Time for a new laptop bag. Want something that is tacticool maybe. Prefer to carry my laptop in backpack mode. What bags do you know of?

Im only finding ones that seem to not be padded. Gots to have padding for my laptop!

Laptop is 15"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePunisher

Was just looking today at Sam' Club and they have a nice backpack bag that fits a 17 inch laptop, and lots of other space. It's a Swiss bag and costs $40.00. In black only.

I like the gearslinger (single strap over the shoulder) type bags, so I carry my work laptop (Dell Latitude) in a Maxpedition Sitka. My SHTF bag is a Maxpedition Kodiak and it'd hold a big 17" laptop easily.

This is the only one I was able to find that fit the bill for tacticool and padded. I never bought one, but it's been in my bookmarks for a few months now.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/3-way-laptop-case.html

That's one of the best laptop bags I've seen. In black, it'd be tame enough for business professional. Pretty darn versatile too...backpack and soft-side briefcase in one. I do like the ruggedness of Maxped over Condor gear, but Maxped doesn't seem the least bit interested in going after this market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

So my Voodoo Tactical Improved Matrix backpack arrived tonight and I am in tactical dork-kid heaven. Not one, but two padded compartments suitable for laptops. Numerous pockets for stuff. An "office organizer" for pens and the like inside. Cavernous main compartment for easy stowage of gym clothes or whatever. Yoke-style carry handle between the shoulder straps. Padded shoulder straps and a chest strap. Removable padded cummerbund for carrying heavier weights for longer periods of time.

To sum it up... Laptop Backpack Bliss.

Love it, love it, love it.

I bought a plain canvas messenger bag. I carry both my laptop and netbook in it. It has plenty of spare room as well.

However, it isn't padded which for some is a definite downer. Mine basically carries a computers from home to car, car to work and the reverse.

I have a leather laptop briefcase made by Samsonite. It has a separate padded compartment for the laptop, a large main compartment for papers and books, and two large pockets on the front to stow your smaller stuff. I paid $100 for it in 1993 (a high school graduation gift for myself) and I still use it. It's classy looking, low-profile, durable, and has held up well. I have tried several backpacks during that time and all of them fall apart in a few months. Either the strap tears out or the bottom wears through. My point is to consider your intended use and then find the best bag you can find. You'll go through many more cheap bags than a good one and as a result pay more in the long run.

I ended up with the Maxpedition Kodiak.... Pretty happy with it thus far. Not reallly much padding around the edges, but I think it'll be fine.

I wish my Kodiak had more padding too. I usually have mine full enough with other stuff to keep it from jostling around. Still, a laptop sleeve might not be a bad idea.

How do you like the front outside pockets? Freakin' huge, huh?

Guest ThePunisher

Just got a Maxpedition Magala Gearslinger today that takes care of my IPad, CCW, and other survival items. It has one strap. I really like it so far. If I need to carry my 17 inch laptop and more gear I'm gonna get the Swiss backpack at Sam's Club for $40.00.

Edited by ThePunisher
Guest BungieCord

I carried a Crumpler I was really fond of when I was working in Southwest Asia, but it was stolen from a shipment of personal goods. And I had a Level IIIa Spectra panel sewn into it, for a little extra peace of mind when I was out and about in areas where body armor wasn't appropriate. That was tacticool.