Who will be his running mate?

Guest 6.8 AR

I second the "i hope he gets it right"

Hard for me to pick because I have no way to check them out well enough.

I damn well hope they do better than McCain did.

On the surface I like what I have seen and heard out of Rubio.

Please no Christy.

Guest 6.8 AR

Palin doesn't want it. For that matter, Rubio might be warming up to the idea, since he has been

saying no. Personally, I like West, but Romney likes Christie. I hope he's not the one.

What's wrong with Palin? She tightened up a losing race. McCain was the bad choice last time.

The top pick, last time, was the problem, not her.

Don't worry, she won't get anywhere near there, Garufa.

Palin is absolute kiss of death.

Can't have another Yankee, like Christie (who btw, is absolutely NO friend of the gun owner, makes Mitt look like Ted Nugent)

Best to have someone from the South or west, South better, and Rubio really IS a conservative, might also swing the Latino Hispanic white Mexican brown American or whatever the hell it is these days vote.

Rubio is Da Man. Not quite as sure as I was along of Mitt being the nominee, but almost. That is, IF Marco will bite.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I'm thinking Ron Paul and only because it would prevent him from jumping back into the race as an independent and split the vote again whioch could once again hand Dufus a second term.

I'd posit he won't do it if for no other reason than because of Rand.

RP would become a legendary GOP pariah, and it would almost certainly rub off on Rand to whatever degree -- I just can't see RP doing anything to queer his son's seemingly bright political future.

Also, RP would be another death knell choice for the general, period.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest HvyMtl

Dan Quayle

I expect someone of this quality.

I also expect he get someone from the South, as he cannot win the election without the South. And, well, he has such a great track record with the South.

As much as I hate to say it I can see another 4 years of Obama. Most liberals are still spouting their support for him and it is these same people who got him in office 3 years ago. And even if this does happen I have much bigger concerns.

I am more concerned about the house and senate than who will be the next POTUS. Their actions can have more of an impact on the nation than the President. And honestly I would like to see the house and senate held by two different parties. At least that way nothing will happen, bad or good. I would rather have no new laws than a ton more passed to "help" us.

And even if Romney did make it into office he is a follower that tries to please everyone so he will pretty much do what others want him to do rather than do what is right. And because of this he is probably going to sign off on anything that makes it past the house and senate. And either party are probably going to hurt us right now if they are in 100% control of both the house and senate.

Dolomite

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Dolomite! There needs to be a Republican house and senate to stop this maniac right now.

He is essentially pushing around the house knowing if he were impeached it would mean nothing.

He wouldn't be removed by the senate under any circumstances. Someone like Obama needs

some serious pushing back against him. It's proving worthless right now with a split Congress.

and that's also how they get those low congressional approval ratings HvyMtl mentioned that are

worthless. Just a helping of "gridlock" in the daily news outlet.

Now, with a much less radical president, that may be workable.

As much as I hate to say it I can see another 4 years of Obama. Most liberals are still spouting their support for him and it is these same people who got him in office 3 years ago. And even if this does happen I have much bigger concerns.

I am more concerned about the house and senate than who will be the next POTUS. Their actions can have more of an impact on the nation than the President. And honestly I would like to see the house and senate held by two different parties. At least that way nothing will happen, bad or good. I would rather have no new laws than a ton more passed to "help" us.

And even if Romney did make it into office he is a follower that tries to please everyone so he will pretty much do what others want him to do rather than do what is right. And because of this he is probably going to sign off on anything that makes it past the house and senate. And either party are probably going to hurt us right now if they are in 100% control of both the house and senate.

Dolomite

That's how I see it. There is nothing inspiring on either side at the moment.

That's how I see it. There is nothing inspiring on either side at the moment.

I don't need inspiring. Obama is inspiring, that's his draw. Hope and change.

I'll take bland and steadfast traditional Americanism, thanks.

- OS

• Like 1

My top three choices for VP, would be West, Haley and Rubio.

West brings a lot to the table. He is a retired Army officer with several combat deployments under his belt. He is an educator and a Tea Party Favorite. He is also a Conservative African American. The one con sure to come out if he were chosen is that when he retired as a LT. Col. in the Army he was under investigation for his conduct during interrogations of enemy combatants. But he has also won an election in Florida and that had to have been hashed out there, at least to some extent. I've heard him on the radio some and he is an excellent, thoughtful speaker. He would be my first choice.

Rubio is also a Tea Party darling and Hispanic. That could be a real plus with the Latino vote and could go along way to helping Romney win this election. He has some issues too, though. He has a couple of controversies dogging him. He has a foreclosure on a house in Tallahassee when he was a Florida State Congressman. And he told a little fib about being the son of Cuban Exciles. Actually, his parents left Cuba about 3 years before Castro came to power. That hasn't actually endeared him to the Cuban majority in Florida. Those two things will surely come out during a Presidential Election and get hammered by the media.

Haley is obviously a woman and nice looking to boot! She is another Tea Party favorite, but has had mixed results in South Carolina and she won a personally bruising election for Governor. To me, that means she is tough as nails, considering all the rumors of infidelity she faced. That has to be one of the biggest mud slinging contests I've ever seen! I believe she is of Indian (as in India) descent. Since Romney is seen to be trailing with the women's vote, she could be a real shot in the arm for his campaign. I think she is a much better choice than Palin, as I believe her to be smarter. If she is the choice, then look for all that old dirt from the SC Governor race to come back up. I might add that a lot of the crap came from within the Republican party down there.

My personal opinion is that if Romney Picks Christy, I will not vote. I'm already going to hold my nose vote for a Northeast Rhino. An Anti-2nd Amendment Christy would be way to much to swallow. I'll just hope that the Republicans can stay in control of the House and take control of the Senate.

Fox news this morning had Huckabee on, and was throwing his name around as a possible choice. When asked if he would run with him, he said something about "not buying the corsage before you get a prom date" but he was smiling like it would be something he would certainly consider.

Fox news this morning had Huckabee on, and was throwing his name around as a possible choice. When asked if he would run with him, he said something about "not buying the corsage before you get a prom date" but he was smiling like it would be something he would certainly consider.

+ for evangelicals and South I reckon. Must admit Huck wasn't on my radar.

- OS