On Target Murfreesboro- DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

It doesnt mean that Arsenal doesnt put out good stuff,it simply means their customer service isnt where people would like, I own 4 Arsenals and will continue to buy their products personally as long as they make quality firearms that I love.

They released a weapon with an obvious bad sight. How is that quality?

In their defense it wasn't so obvious. Nobody caught it till Taylor shot it. I had a Red Jacket do some work on a front end of a Saiga once and it was equally as bad. Couldn't tell till you shot it. However, Red Jacket quickly fixed it. That can happen but they should have fixed it and/or their gunsmith should have taken it to his bench and then brought it back out 30 min. later ... fixed.

In their defense it wasn't so obvious. Nobody caught it till Taylor shot it. I had a Red Jacket do some work on a front end of a Saiga once and it was equally as bad. Couldn't tell till you shot it. However, Red Jacket quickly fixed it. That can happen but they should have fixed it and/or their gunsmith should have taken it to his bench and then brought it back out 30 min. later ... fixed.

I would think that test-firing would have been obvious. There was supposed to be a test target, right?

They are machines made by man,there is not a firearms maker that isnt going to release a dud every now and again, it wasnt long ago that I purchased a $2,300 Bushmaster ACR went to shoot it and immediately had to send it back to the factory for repairs. I have 4 Arsenals and they have always performed above and beyond what I expected them to. It does suck knowing their customer service isnt up to par,Ive always been told to stay away from HK as well due to their customer service but I buy their products just the same, and I have never personally had a problem with HK or Arsenal.

Edited by ~48_South~

They are machines made by man,there is not a firearms maker that isnt going to release a dud every now and again, it wasn't long ago that I purchased a $2,300 Bushmaster ACR went to shoot it and immediately had to send it back to the factory for repairs. I have 4 Arsenals and they have always performed above and beyond what I expected them to. It does suck knowing their customer service isnt up to par,Ive always been told to stay away from HK as well due to their customer service but I buy their products just the same, and I have never personally had a problem with HK or Arsenal.

Agreed. On Target is who owns this thing. Arsenal should have taken care of it but being that old I can see why they would state that position, especially if they are thinking it was previously owned. Arsenal has always produced top of the line guns. It is unreasonable to think they wouldn't ever get one out without an issue. After all they do have a warranty department and evidently they don't have much experience with those matters. ;)

On Target could have cleared all that up and gotten it taken care of from start to finish with Arsenal, if in fact it was a first time sell. If it was a previously owned gun they should have also taken care of that and made it right. This is On Targets debacle.

Edited by Smith
He said there wasn't one in it. I haven't seen him give a response as to what anyone said when he asked them about it. I also haven't seen what Arsenal said about not honoring their own warranty.

After I found out they were suppose I have one I asked the manager about it and he goes man I dunno where it is? I can go dig in the back and look for it? I said yea please do. I haven't talked to him since I dropped my rifle back off....

Pretty sure you got sold a used gun as new. I would start filing complaints as stated earlier in this thread. Shame that this thread hasn't reached the management of the establishment; I have relatives that live and apparently shop or at least did shop there... Would like to hear something from their side.

Pretty sure you got sold a used gun as new. I would start filing complaints as stated earlier in this thread. Shame that this thread hasn't reached the management of the establishment; I have relatives that live and apparently shop or at least did shop there... Would like to hear something from their side.

Haha no use....I've talked to the owner of the store twice on the phone with no change? Apparently he doesn't pride in customer service or care about his business!!?? Last phone call turned into me basically yelling at him. I also told him he might want to look up this website and thread. I have also emailed this thread and all my YouTube review videos to Arsenal. Neither have responded?

If you really are sure that On Target is truly responsible and can substantiate it (and please understand, I'm not suggesting they aren't or that you can't) then I'd be filing a formal complaint with the BBB and I's also file a complaint with the state AG - you may get some resolution or at the very least warn others about what happened to you.

