On Target Murfreesboro- DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

Guest TnTnTn

Sorry to hear about your AK problems. I am not surprised to hear of issues with On Target. I haven't been in there in several years as their sales people are/were arrogant and don't want to be bothered with a potential customer. Sounds like I have missed more of the same crap I saw earlier. TTT

Edited by TnTnTn

To my knowledge I have never heard of a manufacturer that claimed the warranty period starts the second it leaves their doors. I always figured it was understood it started from the date of purchase by the consumer. Then agian, there is a reason alot fewer places do any business with Arsenal anymore, either. Frankly thats a level of bull#### I have never seen before.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 2
Guest A10thunderbolt

To my knowledge I have never heard of a manufacturer that claimed the warranty period starts the second it leaves their doors. I always figured it was understood it started from the date of purchase by the consumer. Then agian, there is a reason alot fewer places do any business with Arsenal anymore, either. Frankly thats a level of bull#### I have never seen before.

This X1000

They either sold you a used gun or On Target became the official owner by making it a rental gun for the range. That's why they hadn't called Arsenal yet. They knew they had no case with Arsenal. They were stalling you these 2 1/2 weeks and avoiding you hoping to figure out what to do or you'd give up.

Brad

I am curious where the original five round plastic mag went along with the authentication sight target and manual and paperwork. I received all this with mine but Taylor did not which is what red flagged me. I personally believe Taylor was sold a used gun or a gun which they knew had an issue since rifle fire is allowed at their range I'm sure someone shot it especially since its from 2009. I was gonna buy another Arsenal but never again, I'm buying Krebs now. Secondly when did firearm warranty countdown start when it leaves the factory, I thought it started once transferred to a individual. And for Arsenal not to fix it, they don't stand behind their product. As for On Target I will never spend one dollar there.

I have never heard of a warranty starting from the date an item leaves the factory either. I would probably suggest trying to work with both On Target and Arsenal and getting On Target to tell Arsenal they sold the rifle to you new and that they should honor the warranty. If Arsenal won't then it's bad on them.

It sounds to me like you are getting screwed from both ends, dude. Sorry to hear that.

I'm curious to know if Arsenal suspects OnTarget has been using the gun as a range rental or has taken in in as a return or something like that. From the OP, it doesn't sound likely a shop would have one sitting NIB on a shelf with any reasonable kind of demand unless they had it grossly overpriced.

Let's assume OnTarget has not been renting out this gun or letting employees shoot it and it really has been sitting NIB on a shelf despite demand for 3 years and it's not a return. Why drag your feet for 2+ wks getting it sent back, if you're sure you sold a NIB gun to someone? I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like OnTarget knew this gun would never be fixed free by Arsenal under warranty, so they didn't even try. I wonder what kind of story the OP would've been told a month later when it never got sent out.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

If its sold as 'new' ... Arsenal should definitely take it back and fix it @ their cost .... no reason sitting in a shop, it should be 'out' of warranty. Otherwise that's a really bogus/ bad warranty.

Unfortunately, you are stuck with the cost of getting it fixed.

Welcome to the dirty little secret of the gun business...very few dealers stand behind what they sell and only a handfull of manufacturers stand behind their products. The big, established companies do, but the importers/assemblers appear to be the opposite.

One possibile course of action I have not heard mentioned would be to try involving your credit card company/bank. Assuming you made the purchase with plastic that is.

You may repeat MAY be able to get them to back you up from the sound of your complaint. Certainly worth a try at the least, even if it IS a long shot.(no pun intended)

Good luck.

We are talking about an AK here right? One of the simplest firearms known to man...and arsenal won't stand behind it? What a crock of sh*t.....you need to quit the emails and get someone on the phone...if you can't you might want to go ahead and email them a link to this thread...that usually gets a manufacturers attention...i know that if they don't fix it I would absolutely never consider buying one of their rifles.

We are talking about an AK here right? One of the simplest firearms known to man...and arsenal won't stand behind it? What a crock of sh*t.....you need to quit the emails and get someone on the phone...if you can't you might want to go ahead and email them a link to this thread...that usually gets a manufacturers attention...i know that if they don't fix it I would absolutely never consider buying one of their rifles.

Great advice. Can't hurt to try. No manufacturer likes to see their product talked about in a negative fashion on a form that can cover as much territory as this one does.

Forget the Manager, you need to talk to the owner. I was sold something that was passed off as new and it was used at a LGS. I marched back in there about a hour later and walked out with my money. The owner came on here a while back and apologized to me and stated he had let the guy go. This was all because a similar thread was started about poor customer service and it got back to him.

I don't know about Tennessee but Georgia use to have a law against this called "Theft by Deception" and it covered a lot different areas in business practices. I would not roll over and just suck it up. Pack it up and take it back to them in person and ask them to explain along with the emails from Arsenal. On Target should pay for the repair no matter what.

Edited by R1100R

I've been in both his shoes and the shoes of the guy behind the counter. I know #### happens and it's easy to start blaming people.

I would be blaming some one that ignored me sounds like you must work there I have had several guns shipped back to the factory a kimber Thay emailed me the shipping label that day printed it off and away it went had it back in 2weeks a springfield emp40 called them Thay emailed me a shipping label printed it out and away it went had it back in 3weeks, I would say if the store ignores you and nobody gives a d?m with returning his calls back then I would say it is the store that has a problem , all the gun stores I have bought my guns from have all returned my calls with in minutes , when I had a problem and Thay all went out of there way to see what it would take to get the gun problems taken care of .if I wanted to bring the gun back in and Thay would ship it out the next day, what ever I wanted to do. Being Thay where so nice I took it apon my self to ship it. Did not cost me any thing anyway. Thay should have atleast returned his call instead of totally ignoring him, to me that is in no way called customer service .

This.

One possibile course of action I have not heard mentioned would be to try involving your credit card company/bank. Assuming you made the purchase with plastic that is.

You may repeat MAY be able to get them to back you up from the sound of your complaint. Certainly worth a try at the least, even if it IS a long shot.(no pun intended)

Good luck.

And this.

Maybe you could always make another video explaining your ordeal, make it a video response to one of that Nutnfancy dudes video's push your purchase of the Arsenal and they great quality and customer service off on his Arsenal video's and maybe,just maybe he might actually see it and might just give Arsenal a call for you. Now the odds of that working are rather slim I know but he and those guys seem to be pretty close.