On Target Murfreesboro- DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

So I just noticed this.....

This is the repair sheet from Arsenal:

It says my rifle is a SGL20?

637face0-1f5d-d8c1.jpg

I bought my rifle from On Target as a SGL21. When I went in there I told them I wanted a SGL 21 and they handed me "one". I just looked at my receipt and it doesn't say anything about the model number just Arsenal Rifle.

Does it have the accessory lug on the gas block behind the bayonet lug? If it does, sgl21. If not, sgl20.

Really doesn't matter if it's there or not. It's sole purpose is to mount the russian grenade launcher, which you cannot buy.

Mike

Edited by Mike
Does it have the accessory lug on the gas block behind the bayonet lug? If it does, sgl21. If not, sgl20.

Really doesn't matter if it's there or not. It's sole purpose is to mount the russian grenade launcher, which you cannot buy.

Mike

No big deal I guess......I look when I get home

The 15 yard one was one grouping. The 25 yard was some rapid fire also. The 15yd was all free hand. 25yd was some free hand and some bench. These were from yesterday after I picked my rifle up from being repaired.

Also the front sight is definitely a new sight. The rear sight also looks brand new.

I could live with that. Actually not bad at all for rapid fire IMO.

I had this mental image of someone sitting at the bench with a spotting scope and all. Glad this worked out for you.

I've been thinking about it. Do I need the single or double hook one?

Just get a single hook. The second hook is needlessly redundant and doesn't do anything. Plus, your receiver is more than likely a single hook.

I've been thinking about it. Do I need the single or double hook one?

All of mine run single hooks, you wouldnt believe the difference they make, trigger pull is probably 3.5 to 4lbs with them, feels about like my Timney in my AR but the G2 has a tiny bit of pre travel.

Latest Update:

Looks like Arsenal got my rifle fixed. They said they fixed a canted front sight. The entire front sight post is definitely new and the rear one also seems to be new.

On Target finally took care of everything, and I set foot for the last time in their store.

After all the hub bub, just knock out the 2 pins holding the front sigth block on, use dead blow mallet to knock the front sight tower to top dead center and re-install pins. That is what Arsenal is going to do. That is what any AK "fix it" shop is going to do. Seen it happen with my own eyes.

You will be surprised at the little amount of movement will do to your point of impact. Just don't hit the front sight ears. Hit it near the base of the tower.

After all the hub bub, just knock out the 2 pins holding the front sigth block on, use dead blow mallet to knock the front sight tower to top dead center and re-install pins. That is what Arsenal is going to do. That is what any AK "fix it" shop is going to do. Seen it happen with my own eyes.

You will be surprised at the little amount of movement will do to your point of impact. Just don't hit the front sight ears. Hit it near the base of the tower.

Please don't do this. This is the proper repair method for a canted sight.

http://youtu.be/O9X9VQgaUVg

Arsenal fixed it already. That was their diagnosis....,,,

Send your rifle to Jim Fuller to get fixed. You will get it back with a much lighter wallet and WEEKS later.

If I wanted a true beauty queen AK, I would send it to Jim Fuller to have it built, he does fantastic work. Seen some Krinks done by him. They are really nice.

But to fix a canted sight on a rattle battle? Whack that damn sight tower and call it done, and knock the pins back in. Re-zero and drive on.

I admire the attention to detail, but these aren't precision rifles and that's overkill. There are villages in Afghanistan where 8yr-old kids assemble these damn things.

Hows that differnet from the overkilled AR's being assembled by the equivalent of 8 yr olds in nearly ever city in America? ;)

Edited by Smith

Not to be a jerk, but it was fine for this thread to run 10 pages when you were trashing On Target and Arsenal...

If you didn't want it to run "10 pages" then it shouldve been locked or cleaned up?

People keep telling me where to take my rifle so I figured I'd make it clear that it has been fixed once again.

Edited by TLRMADE
  • Like 2