I'm thinking about a CW45

Patton

Talk me out of buying a CW45. I'm a Glock and S&W revolver guy. I have this urge to try 45acp ownership again. I am leaning towards the CW45 because I can get a new one for $390ish out the door. I have a desire to adapt the 1911 magazines to fit the CW45. This will not be a carry gun for a while and not unless I'm 100% pleased with it. I'm going to be shooting mostly reloads so the cost of break in doesn't bother me a whole lot. Any good arguments why I should stay clear? Let me put this out there. I am far from being a fan of 1911's

Edited by Patton
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I could not make myself spend $550-$600 on a kahr. I have always liked the PM45 but not for the price. A CM45 would be great but who knows if it will see production. The polymer Kahrs just seam like they give a lot of troubles.

Guest twpayne75

Wife has a CW9 and loves it. Has about 500 rounds through it without a hiccup.

Previously I owned an MK9. Nice gun. Shot amazingly well for a gun of it's size.

Well, I own a CW45 now. I've racked the slide and dry fired about 100 times. If I hold the trigger and rack, waiting for trigger reset(I know there is not one) I have to squeeze the trigger twice for it to fire. I'm not going to judge it until I fire it though. Overall I think I'll be happy as long as its reliable. I just felt like I needed a 45 acp, I need to get some 45 dies to load up all these casings I have.

If you were going to purchase a really awfull pistol I'd try to change your mind but the CW45 and CW9 are pretty nice pistol's. I have a friend who purchased a CW9 and he love's it, he stopped carrying his P3AT and PF9 after he'd had the CW9 for a while.

I can't speak to the CW45, but the CW9 I had was a very reliable, accurate, light-weight, slim carry weapon. I'd probably still be carrying it now if I hadn't switched over to a Glock 26 for other reasons.

Bottomline, I can't, and wouldn't, talk you out of it. Kahr makes really nice weapons, and it's very surprising how underrated they really are.

Mac

Guest jdcjr

I have a CW45 now and have put approx. 400 - 450 flawless rounds through it without any issues. I have no problem at all betting my life on it as an EDC. Shoots great and is easy to conceal carry.

Edited by jdcjr

Well, I was eyeing the 45 because I was intrigued by using 1911 magazines for it. I also didn't own a 45 because I never could find one that I liked the fit of. The Glock 36 was always a possibility but for more than $125 less the CW45 was a winner

So I let my Chief take it to the range today to play with.......

It's a winner so far. 100 rounds without a malfunction, kicked like a mule, and he says it might be one of the most accurate polymer guns he has ever fired. I am going to shoot a mag through it in the morning.