Even if On Target has done absolutely nothing wrong they still ought to make this right for you just because that's what an upstanding business does (if they want to stay in business).

If you really are sure that On Target is truly responsible and can substantiate it (and please understand, I'm not suggesting they aren't or that you can't) then I'd be filing a formal complaint with the BBB and I's also file a complaint with the state AG - you may get some resolution or at the very least warn others about what happened to you.

Even if On Target has done absolutely nothing wrong they still ought to make this right for you just because that's what an upstanding business does (if they want to stay in business).

I don't know how I can prove if the gun was used or not? I looked the gun over on two separate days before purchasing. It appeared to be new to me.

I don't know what to say about On Target other than they really don't seem to care about keeping my business or anyone else's?

Arsenal: they also seem that they dont wish to have any more of my business, anyone on here's business, or any of my YouTube subscribers?

I mean can I file a complaint for ####ty customer service for On Target or Arsenal? I figured posting this thread and my four YouTube videos which have grossed well over a couple thousand views would do it. They have all had numerous comments thanking me for exposing the troubles I have had with Arsenal. I have also had messages asking me which gun store sold me the rifle do that they make sure to stay away.

Latest Update: On Target told me

They sent my rifle into Arsenal and that On Target was going to pay for repairs. I asked them well what happens when I get it back and still don't have a warranty? They said sorry....!!?? Basically I bought a "New in Box" gun over two months ago and have had it in my possession for 1 week, and when I get it back it won't have a warranty.

TLRMADE, Good to see at least On Target is making it right after all the trouble they put you through. Hopefully Arsenal will repair it right so you can get on with enjoying the rifle. I have an SGL107-20 and it is solid. I'm curious if you ever determined what the problem was? Canted sight etc..

Looks like it has to be one of two things.

Arsenal isn't honoring their written warranty. Is that not a written contract or at least an implied contract. If this is the case it looks as if you have some legal recourse here.

OR:

On Target sold you a used gun as new. I would think you had legal recourse here too.

I'm leaning toward you bought a used gun. I think the gun may have been in the rental rotation, making it previously owned. Arsenal seems so nonchalant about the gun being out of warranty. It's like they know something you don't but don't know that you don't know. If that makes sense. Even On Target's reaction is weird to me. I would think they'd turn over a desk, throw a few things and be like WTF? Arsenal. Honor your warranty! But it's like they want to pay for the repairs, shut you up and hope you go away.

On Target's silence and reluctance to fight for this is mucho voluminous to me.

Brad

On Target's silence and reluctance to fight for this is mucho voluminous to me.

Brad

This is the part that I wonder about. With all the comments, both pro and con, about On Target, both here and on utube, why hasn't someone representing the store come forward and commented?

This kind of situation can make or break a business reputation. The opportunity to come forward and clear this up publically is the kind of event that many stores would welcome. The opportunity to make a customer problem disappear, and get tons of positive commentary for doing so is virtually priceless.

Is their bussiness so well entrenched that the potential loss of goodwill, and the negative public perception being displayed on the web on pretty well-know forum of no consequence to them?

What's the potential number of people reached thru those who visit here and relate this to others? I don't have the ability to predict the numbers, but I would believe it could be staggering.

This forum garners statewide views at the least, and as we see, occasionally from surrounding states as well. That's a pretty fair number of people reached.

Sure, probably not many of them would drive more than 75-100 miles to visit a gun shop, but word of mouth and negative stories get passed around pretty well; far more so than positive srories usually do.

It just seems strange to me that it's gone on this long without an "official" comment from On Target.

Just my opinion.

