Bitten by the trout bug...again!

I've fished all my life. Since adulthood it seems that every coupe of years I get really into fishing, and then for whatever reason I get out of it. This past weekend I took inventory of my supplies, bought a few new lures and put new line on. Was pressed for time while fishing with the girlfriend Sunday evening but I was off on Monday and headed out alone for a few hours of solitude, man was it great. I've lived in this house for 2 years. The last time I was into fishing was right before I moved here, I stopped because I moved, I was really busy with work, and wasn't familiar with the local waters. Well I found out yesterday that I have a great trout stream a mile from my house. Caught a 14" rainbow on an ultralight and I'm hooked again for sure! Saw lots of really nice trout but only managed to land that one. I'm going to spend more time fly fishing in the near future as well.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite memories was trout fishing the Green river in East TN. I never caught a single one, but had a great time. My cousin, who is a much better fisherman than myself, caught enough to feed an army. Rainbow trout are so good to eat. Good luck!

I want so much for me and my daughter to experience somekind of "REAL" trout fishing! Some day I suppose!

Dave

Well, find a weekend when we're both available and drag your butt (and your daughter and your canoe!) to East Tennessee and float the Clinch with me!

There, see how how easy that was? ;)

Well, find a weekend when we're both available and drag your butt (and your daughter and your canoe!) to East Tennessee and float the Clinch with me!

There, see how how easy that was? ;)

Too easy!

My daughter is 16 and loves hunting and fishing! I want for her to experience the best life has to offer in the outdoors!

There's a decent campground right at Norris Dam. If you guys can make it over some Friday afternoon, I'll give you directions to the campground and you can get a good night's sleep, then I'll meet you there Saturday morning and we'll float from just below the dam all the way down to the highway 61 boat ramp (across from the Eagle Bend Fish Hatchery). It's about a 15 - 20 mile float and depending upon water levels will take anywhere from about 6 to 8 hours. Or we can drive down to the Peach Orchard ramp and put in there at low flow and it'll still take about 5 or 6 hours to get down to the take out, and the fishing might be a little better. OR, we could do one on Saturday and the other on Sunday if we have the whole weekend.

There's your choices. I'm booked every weekend, either on the Clinch, the Nolichuckey or for the Primitive Skills thing, between now and the end of June except for the 2nd and the 30th, but there's nothing that says we can't do it in July. Or August. Or the last two weeks in September... Your choice. :)

take a trip to the white river in ar near mountain home.. i go as often as i can not only is it world class trout fishing its a great place to visit

It is indeed. Unfortunately, it's also 560 miles from where I live, which is about 540 miles further than the section of the Clinch I float. Kinda' puts it out of my range, but if anyone else wants to spend the money to drive there, that's cool! It's a pretty place!

cool,it dont take much to fish for trout,been out of it for a # of years but have been going some recently on the clinch.caught a 18 3/4" brown trout sunday,biggest brown i have caught so far.my pontoon wont float most of it but cant have it all lol

There's a decent campground right at Norris Dam. If you guys can make it over some Friday afternoon, I'll give you directions to the campground and you can get a good night's sleep, then I'll meet you there Saturday morning and we'll float from just below the dam all the way down to the highway 61 boat ramp (across from the Eagle Bend Fish Hatchery). It's about a 15 - 20 mile float and depending upon water levels will take anywhere from about 6 to 8 hours. Or we can drive down to the Peach Orchard ramp and put in there at low flow and it'll still take about 5 or 6 hours to get down to the take out, and the fishing might be a little better. OR, we could do one on Saturday and the other on Sunday if we have the whole weekend.

There's your choices. I'm booked every weekend, either on the Clinch, the Nolichuckey or for the Primitive Skills thing, between now and the end of June except for the 2nd and the 30th, but there's nothing that says we can't do it in July. Or August. Or the last two weeks in September... Your choice. :)

Where at on the Nolichuckey do you usually fish?

Generally drop off one vehicle at Banks Campground then drive several miles upstream (either to the TWRA Access or above it) and float down. It May not be the most productive section of the Nolichuckey, but it's fairly easy ingress/egress and that makes a ton of difference when you're only up for a 1 day float.

I got that long 1 mile trip, about to take it here in a little bit and wet a line. I'm going to have a hectic work weekend since I'm in the tourism industry. Gonna get a few hours of therapy before I start the work weekend late tonight or in the early morning.

Guest TnRebel

any time you want to get together give me a shout .. I fish the SoHo, Wat, Stony Creek and the Pigeon on the fly

xeo8it.jpg

Edited by TnRebel

Generally drop off one vehicle at Banks Campground then drive several miles upstream (either to the TWRA Access or above it) and float down. It May not be the most productive section of the Nolichuckey, but it's fairly easy ingress/egress and that makes a ton of difference when you're only up for a 1 day float.

My dad has always fished under the bridge on the newport hwy.

any time you want to get together give me a shout .. I fish the SoHo, Wat, Stony Creek and the Pigeon on the fly

2w1zloh.jpg

xeo8it.jpg

Nice brown! And thanks for re-posting my rainbow! (The top pic is me with a nice 'bow I caught with a yellow rooster tail on the Clinch last year - I had to replace that watch band a couple of weeks later, pardon the hairy forearm.)

Edited by Timestepper
Guest TnRebel

that was mixed in with the folder of mine ( Over 300 ) sorry but its still a nice Bow the Brown is from Stony Creek over at Elizabethton , Tn. the watch band of mine is velcro should of caught it ! again sorry !

Edited by TnRebel

that was mixed in with the folder of mine ( Over 300 ) sorry but its still a nice Bow the Brown is from Stony Creek over at Elizabethton , Tn. the watch band of mine is velcro should of caught it ! again sorry !

No harm done. I remember that particular fish like it was yesterday because I caught him the first time my buddy Pat floated the Clinch with me - it was good to see it again.

Went out for just a couple of hours Tuesday evening. Didn't see the first trout but I caught three nice small mouth. Kept the two largest for me and the girlfriend. Rolled one up in aluminum foil, had it stuffed with butter and seasoning, it was pretty good. The other I fileted and cut into bite sized chunks, rolled in seasoned flour and fried in butter, chewing was not necessary, some of the best fish I have ever had.

Headed out for a few hours this afternoon!

Edited by 10-Ring

I'll be floating the Nolichuckey after smallies on the 9th. It's going to be a combination fishing trip and memorial for a recently departed friend and fisherman and his best friend and I will double teaming the smallmouth in John's honor - with the aid of some beautiful, hand tied smallmouth jigs recently gifted to me (us) by our own WD-40.

:up::usa::up:

Guest Big-A

Congrats man i too have the fever.I live very close to Hiwassee and Tellico river and Citco creek. Yesterday i went fishing on lower end of Tellico for smallies caught 1 smallie and 2 big Rainbow both hit over 1lb and half and put up a good fight. I wanna start fishing above the powerhouse on Hiwassee for smallies when turbulation isnt running anyone here with experiance for small mouth on the Hiwassee any info would be appreciated or even set up a meet and fish there would be great also. Sorry for the hi jack on the info Thanks AL