On Target Murfreesboro- DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

Going to court costs money. All you will do is spend time and money and the store owner will do what’s right to settle.

I suspect when he gets to talk to the store owner or manager there will be a successful conclusion. However, I can’t understand why there is no one in the store that can make such a minor decision without the approval of the owner or manager. This is 2012; decision makers are always in contact with employees of their stores, no matter where they are.

I'm going to head out to On Target one more time tomorrow and get my money back all together. Going to have this thread and Arsenals emails in hand.

Here's my latest video....the next one will have On Targets name in it. I've ha multiple emails from this video asking me which store it was from.

Going to court costs money. All you will do is spend time and money and the store owner will do what’s right to settle.

I suspect when he gets to talk to the store owner or manager there will be a successful conclusion. However, I can’t understand why there is no one in the store that can make such a minor decision without the approval of the owner or manager. This is 2012; decision makers are always in contact with employees of their stores, no matter where they are.

True, without exception I have always been given my bosses personal number with explicit instructions to call immediately under such circumstances in order to help keep people happy or at the very least help a rapid decision to be made.

IMO these people have no idea how to run a business. I have been looking for a good local shop to give my money to and can guarantee it will not be them if the issue is not resolved. I may not spend a lot, but typically about $200 monthly on ammo, more when I make a firearm purchase obviously.

If a LGS ever sold me such an ineffective weapon, I would make little effort (if any at all) to have them make it right. I'd just take the issue to court. ...

Not unless you're looking at minimum 5 grand in damages, likely 10. Otherwise not worth it.

TN has no free small claims court, you know? Actually, no free court at all, and without a lawyer to go with filing fee, you might get some due process, but not likely an end you'd be happy with.

- OS

I had to take a mechanic to small claims court in Putnam County over roughly $3000. If I'm not mistaken, it was $100 or less out of my pocket. I won, plus the judge ordered the mechanic to pay my costs. Well worth it to me.

General Sessions, I reckon. Glad you had a good experience with it.

Update:

Just left On Target. I told him that I wanted a full refund and showed him the emails. He would not issue me a refund and explained to me that it was a federal thing and that no gun shops issue refunds on firearms.

I told him about my dealings with Arsenal, he said that he would take care of everything and that he was going to call Arsenal today. He told me of Arsenal doesn't want to fix it that he would have his gunsmith fix it himself.

I then again told him that I would just like a refund but he would not do it.

I left the rifle with him and he told me that he would call me in the morning and let me know if he got Arsenal to fix it or not.

I've gotten refunds from gun stores before...the federal thing sounds like BS. I bought a Norinco Uzi many moons ago. I took it back the very next day for a full refund. I was offered a refund from another gun store here recently for a badly malfunctioning Sig. I chose to swap it out with another one they had in stock.

The issue comes into play that it can't be sold as new any longer. Sounds like this one shouldn’t be sold at all unless the factory fixes it.

I've never had good luck @ On Target. Last time I was in there I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any AAC flash hiders. He made some derogatory statement about AAC and how they won't carry their product...all while wearing an AAC t-shirt. He wasn’t amused when I pointed that fact out.

I doubt I shall ever darken their doorstep ever again

Wow, I was always ambivalent towards On-Target (expensive firearms, bad ventilation in the firing range), but this thread has actually made me angry for the OP. You left your rifle there two weeks to get a shipping label that never came? I will go ahead and call them liars.They are putting the screws to you, buddy. Get your money back for that rifle. No paperwork, no factory clip? Almost certainly used sold as new. Don't let them "fix" your brand new gun with their gunsmith.

Edited by SavageSig

Sounds like on-target is off target and want stay in bizz long it does not take mutch effort to jest do the right thing and make it right. Want be long that the target will fall off the wall and become dust in the past and no one will even take the time to go see it any more

Does anybody know the owners name? I would love to talk to him personally and get my money back. The manager kept giving me the run around and was not going to give me my money back. I really just want to patronize another store and not deal with them anymore. I can't really get anywhere with phone calls, and can barely catch the manager there when I call or go into the shop.

File a complant with the BBB and also file a complaint with the tn.consumer affairs that will lite their a?s up and it's free to file tn. Affairs will put the company on the tn. Black list if Thay do not make it right

File a complant with the BBB and also file a complaint with the tn.consumer affairs that will lite their a?s up and it's free to file tn. Affairs will put the company on the tn. Black list if Thay do not make it right

Screw that! Go to the Attorney General. If they are indeed selling used as new then the state should be handling that.

Update:

Manager said he would call Arsenal yesterday and call me this morning. Hadn't heard anything from the manager so I called. He said he had emailed Arsenal this morning and hadn't had a chance to check his email today. He said dude c'mon I haven't even had lunch and it's 2:00....let me go eat my lunch and I'll check my email and call you back.....??

I had enough. I tracked down the owners name and googled his name and found his work number. I contacted him and told him what was happening. He said he was sorry and we would get it squared away. He was going to call his other business partner and then get back to me. I told him that all I wanted was a full refund on the rifle bc Arsenal has told me that they were not going to warranty it. I told him that Sean wasn't going to be too happy with me contacting you. He told me it doesn't matter bc I'm the owner and I'm going to take care of it.

So as of right now I'm waiting to hear back from him or his other business partner. After I talked to the owner Rhe manager called me back. He informed me that he had talked to Arsenal and that they WERE NOT GOING TO HONOR A WARRANTY ON THE RIFLE !!!! He said he would have his gunsmith fix it. I told him to call me before he did any work bc I'm hoping the owner calls him here in a bit.

I'll keep y'all updated. Looks like I'm finally might be getting somewhere with On Target but Arsenal on the other hand is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

I'm still curious why they would sell a 3-year-old rifle as new, especially if it was missing items from the box. Part of the price you paid is for the "extras" that were supposed to came with it. Not having those items could hurt the resale value where some potential buyers are concerned.

Guest TnTnTn

So the owner didn't know any of this was going on ?? That sounds pretty unbelievable but if true that 'manager' would be looking for work somewhere else if I were the owner. At least the owner sounds like he is stepping up to make you whole. Heck all this bad publicity is so much more damaging than just refunding your money and fixing the rifle for an in-house shooter and/or sale as a used rifle. God must like stupid people. TTT

What I can't believe is how crappy Arsenal has been in this deal!

You can produce a receipt proving the gun was bought new only a few months ago. They should be eager to fix something as simple as a canted sight tower. Hell even Century Arms stands behind their product.