Hiller Plumbing rant !

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might walk in wearing the uniform. They're on the by pass. I'll bet you get a different quote, but

I'd probably do it myself if I had the time. None of them are cheap in Clarksville.

This. Even I know better than to mess with a cop's mama. :cool:

I deal with Hiller plumbing at the Hotel I work at part time. I'm not impressed. We had an A/C problem and the worker filled out A/C with coolent. It leaked some and he recovered his coolant in which we were charged for. He repaired the leak and charged us AGAIN for coolent. He ripped us off as he said he could "re-use" the coolant he had recovered.

It would be a cold day vegas before I called Hiller to work for me!

Guest Lester Weevils

My little basement apt was added-on 50+ years ago. The basement apartment bathroom and kitchen drain pipes are embedded in the foundation slab and they make a Y connection embedded in the foundation slab.

If/when something goes too wrong with the embedded pipes-- Maybe plumbers are smart enough to fish just about any such problem but I get visions of two ditches spanning the apartment's rooms, sledge-hammered out of the concrete and intersecting in a Y. :) Sounds like it could get expensive after all is said and done.

My Mom and Dad used to use Hiller a lot. One of their guys was there one day to fix the leaking washers in the bathtub. Dad had dropped his wedding ring into the H/A duct in the bathroom about a week earlier. They asked him if he would go under the house and take the vent loose to see if he could find it. He did and claimed that he didn't find it and then never put the vent back, but left it hanging loose. I believe that he found it and stuffed it in his pocket. It would have been worth a couple hundred with the current price of gold.

He didn't even fix the leak!

Lousy customer service, shoddy workmanship and over priced! Strike 3! I'll never use them!

I was a plumber for about 3 years, I did commercial and residential. With both I did rough-ins, finish work as well as service. I had been going to work with dad on the weekends from the time I was 9 until I started at 16. For my Uncle's company, I have seen him quote $2500 for doing all the plumbing in a Great Clips, that's removing all existing plumbing, installing all new fixtures, running all the pipes (copper at the time), and all sewer lines. I think $3500 is way out there. At the company my dad works for, we charged $110 for the first hour, $85 for every hour after that plus parts for service calls. That wasn't too terrible for people, we only did service on homes we were contracted to build and this was in Cincinnati, OH.

I was quoted $8,500 yes I said $8,500to run 40ft of pipe to the road by them and call another place and they will could do it for $350. I called hiller to ask why another place could do it so much cheaper and they said the other guy must be doing it under the table. So I contacted a national contractor and they came out and quoted me $300. I cant imagine that the national brand guy was doing it under the table.

Oh by the way with Hiller WE were responsible for reseeding the yard after they left and the other guys included that in the price.

My husband and I build our house ourselfs.. he did the plumbing.I know exactly what he did and did not do.. There is NO WAY IN HELL its worth 3500 dollars to some repair.. That`s a rip off.. plain and simple..

I would rather pay a private person who knows about plumbing and who could really use the money instead of some rip off artists..

I got ripped off once by Protec builders when they build our garage ..never again...

If they advertise on TV.. I wont use them.

Only peopel I would even consider ever calling again is Junk Be Gone.. I like those guys and they are cheap..

Get another opinion.. insist on it.. she is getting ripped off big time

My question would be does he even have to do any digging? Since this is the kitchen drain line, I would think the primary sink drain would go under the house and connect into the main line. shouldn't be any digging involved just a little crawling in a crawl space. even if the pipes were cast iron, which they probably are since the house was built in the 60's, cut it out with a sawzall and go back with pvc, make the main connection with fernco couplings. its not rocket science.....done it plenty of times. never charged that kind of money or anything close. I have learned that some companies see older people coming......just my opinion.

Call someone like roto rooter, if the line is not leaking a good mechanical cleaning will have it going for years. I've seen a lot of over priced Plumbers and some of them just think they are because they can spell it. I have been a Plumber for 35 years, the last 15 as a maintenance Plumber for a small college. Ether way get a second quote.

Joe W.