Practicing on Zombie targets

Guest Jelly

Guest Jelly

Has anyone used the zombie torso targets that you can get some exploding stuff for the rifles to hit and it will explode pretty well.

I was a bit nervous of mixing the explosive part so I just shot at mine this weekend...it's like filled with that "good stuff" you use around the house and paintballs with a zombie on the front.

.380s just bounced off...but the shotgun slugs destroyed them where they stood.

Moral of the story...buy more slugs!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jelly

I wasn't attempting to detonate the tannerite with a 380. It was just apart of the bigger collection we used.

We had AR's, .22's XD's Sigs...you name it..

but yeah, we had a heck of a good time!

• 2 months later...
Guest poboyspecial

In order to detonate the Tannerite, you Must have something that travels over 1000 fps. The slugs obviously do, but the 380 does not go that fast. I love the 380 round, I carry it with me all the time. We have tested it extensively and find it to be a great defense round. However, back to the original comment, if you want to shoot the Tannerite with a pistol, make sure it is a +P round or something that will go over 1000 fps.

We (me & my youngest daughter) made a home-made zombie target last weekend and had a lot of fun blasting away at it with an M9, then my youngest daughter wanted to try out her medieval flail (3 spiked metal balls chained to metal handle) on it and we absolutely destroyed it within in a couple of wacks with that thing, I wish I had remembered to take some pictures because we really had an awesome time, no tannerite was involved though.

It also changed my mind about how effective a melee weapon like that could be in a zombie apocolyse, considering I took the zombies head half-off with my first swing.

Yea she's a pretty cool kid, only 9 years old and she can shoot better than a lot of grown men, of course she has been going to the range with me as soon as she was old enough to keep her ear-muffs on her head and has been reloading as soon as she was old enough to be able to pull the lever down all of the way, she is definately her fathers daughter, that is for sure.

I had one of the zombie's but didnt fill him with the tannernite. Just shoot him, alot! Bleeds when you hit him (pink paint balls on the inside). Probably have over 500 rounds in him so far...

Warhammer? great now I know what I am getting my lil one for Christmas! ha ha anyway I have a framing hammer that would probably do quite a bit of damage if swung at someone, so I can just imagine what sort of damage an actual warhammer would do.

Guest bkelm18

Warhammer? great now I know what I am getting my lil one for Christmas! ha ha anyway I have a framing hammer that would probably do quite a bit of damage if swung at someone, so I can just imagine what sort of damage an actual warhammer would do.

Cheesy video from Cold Steel, but they can do some serious damage.

[media=]

[/media]

The cold steel stuff is pretty BA in my opinion, I just can't bring myself to buy swords and hammers and what not. My problem? My neighbors already think I'm strange enough without having to see me out in the yard swinging medieval weapons around.

As my dad gets older and more reliant on the old blackthorn stick the thought has occurred to replace his with one of theirs.

Just something cool about a walking stick capable of demolishing a solid block of ice. Especially when wielded by someone with years of baton training.