Zimmerman Trial Updates - Ongoing

"Martin's autopsy indicated that medical examiners found THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, when they tested Martin's blood and urine. The amount described in the autopsy report is such a low level that it would have played no role in Martin's behavior, said Larry Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York."

Hippy lettuce doesn't make anyone violent or more prone to violent behavior. All it shows is that he wasn't the innocent little boy some have attempted to portray.

True, none of are. But, from everything that we have heard Martin was minding his own business until zimmerman injected himself into the last few minutes of Martins life. That is the big issue that I have with this situation.

After having a lot of time to think about this issue and stepping back from that other thread I have decided that had I been on the ground in zimmermans position I would have also shot Martin simply based on my current age and level of fitness.

However, I will maintain that Zimmerman is still liable because he started the ball rolling.

• Like 1

True, none of are. But, from everything that we have heard Martin was minding his own business until zimmerman injected himself into the last few minutes of Martins life. That is the big issue that I have with this situation.

After having a lot of time to think about this issue and stepping back from that other thread I have decided that had I been on the ground in zimmermans position I would have also shot Martin simply based on my current age and level of fitness.

However, I will maintain that Zimmerman is still liable because he started the ball rolling.

IF he started the ball rolling.

I don't think there's any doubt that Martin would likely be alive today had Zimmerman not followed him through the neighborhood. With that being said, Zimmerman was not breaking any laws in doing so, certainly none which would be grounds for a second-degree murder conviction.

Had the special prosecutor listened to the original investigator and chraged Zimmerman with manslaughter, he would likely be found guilty. No such luck with second-degree murder.

Had the special prosecutor listened to the original investigator and chraged Zimmerman with manslaughter, he would likely be found guilty. No such luck with second-degree murder.

But... it doesn't matter. The projected timing, if it goes to a full trial, will most likely put the verdict after what's-her-name is already reelected. Me thinks she did it for political reasons. Either that, or they're sitting on smoking gun evidence. I'm betting pure politics.

Guest 6.8 AR

"He started the ball rolling". I'm glad someone knows

that. I sure didn't. I guess there is no justification in

trying to protect your neighborhood. Everyone, put

down your weapons. The next time some poor kid

breaks in your house or smashes your car glass in,

you are probably a racist bigot if you try to stop him.

Poor kid. The only thing poor may be the situation his

parents helped put him in, not all of society.

Eventually, you will take the right pill and realize

there may be something else going on than

Martin was just a victim because he was a kid.

He was the problem that people like Zimmerman

was trying to stop, if you listen to the 911 tapes,

again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"He started the ball rolling". I'm glad someone knows

that. I sure didn't. I guess there is no justification in

trying to protect your neighborhood. Everyone, put

down your weapons. The next time some poor kid

breaks in your house or smashes your car glass in,

you are probably a racist bigot if you try to stop him.

Poor kid. The only thing poor may be the situation his

parents helped put him in, not all of society.

Eventually, you will take the right pill and realize

there may be something else going on than

Martin was just a victim because he was a kid.

He was the problem that people like Zimmerman

was trying to stop, if you listen to the 911 tapes,

again.

I did not say any of that. Those are your words. If Martin did any of the things that you mentioned and he wasn't on Zs property Z still should have called the cops and waited. If you are a racist bigot thats your issue not mine. Martin should not have beat Zs ass,but if Z had minded his own business this would not have started. I don't know what kind of neighborhood some of you live in where a black kid walking down the street is automatically a suspect.

I don't care if Z walks because it won't change a thing, but if he goes to jail maybe it will slow some of you cowboys down a little.

I sure could have used you hardened killers in some of my old units, but you probably wouldn't want to fight against someone who fights back.

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1

J don't care if Z walks because it won't change a thing, but if hs goes to jail maybe it will slow some if you cowboys down a little.

I sure could have used some of you hardened killers in some of my old units, but you probably wouldn't want to fight against who fights back.

Lighten up, Francis :pleased:

• Like 2

As far as I know, you either have THC in your system or you do not. In other words, it is difficult to establish how much would be required to be high. However, the levels establish that Trayvon did in fact smoke weed and it could affect his behavior, in so far as he might have been acting strangely. If you watch the video from the 7-11, Martin appears to take a very long time to pay for his purchases and appears to be weaving back and forth at the counter.

And, of course, what does a person who had THC in them want? Sugar. Skittles, tater chips, carbs or pure sugar, capt'n crunch, the sterotypical stuff. Why? THC sucks the sugar out of the blood and that is the root cause of the "high". The story of what really happened that day is starting to come clear.

Kid is off from school, suspended (??) for (??? possibly drug related ????) reasons. Kid, having learned nothing, rolls a fatty and burns it on down. This leads to an epic case of the munchies, but hey, there is a store just up the street....

Arrest does not equal conviction (why not point out Zimmerman's arrest for assaulting a police officer?).

Exactly. Why focus on one person's character and not the other? Martin was never convicted of drug possession. Besides, the majority of 17 year olds have used marijuana before. It hardly makes someone deserving of being shot over. I'd bet that neighborhood watch captain has smoked weed before too.

Either way it isn't the point. What I can't wrap my head around is why so many here are fine with judging the character of the dead guy but are so quick to defend the not dead guy. It doesn't add up. I would gladly support someone who defended themselves, but there is a logical reason why I think Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter. If it was more logical to believe that Martin instigated this whole thing then that's the way I would lean, but it isn't logical.