Im in the market for a gun right now and i havent even thought about visiting then even to check on prices. Not out of spite, rather out of fear. Especially since i dont know the first thing about bolt actions. Maybe if enough people bitch at me about supporting local business I might make a visit.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

Guest 556or762

I just dont know where to begin here, I have been going to On Target since it opened then re-opened after the fire, I have tried to help their business by doing benefit shoots to bring people in the door asked about getting the turkey shoots back going and purchased thousands and thousands of dollars of merchandise there. I can say this you are not the only one that has issues dealing with On Target, I have purchased class 3 items there and had my paperwork sit there for 3 months waiting on LEO sign off only to find out it was never sent to the Sheriffs office, I have tried to order things from them only to find out months later they were never ordered, I have tried to get shoots started there and I got exactly 0 help, my friend and her sister both called numerous times and went to the store numerous times about fund raisers only to get the run around and 0 help over a period of several months. I hate to say it since it is the only indoor range close and one of the few gun stores close but you are pissing in the wind trying to get help there unless you are in the circle of friends that are there during the week. I again hate to say it, I used to get great service there and you still can in the evenings and on weekends but they cant do anything about warranty issues at those times, basically if they dont have it in stock and you dont physically see it ordered its a crap shoot. I do hope it changes for the better soon I know these issues have run several people off and if another range opened close their business would suffer greatly because of it, I think right now they are making money because they are convenient not because of the service.

Guest 556or762

Im in the market for a gun right now and i havent even thought about visiting then even to check on prices. Not out of spite, rather out of fear. Especially since i dont know the first thing about bolt actions. Maybe if enough people bitch at me about supporting local business I might make a visit.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

I am all for supporting local business but their time is short unless something changes, go in the evenings or on the weekend and talk to Matt or Thomas you will not be disappointed, other than that the Outpost keeps a lot of bolt guns in stock and you get personal help, find Monty or Chuck if they are available.

Just got a call from On Target. The "New Manager" informed me that Shawn the other manager I was dealing with was no longer with them and that my rifle is ready to be picked up.

Dunno if the change in management has anything to do with my rifle or this thread.....I doubt it.

I will let y'all know how my rifle is and how everything goes when I go pick it up.

• Like 1

Just got a call from On Target. The "New Manager" informed me that Shawn the other manager I was dealing with was no longer with them and that my rifle is ready to be picked up.

Dunno if the change in management has anything to do with my rifle or this thread.....I doubt it.

I will let y'all know how my rifle is and how everything goes when I go pick it up.

It was exactly what needed to happen. The crappy manager is gone, and you got your gun fixed. Hopefully, it wasn't an accident.

• Like 1
Guest 556or762

I was wondering if I would make it back to my computer before the word got out, yes On Target is under new management and yes hopefully the old issues will be solved.

Guest motonut

Not unless you're looking at minimum 5 grand in damages, likely 10. Otherwise not worth it.

TN has no free small claims court, you know? Actually, no free court at all, and without a lawyer to go with filing fee, you might get some due process, but not likely an end you'd be happy with.

- OS

Haven't made it through the entire thread yet so maybe this was addressed already...

TN Small Claims are anything under $5,000. It cost me ~$125 to file my claim about 4 yrs. ago against a custom cabinet maker that took my 50% deposit but failed to build my cabinets. You don't need a lawyer, in fact I don't believe one (a lawyer) is even allowed to speak during the proceedings in court. If you have a sound case it is definately an option for you, I would suspect just the letter stating you were taking them to court would get a resolution for you.

One tip from my experience, emails won't be looked at (I suspect because they can be edited) but send the letter informing the gun store of the issues/ your intentions via Certified Mail and have that post office receipt with you for the judge, he wanted to see mine and I had it for him.

The cabinet maker tried to settle before we went before the judge but I told him it was too late, I wanted the judge's order in my hand because I didn't trust him to live up to his promises.

Judge gave me everything I asked for BTW.

TLR, a few questions.

Was that one big group or several smaller ones?

Bench or free hand?

Before or after repairs?

If the answers are big, bench, and after I would be furious right about now in your shoes.

The 15 yard one was one grouping. The 25 yard was some rapid fire also. The 15yd was all free hand. 25yd was some free hand and some bench. These were from yesterday after I picked my rifle up from being repaired.

Also the front sight is definitely a new sight. The rear sight also looks brand new.

Edited by TLRMADE