M&P in the Avenger's Movie

dbla

Just got back from seeing the Avenger's movie with my wife and I noticed that Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson's character) is packing a Smith and Wesson M&P everyone else is of course carrying Glawks... but it's nice to see some other guns getting some serious screen time. Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) is also packing a pair of G26's....

Just thought it was cool.

the funny thing about samuel L jackson is he is a HUGE anti gunner

Pretty sure he is NOT an anit. I have seen previous quotes from him about owning firearms and here are some recent quotes concerning the Zimmerman case

http://kgmi.com/Samu...ership/12943722

I dont mind people having guns, I grew up with guns in Tennessee."

Asked if he still owns a firearm, Jackson replies, "Hell yeah. I'm not going to be the one without the gun when the people who have guns show up."

If you are talking about his PSA he had a Public Service Announcement commercial called "Put Down The Gun". the video is clearly aimed at young people and gun violence. Working to stop gang/gun violence does not make one anti 2A

He is not outspoken for our rights, but he is not an Anti. He seems to be your average middle ground guy, but in no way is he a HUGE anti gunner

Edited by Tennjed
  • Like 3

Pretty sure he is NOT an anit. I have seen previous quotes from him about owning firearms and here are some recent quotes concerning the Zimmerman case

http://kgmi.com/Samu...ership/12943722

If you are talking about his PSA he had a Public Service Announcement commercial called "Put Down The Gun". the video is clearly aimed at young people and gun violence. Working to stop gang/gun violence does not make one anti 2A

He is not outspoken for our rights, but he is not an Anti. He seems to be your average middle ground guy, but in no way is he a HUGE anti gunner

Thank you for the reality check. I'm sick of the whole, "If you're not actively with us, you must be actively against us" mentality.

Guest Victor9er

I noticed that there was a lot of Glocks used in that movie, so much so that I was surprised when Samuel Jackson pulled out an M&P instead! lol

Glock got a lot of their mystic by product placement. ;)

The first Glock used in a movie was in 1989 in the movie Johnny Handsome. By then Glock had already established it's reputation among US law enforcement and even civilians.

The next movie to feature a Glock was in 1990 in Die Hard 2 as the fictional "Glock 7" which didn't exist and was made out of "ceramic." That was a decision made by the writers, despite being told otherwise by the consultants at the time. I believe even Bruce Willis argued the point but the writers insisted on keeping that horrific dialog. I think that movie probably led to the "mystique" of Glocks more than anything else.

Edited by Victor9er