Exactly. Why focus on one person's character and not the other? Martin was never convicted of drug possession. Besides, the majority of 17 year olds have used marijuana before. It hardly makes someone deserving of being shot over. I'd bet that neighborhood watch captain has smoked weed before too.

Either way it isn't the point. What I can't wrap my head around is why so many here are fine with judging the character of the dead guy but are so quick to defend the not dead guy. It doesn't add up. I would gladly support someone who defended themselves, but there is a logical reason why I think Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter. If it was more logical to believe that Martin instigated this whole thing then that's the way I would lean, but it isn't logical.

Why would folks on this board root for the permit holder? Uh, I don't know. I'm still not calling the case one way or the other. Has there been a metric ton of BS from the Martin side of this? Absolutely.

When all this finally gets resolved, there's gonna be some face palming.

I agree with you. But GZ is not charged with manslaughter, he is charged with murder 2. I think getting out of his car and getting near the suspect was dumb on many levels. I would be a lot more neutral if the charges WERE manslaughter. I do not think GZ is an angel nor can I defend his actions (because they make no logical sense). But I do have an axe to grind with the president, media, race baiters, and more with their BS, from the kid picture of TM to forcing GZ into hiding with death threats. GZ's life has already been examined in the press and dragged thru the mud. Its TM's turn now.

• Like 1
Guest A10thunderbolt

I have to say, Zimmerman may have made a bad decision we don't know for sure what the story is so that part has to be thrown out the window. Someone can scream and yell in my face all day long and I still don't have the right to touch them. Travon touched him, in fact according to eye witnesses he touched him repeatedly over and over again. I don't know how many of you have hit your head on concrete but you don't even have to be bleeding to feel like you might die, it hurts. I can see how lying on your back with your head bouncing off the side walk you might feel panicked and feel death coming for you.

Yep... the first person to take a swing commited a crime. It may be the ONLY real crime in the case, if the shooting was really self defense.

That is not necessarily true. It depends if there was intent there to instigate and then use deadly force.

Here's an example, there was a story I remember seeing about two cops that were trying to catch muggers that were preying on drunks walking home. They would bait them by having one stagger down the road until they were robbed and the other cop would jump out and help lump up the perp. This didn't fly in the court room.

Now, let's say I do the same thing as an ordinary citizen... walk around acting drunk until someone tries to rob me. Let's say they come at me with a gun and I shoot them. If the prosecution can prove that my intent was to put myself on that situation and I ended up having to use deadly force then you can bet that I will be tried. It doesn't matter that the other guy pulled first or that I was in fear for my life.

If the prosecution has witnesses that Zimmerman intended to put himself in such a situation (knowing that he would be armed) then they have their 2nd degree murder. That's what makes Martin's actions moot. He could have swung first; Zimmerman could have been in fear for his life....doesn't matter. That's why I have repeatedly said that HCP holders need to really look at this as what not to do. Just because the law says that you can do something doesn't mean you can do it if there is malicious intent. Remember that NYCRulesYou guy that was here? He made a comment that he would KILL anyone that breaks into his home. He made a clear distinction between "shoot" and "kill." He meant "kill." Many folks here, including myself, told him that if he did shoot someone (even if you're in fear for your life) and they died you could be tried for murder based on your comments because you showed intent to "kill", not "stop a threat".

If Zimmerman made some similar comment to an acquaintance (likely) at some point in the weeks and months before the shooting then the prosecution may have a pretty easy case. Just a thought.

Whether or not he gets convicted the moral of this story to the HCP community should be to avoid confrontation at all costs because if you contribute to escalating the situation then end up shooting someone you WILL be toast. It doesn't matter at all what the other guy does. But if you don't believe me, go out, find the biggest black guy you can find, hurl a racial slur his way. Then as he is caving your head in go ahead and shoot him. If you think that you won't be convicted then go for it. If it was legal people would be doing this all the time to experience thrill of shooting someone.

Edited by TMF 18B
Guest 6.8 AR

Innocent until proven guilty is enough reason for me.

There doesn't appear to be much on Martin's side

to give any credence to convicting Zimmerman.

Unless someone knows something I don't.

I agree with you. But GZ is not charged with manslaughter, he is charged with murder 2. I think getting out of his car and getting near the suspect was dumb on many levels. I would be a lot more neutral if the charges WERE manslaughter. I do not think GZ is an angel nor can I defend his actions (because they make no logical sense). But I do have an axe to grind with the president, media, race baiters, and more with their BS, from the kid picture of TM to forcing GZ into hiding with death threats. GZ's life has already been examined in the press and dragged thru the mud. Its TM's turn now.

With what I know I would call it manslaughter. There is a lot of evidence we don't know about. I would figure that there is something they have that proves intent here otherwise this would get thrown out. I know that charges get trumped up, but there is quite a leap between manslaughter and murder 2. There are enough educated folks on the side of the prosecution that I would figure wouldn't want to set themselves up for such a failure. The benefits won't outweigh the repercussions in the long run. These folks gotta think long term career, not the 50 meter target like politicians.

Guest 6.8 AR

Until you could prove Zimmerman started the fight,

which is obviously the problem for anyone right now,

it's self defense. Evidence points to that. The rest is

nothing but speculation.

I consider having the back of your head forcibly slammed, possbily repeatedly, on concrete a life threatening situation.

So do I. So will a jury most likely. However, if you escalated the situation then you get two prizes in the end: 1. Your life. 2. Metal bracelets.