Tokarev is here

Just returned from the post office with my new to me Romanian Tokarev from Classic arms. First impressions are: Made in 1953. It's smaller than I thought it would be. The finish is as close to 100% as can be. No holster wear, even the top of the front site blade is dark. The bore looks good although I haven't disassembled the pistol and I don't have a bore light. The front of the bolt around the firing pin is dark but that may be old oil. There was quite a bit in the barrel. The holster is worn, as expected. So far, I am very happy. It is as good or better than the website said it would be. I can't wait to try it out.

Funny thought though. Since it is illegal to have a weapon on Postal property, I might have been in violation from the time I took possesion of the package until I was out of the parking lot.

Glenn

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, i have yugo version and its a fun gun to shoot. My bore is pretty frosty but it still shoots well, matter of fact the whole gun is pretty nasty looking, it was definitely used but I like it.

How do you get a gun shipped from a dealer at the post office ?

There are no dealers at the post office. ;)

If you have a C&R license then any firearm that qualifies may be sent directly to your door.

Congrats on the Tok, Glenn!

Edited by Garufa

I bought 400 rounds of surplus along within the gun but I defiantly plan to grab some more real soon. My wife's cousin has several boxes of 7.63x25 modern ammo. Anyone know if it will work in the TOK?

Glenn

Well I am not sure about this but a friend of mine told me to stay away from the 7.62 M49. He told me it is 7.62x35, but it is a sub machine gun load. Not sure I have never seen this stuff.. So I am not sure how much of it is out there.. Maybe someone in this forum could shed some light on the subject...

I've got a couple - good pistols. I need to make some more carry holsters for them - I've made at least a dozen, but keep selling them for some reason. I have always shot the commercial stuff in them - the bores are decent and I don't want to take a chance on the corrosive stuff when there is a readily available alternative.

If you are gonna shoot surplus, PM me. I have some GI WWII bore cleaner (the milky white stuff) which is supposed to be good for cleaning after shooting corrosive ammo.

Someone just gave me a Nagant revolver. Nice piece. Not one of the re-arsenaled guns, but still pretty decent. Doesn't have the importers billboard on the side (no import marks at all, actually), and someone at sometime worked over the trigger. It used to have a couple setscrews to limit overtravel and set pull. They're gone, but single action pull is sweet. Double is pretty hefty, though... Unfortunately the only ammo I can find is surplus.

• 2 weeks later...

i have toks from china, yugo, romo, poland and cz. love them all. some shoot good, some don't. my latest is the chrome one from Classic Arms. VERY nice finish but the bore was pretty nasty. Cleaned up better than I thought it would.

Privi and another company have ammo for the Nagant. Aimsurplus.com is also running a pretty good sale on surp ammo for it right now as well. The only problem I have is that the new ammo isn't as hot as the surplus stuff. Supposedly you can also shoot .32 longs out of it but I haven't tried it myself.

• 1 month later...