handgun suggestion?

Guest Mugster

Guest Mugster

Well, I got my lady down to the range for the first time last weekend, and she wants to go back :D. She has smaller hands than I do and a bit of carpel in both index fingers (she's a programmer). I got her going on a ruger 10/22 and then a few shots through an armalite and headed over try out the handguns.

She likes shooting the 9mm (semi) browning hi-power, but can't pull the slide back with the hammer down. I tried her out on an M-19 smith (4" .357 revolver), and she really liked that one in single action, but the trigger is difficult to reach in DA so she had to rotate her firing hand around to the right a bit on the grip. A medium frame revolver is probably out unless a grip suggestion for small hands comes with it. Tried another smith j-frame m-442 (aluminum), and that fits her pretty well, but the DA only trigger pull is a bear. Also, she didn't really like the kaboom out of the j-frame with the mildest ammo I could come up with.

I was wondering what some of the ladies might recommend as a potential handgun. Purpose would just be to enjoy shooting it. Anyone shooting .22's?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

John, we will need to see pictures of said lady before we can give you a good recommendation for her. :D

Perhaps beach and bikini shots will further help us make the appropriate suggestions :D

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest Natosha
John, we will need to see pictures of said lady before we can give you a good recommendation for her. ;)

Perhaps beach and bikini shots will further help us make the appropriate suggestions :D

HAHAHAHA! The man in the gun shop yesterday said I would have to quit wearing tight sexy shirts when I start carrying my handgun!!! I was wondering how I would clip it to my bikini! HAHAHA! :D

If it is just to enjoy shooting with then I would definitely recommend a .22

I had one but I like something with a little more bang, fun for me is shooting one of my .9 mm's.

I would take her to a gun store and let her hold any of the .22 semi automatics and let her find what feels good in her hands. I think that is the trick personally, I had a choice of several and the one that felt great in my hand was one that most people probably wouldn't have chosen but it fit, it was the Beretta U22 Neos and it would use anything I put in it. It was not particular on ammo and it shot great and was a great target pistol.

Edited by Guns&Dobes
Guest Mugster

I'm sure there's 456,221 guys on this forum and 301,222 that only read and haven't joined the forum yet that would be GLAD to help you out in this dilemma, lol.

Guest Mugster
If it is just to enjoy shooting with then I would definitely recommend a .22

I had one but I like something with a little more bang, fun for me is shooting one of my .9 mm's.

I would take her to a gun store and let her hold any of the .22 semi automatics and let her find what feels good in her hands. I think that is the trick personally, I had a choice of several and the one that felt great in my hand was one that most people probably wouldn't have chosen but it fit, it was the Beretta U22 Neos and it would use anything I put in it. It was not particular on ammo and it shot great and was a great target pistol.

Thanks, yeah, baretta makes a solid firearm. You win my solid post award :D

Guest Natosha
I'm sure there's 456,221 guys on this forum and 301,222 that only read and haven't joined the forum yet that would be GLAD to help you out in this dilemma, lol.

Yeah I guess so! hahahaha!