Post pictures of your KNIVES

• Administrator

I'm currently carrying a SOG Flash II but the handle busted and I'm looking for something else. Since I'm in a knife sorta mood, I thought it might be fun and educational (for me at least) to post pics of our knives.

Here's what mine is supposed to look like when the handle isn't all jacked up:

IMG_0586.JPG

• Administrator
Thats a mighty fine tip on that blade.

Yes, it's been one hell of a knife. SOG has a new "Aegis Tanto" coming out later this year that I really would like to pick up. Thankfully their lifetime warranty will cover repair or replacement of my Flash Tanto's handle but it's going to mean being without the knife for a while I'm sure.

05785_Gerber_Applegate-Fairbairn_Covert.jpg

Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Covert Folder

* Uncommon strength and balance

* 154CM blade with titanium nitride coating

* Patented Roto-Lock

* Limited Lifetime Warranty

* Overall Length: 8.7"

* Length Closed: 4.9"

* Length of Blade: 3.78"

* Weight: 4.2 oz.

* Blade Material: 154CM

* Handle Material: Glass-filled nylon

* Blade Style: Spear

* Blade Type: Double bevel

It doesn't mention it but the handles are unlikely to break. As well as the glass filled nylon, it also has full length stainless steel panels under the plastic.

Suggested Retail: $167.80

Recommended by a LE buddy in North Carolina. I've carried it every day for years.

da8b_1.JPG

This is basically what mine looks like.

Spyderco Endura.

They have changed the model, but I think they are an excellent company.

Once I had a tip break when I was using it to take up commercial carpet glued to a concrete floor. I called them and they told me to send it back. They couldn't repair it to make it look like new but they did fix it "as best they could" and also sent me an additional one as a trial when they were changing the clip from Plastic to Metal and working on the half serrated blade.

Great company....

Heres a few. The Leatherman is one of my daily carrying knifes.

P1010002.jpg

The is my SpyderCo also that I carry.

spyderco.jpg

I just started carrying 2 knifes. I use the Leatherman only cause sometimes I have to fix vending machines.

Guest gsbell

Tungsten,

SOG stands behind their knives send it in and it will come back in a couple of weeks good as new.

I was so busy looking at the purty knives that I missed that you already know this. :D

Edited by gsbell
Guest Jason F.

I have this inexpensive Gerber Ez-Out that I carry every day. It holds up well but does not hold an edge well enough under somewhat hard use.

ger-06701.gif

I was using this inexpensive Smith and Wesson folder as my daily carry knife but I was having problems with the three screws on the pocket clip backing out. It held an edge better than the Gerber though.

SW-CK9H.jpg

I would like to find a good strong folder that will hold up to my slightly rough use but not cost over $100. I would feel bad about tearing up a nice knife.

I have this inexpensive Gerber Ez-Out that I carry every day. It holds up well but does not hold an edge well enough under somewhat hard use.

ger-06701.gif

I was using this inexpensive Smith and Wesson folder as my daily carry knife but I was having problems with the three screws on the pocket clip backing out. It held an edge better than the Gerber though.

SW-CK9H.jpg

I would like to find a good strong folder that will hold up to my slightly rough use but not cost over $100. I would feel bad about tearing up a nice knife.

Look at the Cold Steel Gunsite II. My boss has 5 or 6 of them. I just ordered one for about $56.

Check out the video.

[ame]

[/ame]
Guest REDDOG79

Only have a pic of one but I carry all of these every day

Schrade carbon steel 3 blade slip lock

Leatherman Charge XTI

Swiss Army Knife Ranger

Titanium escape card (basically a credit card sized piece of titanium with one of the corners sharpened)

Gerber nail clippers with small penknife

Benchmade model 552 Ritter Survival Knife (RSK)

blackcoatedfull_large.jpg

yeah I like knives maybe even more than guns but only because they are cheaper and I use them at least every day

Kirby

My first pic has my Gerber eazy-out that ive had for around 7 years. Love it. Only problem is the clip has gotten bent to many times and Ive bent it back but it doesnt stay clipped on my pocket to well anymore. So instead of lossing it one day, i just got the Spyderco. But the blade on the Gerber has been great, sharpens up well everytime.

Since we are talking knifes I'll throw a plug out for a friend that has sold me my Spydercos and Benchmades. He is also starting to put some AR accys on the site. Help a good fellow out if your looking to buy a knife.

Last Christmas I ordered a bunch of smaller knifes for my crew on the dock. Some of them were not what I thought they would be when they arrived. I told him I had screwed up and he said send em back and what do you want to replace them with. He shipped the replacements that day before I had even put the returned ones in the mail! Big Sapper knows customer service.

http://www.sappersupplies.com/

Oh I like this thread, I like knives and have two to show.

My Case that I got for a Christmas present :D and my knife that my brother made. The handle is deer horn. He made the sheath also.

myknives.jpg

myknives1.jpg

myknives2.jpg

Edited by Guns&Dobes
Guest GT_Rat

DPP_0001.JPG

Gil Hibben Silver shadow, Old Gerber Mk1, Two Leatherman E303's. I carry one of the Leatherman E303's all the time.

Guest db99wj

Gerber Paraframe Mini. Just at 6" open length. Doesn't keep a great edge, but it works. I got it because it is small, carry it every day, and it only cost me about $10 so if I lose it, which will happen, so what.

Here's a better look at what I carry.

2456486003_2774d1b8bc_o.jpg

There is the Gerber and the Cold Steel I carry on the web belt. But the one I absolutely always carry is the little Victorinox. I have sent some of them to guys being deployed. They thought I was nuts until they found out how useful the little knife is, especially the thin, but strong, screwdriver blade. I eventually get a note back telling me they now understand why I am so high on that knife.

I see Cold Steel has updated their dorky knife DVD. The old one I have has the owner (I think) running around in shorts and doing the idiotic demonstrations. Don't get me wrong, they make some good knives. You will note that I carry one. I wouldn't suggest using it to open a C-ration can, but it is an excellent slasher/gutter. CS's reputation is built on excellent heat treating, but their newer offerings have become more conventional with more "standard" steels.

Few knife brands can be counted on to only have excellent steel for the purpose sold. But the name brands generally have some truly good knives if you research knife steel and design. Most also have a lot of crap. You have to do your homework.

I have a few, but don't have many pictures.

I had a gerber Evo Jr. that I carried. I carried it backpacking

too. But I... lost it. Plan on getting the larger Gerber EVO to replace

it.

Here is a Hen & Rooster that my wife got me for our 15 yr.

anniversary. I really like it.

knife_In.jpg

knife_out.jpg