No more TGO on Tapatalk?

I use the full website on my droid phone. It is not hard at all to use.

I tried tapatalk a few times and found it clumsy and less usable than just my regular droid browser.

It is probably whatever you get used to first i guess.

I could't find a button to search for new posts on the mobile website, so I'm using the full site clumsily on my tablet. Did I miss something?

Yes. In the mobile site, click on the foursquares icon in the upper right hand corner then click on new content.

• Administrator

Well, looks like I'll be on TGO a it less often...of course, some people will probably be very happy about that. :)

Like I said, I knew this would not be popular with everyone or please everyone, but it's the way forward. The rough edges that you are dealing with now will go away and IPB is (and has been for a while) working on their on iPhone app so we'll take a look at that too.

Tapatalk was a carry-over from our days of running vBulletin. It wasn't the greatest there and it wasn't the greatest here either. By reducing the number of non-IPB components in our "ecosystem" we can better control the presentation of the forum to all devices. As someone who has lived in IT yourself, I think you probably understand the why-for's of doing this.

Like I said, I knew this would not be popular with everyone or please everyone, but it's the way forward. The rough edges that you are dealing with now will go away and IPB is (and has been for a while) working on their on iPhone app so we'll take a look at that too.

Tapatalk was a carry-over from our days of running vBulletin. It wasn't the greatest there and it wasn't the greatest here either. By reducing the number of non-IPB components in our "ecosystem" we can better control the presentation of the forum to all devices. As someone who has lived in IT yourself, I think you probably understand the why-for's of doing this.

No worries, David...it's an small inconvenience...it's not the end of the world.

• Administrator

Update 4/14/12

After some discussions with a few members here, and after reviewing support conversations between Tapatalk and other IPB administrators, I have decided to re-enable the Tapatalk plug-in for TGO. I have also installed the latest version of the Tapatalk software on the forums.

One key thing to note is that you will still be re-directed to the IPB mobile site when you access the Classifieds. There presently does not seem to be a way around this, but we will continue working with the developers to see if something better can be provided in the future.

Thanks to all of you who provided feedback on the issue. :)

What makes Tapatalk so much better than the regular mobile version?

I think it has more finish look. You can see the first couple lines of the last post under the thread title, as well as the name and avatar of that poster.

It gives you a 'participated' tab that shows all threads you have posted in, with most recent updates at the top(I know mobile version is similar, but tapatalk is better)

I can upload pictures from my phone straight to thread without hosting on a web first.

I used it for a while and I don't like to change ;)

• Like 1