New M&P Shield

Steelharp

I'm not a fan of installing aftermarket internals in a gun that I plan on carrying for personal protection.

It's been debated many times, but I'm one of those who would rather not give a prosecutor any ammunition to use against me if I ever find myself in the position where I need to shoot someone in self defense. I prefer to keep my carry weapon as factory as possible, which is why I went with the Pro Series.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch on the Sprint network using Tapatalk 2

Guest Big-A
Have you ever used Apex's parts?
Oh yea once in an M&P 45 and it was a real sweet shooter. But the shield is a small ccw gun not really made for target shooting

Since I am a big SW 3913 fan and keep one around, the thumb safety is not a big issue for me. Either don't use it or remove it. But if you also like carrying 1911's cocked and locked, keeping a thumb safety on the compact to keep up muscle memory is not a bad thing. I used to try and switch up between a Glock and a 1911 and I hate to admit that if I did not keep up with my practice I would sometimes fail to disengage the safety on the 1911 under stress. I am older now so it is either Glocks, revolvers or safeties off when holstered.Oh, I too want to check one of these out as I like the M&P's better than Glocks.

I looked held and dry fired one at Benton's yesterday. It won't do anything better than my PM9 its heavier and no CT laser yet. I passed. Ergonomics was good.

I'm waiting for the new single stack 45 from Springfield. None through Benton's yet.

Edited by DAdams

Those of us who are 1911 fans appreciate the safety. It only makes good sense to have the same manual of arms for all of your defensive carry weapons. The big boy is my Springfield Range Officer, The mid size is my S&W M&P 9C manual safety and the baby is the Sig P-238. Each of these pistols has a thumb safety. If a fella wants to he can leave the thumb safety in the down position on the 9C and the same is true of the 9mm Shield. I held a .40 S&W Shield in my hand Thursday at my LGS. Eat your hearts out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnboy64

I went by Tn Gun Country this morning to see if they had one. They did but it was sold. Got to handle it and see it real close up. Nice pistol. May sell my LC9 and purchase the Shield.