Bazooka!

Guest RCLARK

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a LAW, not a bazooka.

Pshaw!

It is a redneck with something that shoots a larger than average projectile that creates a larger than average boom.

I am fine with it being called a bazooka.

And I would buy a shirt that read "What Would Boyd Crowder Do?" Or Daryl Dixon for that matter.

Edited by Murgatroy
Guest RCLARK
That looks like a LAW, not a bazooka.

Nobody would click on the topic if I had titled it "LAW" now would they?

Well, they are significantly different weapons. Whatsisname would have gotten more respect with a 3.5 inch M20 bazooka than with a 20 mm LAW, but it's just TV.

I was an M20 gunner back in the dark ages. 3rd Legion, Roman Army, Gaul.

Guest RCLARK

If my memory is correct, Boyd blew up a church in that scene. That was back in his racist hate crimes days. He has since straightened up and is now a respectable illegal narcotics dealer.

They had one of those on American Guns tonight. Always wanted one but don't know what I would do with it ;) . Actually a neighbor has a AT-4 (demilled before someone gets upset) and when I asked him why, he said "to destroy whatever comes down the street." Good answer I guess.

(~~ Activate funny bone before proceeding~~)

now where did I put the 10 or 12 gauge conversion kit for one of these,.. :popcorn:

Seriously I remember someone in the 80's mentioning these being made..not sure if they were blowing smoke (probably) but it would be fun a the skeet/trap/sporting clays range wouldn't it ?

not to mention the duck blind would love to see the look on the TWRA mans face.... LOL

John

(~~ Activate funny bone before proceeding~~)

now where did I put the 10 or 12 gauge conversion kit for one of these,.. :popcorn:

Seriously I remember someone in the 80's mentioning these being made..not sure if they were blowing smoke (probably) but it would be fun a the skeet/trap/sporting clays range wouldn't it ?

not to mention the duck blind would love to see the look on the TWRA mans face.... LOL

John

That would be awesome! I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make, but what kind of paperwork would that be? DD, AOW?
Well, they are significantly different weapons. Whatsisname would have gotten more respect with a 3.5 inch M20 bazooka than with a 20 mm LAW, but it's just TV.

I was an M20 gunner back in the dark ages. 3rd Legion, Roman Army, Gaul.

You mean 67mm actually for the LAW.

You mean 67mm actually for the LAW.

According to Wikipedia, 66 mm.

This means that either:

I misunderstood the instructor, or

I mis-remembered the caliber, or

The instructor told us a lie.

Anyhow, 3.5 inches beats 66 or 67 mm.

According to Wikipedia, 66 mm.

This means that either:

I misunderstood the instructor, or

I mis-remembered the caliber, or

The instructor told us a lie.

Anyhow, 3.5 inches beats 66 or 67 mm.

I would put my money on the instructor telling you wrong.

Also, I would say in size yes the 28 wins but the fuzing and warhead system on the LAW is far superior. The entire bore riding pin and inertia driven base detonating system with only a 50/50 ratio for the shaped charge puts it as a failed system early on.

The piezo and det speed of the M72 warhead is one of the fastest and most efficient still to this day of mass produced designs and with the optimum cone angle and standoff distance the 72 punches deeper and faster than the M28 series.

Anyway, glad to know there is someone else around that can appreciate what it's like to put 90mm recoilless rounds down range.

Hmm shotgun insert??? I think I have a tube or 2 somewhere.

Rumor up above has it, don't know if it's true or not though. I was thinking it would be cool to stick an 870 in one so every time you closed it, it would load a new shell. I can't find any tubes online, might have to see if a surplus store has any.

I grew up on Ft. Campbell and used to play with the LAW tubes. We got them out of the dumpsters behind the old hospital before they tore it down. The MP's didn't like it very much and would always come and relieve us of them. After a couple of times they found a new place to dump em. Best toy ever!

-southernasylum

Rumor up above has it, don't know if it's true or not though. I was thinking it would be cool to stick an 870 in one so every time you closed it, it would load a new shell. I can't find any tubes online, might have to see if a surplus store has any.

I found 3 yesterday in a locker when we were moving buildings, if you want one PM me.

Guest Lester Weevils

I don't watch that sons of guns show but saw a segment where they were making a "military reenactment" bazooka that shot homemade rockets (rather wimpy little thangs with short range, low velocity and no warhead of course). Think they were also reconditioning a flame thrower in that show.

Would a homemade shoulder-fired tube which fires non-explosive amateur rockets be in the purvue of the ATF? AOW or whatever? It is legal to posess and fire amateur rockets unless you do something criminal with them. Dunno if the rockets would become a firearm or destructive device if the launcher happened to be a shoulder fired tube rather than a conventional rail or rod vertical amateur rocket pad. Would be interesting to know.