The Dave Ramsey show

Guest Shay VanVlymen

Guest Shay VanVlymen

I started listening to his radio program on finance and money matters on my frequent commutes through Nashville. He has some interesting ideas on saving and spending and I like the fact that he abhors debt (likens it to slavery) and believes in living far below your means.

Anyone else listen regularly?

http://www.daveramsey.com/

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I can't stand him. I agree with many of the things he has to say, but just can't stand listening to his show and feel that his "beat you over the head" approach to financial matters is a huge turn off.

:rolleyes:

I'll tell you who pisses me off regularly, on 99.7... is Kevin Miller (morning)... His position on most things isn't usually what I disagree with, it's the way he presents himself and interacts with his guests.

He is an equestrian's rump.

• Administrator
I'll tell you who pisses me off regularly, on 99.7... is Kevin Miller (morning)... His position on most things isn't usually what I disagree with, it's the way he presents himself and interacts with his guests.

He is an equestrian's rump.

Yeah, I miss Steve Gill and really miss Darrell Ankarlo [sp?]. Kevin Miller is a complete dweeb and does far more damage than good to the image of the conservative right.

Guest Shane

I listen to him often and have attended a live event with his "Platinum VIP seating" where you eat lunch with him. I enjoy listening to him.

Guest drewi

I used to listen to Dave a lot.

He got me started down the right path. If I hadn't listened to his show I would probably have a lot of credit card debt, a car payment, and no house.

I listened to it until I could predict what he was going to say.. Like he says, "Common sense for your dollars and sense" so once you have the principles down, it gets very repetitive to keep listening.

I still turn it on every now and then but not for very long.

I listen to it when nothing else s on the radio.

I do listen to G. Gordon and Phil though. I'm not too big a fan of Kevin Miller, but I think he's better than Steve Gill.

My morning show is gone now. I used to listen to Glenn Beck on 1510am, then they replaced him with Steve Gill. Glenn was much funnier and informative.

Guest Archimedes

I like Dave.

I have two(all?) of his books. One I got autographed @ Wally World here in Cookeville a few years ago.

I also listen to Phil and G Gordon and sometimes Miller....I'm usually busy at that time of the morning.

~Archi

Guest drewi
I listened to it until I could predict what he was going to say.. Like he says, "Common sense for your dollars and sense" so once you have the principles down, it gets very repetitive to keep listening.

I still turn it on every now and then but not for very long.

Normally it would get old to listen to the same thing over and over. But for me, that's what drives the point home and really makes me stick to the program.

I used to listen to Dave but after a while you can predict what he is going to say. I called wwtn told them they needed to get Steve back and put Phil back on 9-1. Now I listen to 1510 when I can pick it up, until Phil comes on.

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to Dave, read his books, and volunteered at his events here in Memphis (just so I could see the show for FREE)

Yes, it does get repetitive, but that's what makes it stick. Yes, he does sound like a broken record sometimes "sell the car", "sell the car", "sell the car". But all in all I do like listening to him.

I especially like the "But Dave..." segments he does once in a while.

Guest Boomhower

My wife and I are actually going thru his FPU class since the beginning of March, but we've been on the program since Jan. 1...(I borrowed thd cd's from someone else). I've never listened to him on the radio though. I can never remember. Since Jan. we've paid of thousands of dollars in debt, and saved about half as much. Still have a little ways to go, and it's hard to give up everything, so we've adapted his system into ours so it's not so hard on us.

Guest Jason F.

Great ideas, good thinking, good message but a repetitive message. Like others have said I listened to him for a time but once you have listened to his show for a few weeks you have heard it all. I do applaud him for doing what he does and am amazed he has been able to stay on the air so many years despite the fact that he has had absolutely no new material since he started. I guess that is proof of the validity of his plan/ideas.

Guest db99wj

Most debt is bad. I don't listen to him, I have in the past, probably need to a little more. I don't live above my means, but I have always been like that.