Becoming an outdoors woman?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Natosha
XD,we should go fishing together one day.Im the best at catching other peoples bait :eek:

Hahaha! I would just be happy to catch a little fish. But I never catch anything. So that is why I don't fish!

Guest MrsS

Angel..I don't know how far in mid Tennessee you are, but I believe Crossville will have a 3 day event for becoming an outsdoor women...the cost is $150 for the event and it runs from Friday-Sunday (June 20-22); you stay in barrack like rooms with a shared bath and it includes meals; I may go to that one as well...if time and my lil' one lets me, lol. I know from the flyers I get from TWRA, they have all kinds of events all over Tennessee.

Guns & Dobes: I have already registered/paid for my day at Knoxville; I am now just waiting on the confirmation.

Natosha: the particuliar event Guns & Dobes mentioned for me is only one day..Saturday, June 14th-rain or shine!

Guest MrsS
I called and left a message with Mr Hosse and he hasn't called me back, I wanted to ask him some questions before I signed up.

The few times I called him, he didn't return my call for a few days.....but he did return it, lol.

Guest Natosha
I always got plenty of bites when I use to fish, I'm sure it always made the mosquitoes happy. :D

hahaha! me too!

Guest Angel 24/7

Yeah, that would be a great trip. But, Mom doesn't go away for 3 days! last time I did that I went to New York City. Before my 3 year old was born. We are about 3 hours from Crossville.

Guest MrsS
Yeah, that would be a great trip. But, Mom doesn't go away for 3 days! last time I did that I went to New York City. Before my 3 year old was born. We are about 3 hours from Crossville.

I'm in that same arena as you Angel....to leave my little one for more than 1/2 a day is like torture of biblical proportions in his eyes! He travels alot with me, he can handle not being with dad a few days...but not me.

Guest Natosha

Girls the longest I ever left Jude was for my class for my handgun permit. I hate leaving him even for an hour!!! HA! Yes I am a clingy mom. He goes everywhere I go.

Guest MrsS
Girls the longest I ever left Jude was for my class for my handgun permit. I hate leaving him even for an hour!!! HA! Yes I am a clingy mom. He goes everywhere I go.

Your not a clingy mom! I have to work so my son spends his weekdays at daycare...I enjoy taking him places with me and don't want to drop him off at his grandparents...as it is, I don't have much time with him.

Guest Natosha

I don't work, well I babysit a little girl in the afternoons through the week but I don't work outside the home. It would be another ballgame if I had too. I bet I would really NEVER leave him. I am bad now but I bet I would be even worse!! HAHA!

I was going to do the outdoor woman one day thing, even had my application figured out but realized I have guess from out of state coming to visit and we are going to be gone camping. YIKES!!! I can't believe that I almost did that. hahahaha

Guest Angel 24/7

I was a clingy mom with Dakota. Allan I worked opposite shifts for 3 years so one of us was always with him. Then my mother told me, he is the only child he doesn't want to be around you take him to preschool 3 days a week. So I did, (mother knows best crap) it was the best thing I ever did for him, he loved going & playing with his friends, socially & academicly he did great. Baylie loves going to school now she goes to the same prescool he went to & she has grown alot also. So I think about the age of 3 is a good age to let go a little. If Jude goes 3 days a week 6 hours, that gives you mommy time. which all of us need!!

Guest Natosha

Angel he isn't preschool age yet but I do plan to send him at 3 or 4. Depending on when he will be allow to go since since his birthday is in January. I agree that he needs to go then. But at 16 months I just can't hardly leave him. :D hahaha! But I do sometimes need a break.

I rarely leave my 3 yr. old son. I'll only leave him with his daddy or my mom and it's usually for no more than 2 hours at a time. I've only left him once overnight.......and I didn't have a choice on that one.......I had to go into the hospital for an abdominal hysterectomy. I left him at my house with my mom and sister (his daddy stayed with me in the hospital). That was sooooooo hard for me to leave him!!!! The doc said I could go home the next morning if I could use the bathroom, eat, and walk around. At 6:00 a.m I made myself get up and start walking.......I actually passed out from pain when I was sitting in the bathroom.....luckily I didn't fall over! I was hurting so bad let me tell you......but when the doc came in around 8:00 and asked how I was doing I told him "great! I'm ready to go home!" I just wanted to get home to my baby (he was 2).

So I know how you feel Natosha! :D

Guest Angel 24/7

If you don't mind me asking. Why did you have to have your hysterectomy? I had an abdominal one 8 weeks ago.

Edited by Angel 24/7

When I had Cameron in 2005 I wouldn't dilate and they had to do a c-section. Come to find out.....my uterus was FULL of fibroid tumors. The doctor said one was almost as big as the baby! I had over a dozen of them. The doctor didn't want to take my uterus out then because he wanted to let me have the chance to have another child if I wanted to. He also said it was really almost a miracle that I was able to conceive with all those fibroids in there. After having Cameron I constantly had pain and pressure from the fibroids, and I decided one child was enough at my age :D so I had the hysterectomy last summer. They had to do it abdominally because of the large fibroids.

Angel, why did you have to have yours?

Guest Angel 24/7

I had a period that started last Aug. I finally got into my doc. in sept. in october I had 2 ultrasounds done & they found a mass it was in the tissue so they could not tell what it was until he did a D&C in Nov. it was a noncancerous fibroid. So I took 4 different kinds of Hormones over 4 month period & nothing worked. Pretty much waiting for the insurance company to approve it. So I finally got one the end of March. when they took my uterus & sliced it they found I had a severe case of a word that is this big................................ I don't remember what he said, but if I ever need to know it is on file. It was were the cells that produce the lining of your uterus to have a period, buried themselves in the tissue & didn't know when to stop. It was the only thing we could do. I am ok with it. I feel much better. my blood was low, I was animic(?) still am not as bad.

My sister had ovarian cancer at 23 years old. so I had to way the option of keeping my ovaries or taking them. I didn't know which was worse maybe have a chance of cancer or hormone replacement theropy, So I kept my ovaries. My chances are high of breast cancer anyway.

The doctor took everything when he did mine. One of my ovaries was enlarged anyway and I've heard horror stories about women getting just their uterus taken out and then having to go back and have their ovaries taken out later. So I decided to let the doctor take it all out at once. He even took out my appendix while he was in there! I would have liked to have had one more baby if I was younger......but I was almost 37 when I had Cameron and with my arthritis, one baby is enough to chase around!

I'm doing well with the hormone replacement therapy.....I get a hot flash once in a while......but for the most part things are going ok so far.

Guest Angel 24/7

My doc told me their was a 5 % chance o having to go back in. I thought I would take my chances. I have a very high threase hold for pain. I had c-sections with both. the day I had them I stopped meds. With the Ad. Hys. Allan made me keep pushing the little button of morphine. he said we have to pay for it anyway. I was more afraid of the hormones because a have alot of cousins that have had one & they had a horrible time with them. Like you I weighed my option carefully!

yes this is why we needed girl section!