer does any gunsmithing, non does he offer the speed bump trigger for sell. Seems Erine holds the design patent for the trigger, but Beretta has some sort of trademark claims on the part since Erine was under contract with them when he developed the trigger.

2lazm69.jpg

If IDPA ever breaks out the Stock Service Pistol division into DA/SA and Striker Fired subsets - - - I'll be going back to this Elite.

Nice Elite "DMark"! Speed bump triggers occassionally (rarely) pop up for sale on the Beretta forum & are usually pretty expensive. I couldn't get my hands on one so I went with a short reach trigger along with a D spring and trigger/hammer/sear polish job on my 90-Two. It's got one of the best triggers I've ever felt on a pistol. After about 1,000 dry fires, my DA pull averages 6.5lbs and SA is 3.5lbs with zero overtravel. Since I got such good results on my "dash", I plan to do the same thing on the Elite. I just ordered an adjustable rear site for it. Now I need another short trigger & D spring & I'll be in business. There's also a barrel bushing offered that improves accuracy, but it requires barrel modification and is about half the cost of the pistol. If I ever shoot competition I may go that route, but for now I'll stick to lower cost upgrades. If a speed bump pops up for sale again I may have to try one out. There are endless possibilities with Berettas & they have a lot of performance potential. Thanks for the info.

Edited by luvmyberetta

luvmyberetta, you cleary know your way around the M92!

I will say one thing my Langdon Elite - - - It has Never, Ever, Failed me in thousands upon thousands of rounds fired even during some long hot days in competition.

BTW...., the Elite that phil357 sold you looks NIB. Well Done! :up:

• 2 weeks later...