Zimmerman Trial Updates - Ongoing

So; these folks were either lying then or are lying now, correct? Either way, they seem to be, shall I ay, unfamiliar with the truth and can't be trusted.

Fox news also "suggested" that intimidation might be a factor here.

Their lives and future could depend on their testimony.

I'm not saying thats right but think about the black panthers and all the blacks that don't want justice

They just want revenge at any cost

Guest 6.8 AR

"The case should be decided based on the facts and the law, not on how we personally feel about George Zimmerman or his behavior."

"

Did George Zimmerman reasonably fear being killed or seriously injured?

That is the most relevant question, and the answer weighs on the side that he did. The evidence suggests that it was George Zimmerman who was pinned to the ground and unable to defend himself. He was being beaten mercilessly and had no idea when help would arrive or if his attacker would stop. Even if George Zimmerman had attacked Trayvon Martin first (which is extremely unlikely given the physical evidence), Trayvon was not entitled to pin him to the ground and beat him. The lethal gunshot was fired from less than eighteen inches away, disproving any speculation that he had managed to wriggle free before shooting Trayvon from a safe distance.

Thus, as Alan Dershowitz has recently argued, a legitimate argument could be made that, under the law, George Zimmerman has enough evidence to support his claim of self-defense."

Only the media can turn this into the opposite by ignoring the evidence. I doubt a court will disagree with it.

The state prosecutor, Angela Corey, "family" attorney Crump, and maybe others should be the ones being

charged, with fraud, tampering with evidence and ethics, to think of a few things. The state of Florida is

mocking their own judicial system. And I don't have to mention Jackson and Sharpton, do I?

Since the blacks want an excuse to riot, the rest of society should riot if this farce is allowed to continue.

Do the blacks want a reason to riot? I’m sure some do. I’m also sure Jesse and Al need a reason for a payday.

But is this about race? I think the only reason race is a factor in this is that the black community was appalled at the fact that an innocent kid walking down the street could be murdered and his killer was not charged, even though the cops wanted to charge him. A DA decided not to even have him stand trial.

A jury will decide if what happened was right. Anything less will be unacceptable to many blacks and whites alike.

I carry a gun to protect myself from criminals that may attack me. Not so I can engage in a reckless confrontation and then kill someone because I get scared in a situation I created.

• Like 2

Do the blacks want a reason to riot? I’m sure some do. I’m also sure Jesse and Al need a reason for a payday.

But is this about race? I think the only reason race is a factor in this is that the black community was appalled at the fact that an innocent kid walking down the street could be murdered and his killer was not charged, even though the cops wanted to charge him. A DA decided not to even have him stand trial.

A jury will decide if what happened was right. Anything less will be unacceptable to many blacks and whites alike.

I carry a gun to protect myself from criminals that may attack me. Not so I can engage in a reckless confrontation and then kill someone because I get scared in a situation I created.

NO confrontation short of an outright PHYSICAL assault justifies bashing someone's head on the concrete. Most folks' heads aren't hard enough to take that without endangering their lives. Based on the medical evidence, it wasn't a fight... it was an attack. Why do you think getting into someone's "space" justifies attempted murder?

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

If only actions after the point in time that the fight started, are allowed into deliberation, then Z has a good chance of "not guilty" verdict. I don't know anything about law, just a wild guess.

If the prosecution can make a rational case that Z's actions BEFORE THE FIGHT STARTED were criminal, then that will be another kettle of fish. I don't know if they can make such case or whether such "crime" would be a different charge than murder. Just sayin, if the prosecution wants to "win" it sounds like they need to convict him of "criminal actions" before the first punch was thrown?

I absolutely agree! (with the factual statements in black text)

I disagree with the opinion statements in blue text.

And the one line should read -

"I think the only reason race is a factor in this is that the black community was appalled" by the race-bating incendiary chest beating of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, and the unethical editing of audio by NBC to misconstrue perception and twist facts and form opinion and instigate emotions based on knowingly false information.

"I think the only reason race is a factor in this is that the black community was appalled" by the race-bating incendiary chest beating of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, and the unethical editing of audio by NBC to misconstrue perception and twist facts and form opinion and instigate emotions based on knowingly false information.

Let's don't leave out Crump, and all the commentary from every gun hating libtard blowhard in the country.

Just a tid bit, I was looking through Florida’s statute on self defense because of something I saw about Zimmerman losing his Civil protection if there is a trial.

Even if Zimmerman did start the fight and was getting his butt whipped self defense comes into play if Martin took it to the point that Zimmerman then feared for his life and was trying to escape but can’t. This is in 776.041 Use of force by aggressor in 2011 Florida Statutes. Just a thought.

Joe W.

The laws are written so you can't just stage a murder. Until the prosecution shows something that contradicts what's out there now, zimmeman didn't set out to kill anybody. He was digging his way out of a really tight spot, and one that most folks couldn't predict.

There is a point in which smacking someone's head against the ground isn't self defense. If Martin were just trying to get off the "x," there was no need to start head smashing. Knocking him down and then leaving would have been self defense, but once you're on top beating someone it's not.

• Like 1

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/05/24/narrative-fail-zimmerman-accused-sanford-police-of-corruption-for-covering-up-beating-of-black-homeless-man-by-son-of-white-cop/

George Zimmerman accused the Sanford police department of corruption more than a year before he shot Trayvon Martin, saying at a public forum the agency covered up the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white officer.

“I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white,†Zimmerman said during a 90-second statement to city commissioners at a community forum. “It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those who are in the thin blue line.â€

The forum took place on Jan. 8, 2011, days after a video of the beating went viral on the Internet and then-Sanford Police Chief Brian Tooley was forced to retire. Tooley’s department faced criticism for dragging its feet in arresting Justin Collison, the son of a police lieutenant.

“I’d like to know what action the commission is taking in order to repeal Mr. Tooley’s pension,†Zimmerman said to the commission. “I’m not asking you to repeal his pension; I believe he’s already forfeited his pension by his illegal cover-up in corruption in what happened in his department.â€

Zimmerman’s public comments could be important because the Martin family and supporters contend the neighborhood watch volunteer singled Martin out because he was black. Zimmerman has a Peruvian mother and a white father. His supporters have said he is not racist.

If only actions after the point in time that the fight started, are allowed into deliberation, then Z has a good chance of "not guilty" verdict. I don't know anything about law, just a wild guess.

If the prosecution can make a rational case that Z's actions BEFORE THE FIGHT STARTED were criminal, then that will be another kettle of fish. I don't know if they can make such case or whether such "crime" would be a different charge than murder. Just sayin, if the prosecution wants to "win" it sounds like they need to convict him of "criminal actions" before the first punch was thrown?

This is the point right there. Zimmerman's lawyer will have no problem convincing a jury that Zimmerman was in fear of his life or that a reasonable person would be in fear of his/her life in such a situation.

That is not/will not be the argument in the courtroom. If it was the trial would last a day and deliberation would take 10 minutes. Obviously there is more to this, otherwise this will be the biggest embarrassment in courtroom history and Zimmerman and his lawyers are going to be richer than anyone we know. I'm not betting on that horse, there is more to it.