Range Report Kahr CW9

Guest FIST

Took her out for the first time this morning. Went to Golden pond at LBL. The range was clean and the folks that showed up were safe (Respectful Use Range) and the weather was great.

I built a target stand (no targets on this range) from some scrap wood I had sitting around and used paper plates for targets, it held up well and I have some good Ideas to follow up on it with.

As for the pistol, I ran 100 rds of American Eagle 124gr FMJ and 100 rds of 124gr Winchester NATO FMJ through it, no jams, FTF, nothing. Ran like a champ. I also fired a small assortment of JHP and still no issues. It's definitely the smallest pistol I have ever fired but it is accurate and reliable. I can't say it was fun constantly loading the 7 and 8 rd magazines though. The only bad part of the day is I burned through a good chunk of my ammo (also took some .40 out) that I need to get replaced ASAP.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my wife a CW9 for carry....it seems to shoot well, but is really too small for my hands. Trigger pull also seems a little high for me, but that might be because the gun is too small for me as well. I wish that magazines were a little more plentiful and less expensive, but hind sight is 20/20.

True, the magazine thing kicked me right in the wallet. One would think that as Kahr catches on the magazines would start to drop in price a little and maybe even a quality reproduction would be made. It's small but almost has a full size feel to me.

Guest motonut

Kahr mags are quite reasonable to me (PM9 & CM9), be glad you're not buying Walther PPQ mags, they're scarce AND expensive.

As for open range targets, we have a thread here somewhere where folks have some good ideas on targets. Personally I have a couple of the better Home Depot "House for Sale" frames and collect the old political posters after the elections and attach them to the frames. Works very well for me and there's no shortage of those political signs!

As for open range targets, we have a thread here somewhere where folks have some good ideas on targets. Personally I have a couple of the better Home Depot "House for Sale" frames and collect the old political posters after the elections and attach them to the frames. Works very well for me and there's no shortage of those political signs!

+1

Those are what I use in the backyard for my pellet rifles.