Mount Photos

I thought I would share these photos with you.

First, I just need to let you know that the "Hunting" of Rattlesnakes is not permitted in the state of Tennessee. This Timber Rattlesnake was caught in the act of eating one of my banty hens. He took her right off her nest.

With the spring hunting seasons here, these and many other snakes are on the prowl. Right now, Copperheads and Cottonmouths are out in abundance! BE CAREFUL!

He was 73 inches in length, 11 inches around and had 10 rattles.

Here is a picture of him the day he met my .22 pistol, and after he was finished by the best Taxidermist I know (me).

NOTE: The Banty Hen nor the Snake survived this encounter.

snake001.jpg

mountedsnake001.jpg

mountedsnake002.jpg

Edited by wd-40

snakes, really?...this is so NOT what I was expecting to see :D

Seriously though, nice snake. My dad earned his CB handle on Nat'l Guard duty by killing an 8' rattler with an entrenching tool. That same trip he won a CB radio in a raffle. He was known as Snake Man after that.

Edited by BigK
Guest adamoxtwo

Yes. Remember my chicken pen? Right there.

That's crazy I have heard of Rattler's in the area but never had an encounter.

Nice work wd-40! The snake looks like it's still alive. I really like the 300# boar too.

I used to watch a TV show about a taxidermist in Alaska. Seemed like interesting work.

Dumb question, sorry, ever been asked to do someone's pet? Seems creepy, but to each his own.

Dave, I gotta' admit - if any other former mountain man/buckskinner but you had started talking about "mounting" wild critters I would have hitched my britches up tight, got a firm hold on my Green River and started wonderin' if I could out run 'em in my canoe or if it was better to just swim for it... :unsure:

But those are some absolutely gorgeous mounts! BRAVO! :up:

A couple fish photos....

My Pride and Joy!

Largemouth001.jpg

9 pound LMB

I mounted this Smallmouth for my Fire Chief.

6lbsmallmouth001.jpg

6 1/2 pounds

An 8 pound LMB

8PoundLMB001.jpg

The glare on this Rainbow Trout makes his fin look white and the rest of the fish hard to see from being too glossy. I went to a new gloss coat and it makes for a horrible picture. His fins are actualy clear.

Rainbow001-1.jpg

Caught on Fort Campbell and mounted for a friend.

Edited by wd-40

Dumb question, sorry, ever been asked to do someone's pet? Seems creepy, but to each his own.

I was asked alot when I ran my shop. Pets and somebody's old lady are two things I refused to mount! I had the opportunity to talk with Dale Earnhart's (of NASCAR fame) Taxidermist, and he told me that mounting someone's pet was profesional suicide! That client would never be happy, and your reputation would be destroyed!

The only pet I ever did mount was a "Hedgehog". PERIOD!

Edited by wd-40

Dave, I gotta' admit - if any other former mountain man/buckskinner but you had started talking about "mounting" wild critters I would have hitched my britches up tight, got a firm hold on my Green River and started wonderin' if I could out run 'em in my canoe or if it was better to just swim for it... :unsure:

But those are some absolutely gorgeous mounts! BRAVO! :up:

Thank you!

Speaking of britches...

Edited by wd-40

This 175 pound Feral Hog was mounted for a client in Green County Tennessee. This hog tore up 2 dogs before they could bring him down

with bow.

boar001.jpg

A coyote mount...

coyote001.jpg

This little Fawn and his momma was killed by a car near my house. He is the tiniest fawn I have ever seen. He stood about 12 inches tall and maybe weighed about 2 pounds.

MyFawn001.jpg

OK, that's all for now. Gotta a fishfry to tend to!

Good day, and thanks for looking!

Dave

Guest adamoxtwo

Let me know a good day and I'll stop by. I really would like to finish this guy up. Got a spot on the wall that looks a little empty

WD won't tell it, but he became famous in certain circles for the life like taxidermy he does with sheep.

Sorry, you know me, I couldn't resist.

You do nice work. Maybe I will kill something worth mounting one day.