New Take-Down Ruger 10/22

Oh Shoot

.22 is probably the most versatile cartridge there is. .22 is perfect.

And if you don't ever go camping or hiking then its not for you.

I go hiking pretty often(or I did when I lived in TN) but I can't think of a practical reason to carry a 10/22 in my pack. I guess if we had a red dawn type event it would be pretty handy. I agree it would be convenient to keep in a vehicle, especially my tiny car.

• Moderators

After fondling one at Classic, I am totally gonna end up with one. Everything about it was well thought out and done nicely. The closest I could come to a complaint is I would have preferred the bag with two straps for bag pack style wear as opposed to the single sling bag style strap.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Haha. I only had three Rugers with me this past weekend. The ones in the safe were pretty pissed when I got home.

OK then just for the record I win. :rock: I brought both of my FS SR9's, my SP-101 and the 22/45. :)

It just figures that I finally win something, but then it has no prize :unsure:

I do like the new breakdown 10-22 and I suppose one will go on "the list" simply because it is a Ruger and I think it is cool.

While I have no real need for such a thing I have been wanting something light-weight that would breakdown and fit in a medium size pack for awhile. Then Bones got his Henry a few weeks ago and rekindled those thoughts. These days it seems all I have to do is think about something and Ruger pops it out. They have been putting out a lot of new stuff the past few years, I just wonder how long they can keep coming up with new designs.....well you know.....new for them. :rolleyes:

But at the same time it seems that folks tend to forget that any of our AR's are just two pins away from being in two pieces if one was to really want to carry one in a back-pack. That may be a little much as far as weight goes for hiking and such, but I too am an old man and I aint gonna be doing no back-packing unless it is absolutely mandatory anyway.

"The list" sure is getting long :dunno:

Guest swatcop50

They announce it the same time they announce they are not taking anymore retail orders.

I guess they are going to be selling for hundreds more than MSRP because supply will be nonexistent compared to demand.

Dolomite

Just saw it on Google images for $ 299.00 at several places............. :up:

I should be picking one up tomorrow.

I have had a few other takedown 22s in the past, and most have been disappointing. The AR7 and Marlin Papoose, were the most useful, but not nearly accurate enough for my liking.

I'm betting there's no accuracy problem with this one

I got to handle one this weekend at the Armory in Lebanon. I was $349.00. It was nice and fairly light. I'm with others here. I also have been looking at a Neos carbine.

Edited by R1100R

I picked one up last week, very nice. Just need to get a different scope for it, one I had laying around is a bit too big. I like how, even with an oversized scope, I can still fit it into the case. It will be interesting to see if I can find a bipod that will fit on it and still fit into the sleeve.

I like the wood stock mod above, looks to have a smaller seam where the parts come apart.

Here is my handful of "Rugers". Note Takedown 2nd from top.

Rugers.jpg

Top to Bottom:

Tactical Innovations 1:9 twist threaded barrel with 2-7x28 Weaver, and Volquartsen hammer and extractor, put together specifically for 60 grain Aguila SSS

New 10/22 takedown, not "Volquartsened" yet.

1:16 twist standard barrel threaded, Volquartsen hammer and extractor (gotta get an optic)

Standard 18.5" barrel accurized by Rimfire Technologies with accurized bolt and VQ hammer. This is a crazy accurate rifle. I just put on a Nikon P22 2-7x32 scope w/Nikoplex reticle

AMT 6.5" AMT Lightning with SoLow mount and no-name red dot (Thanks HiPower)

Pre Mark I 6" Standard with old Bob Marvel trigger

MKIII 22/45 fully "Volquartsened" 2lb trigger very little movement to trigger

Ruger LCR .38 with Novak fiber optic

Edited by graycrait

Yeah, I don't have a lever action any longer, traded off my pre cross-bolt safety Marlin 39 and as far as bolt guns I don't know how many Mossbergs I used to have. The only bolt gun I have now is my Colibra rifle, the Marlin XT22 in the second photo. It is my backyard varmint killer with Colibras and sports a 5-20x50mm Tasco AO scope for those "hard" 10 yard shots. I do like those Remington .22s, the 572 pump and 552 semi in the lower photo guns 1&3 from top to bottom. They shoot anything and the pump shoots Colibras as well. The Winchester 62A is my nostalgia gun and it shoots pretty good too. I started shooting on a gun just like the Winchester growing up in Iowa. The Papoose is another project gun. I put a DIP Products trigger in it http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3603 and put on some Tech Sights. The Dip trigger makes the Marlin semi-auto way better than stock.

22riflesminusMarlin.jpg

BMarlinXT22wTasco5-20AOScope.jpg

My 77/22 with the Mite on it is hollywood quiet. If you use standard rounds then you can hear the sonic crack but you can't tell where. If you use subsonics, you can't tell its fired. Its a lot of fun. The glass on mine has to go though. Its hazy and crappy and stuff. It was on the rifle when I bought it.

Edited by Capbyrd