gun safety class was about half female and half male

Guest titanwolf

Guest titanwolf

Good for you ladies

Most of the males had fired a gun before. Several of the women never fired a gun before. My suggestion would be for you ladies to buy a gun and fire it, before you take the gun safety class.

Now if I could convince my wife to carry one I would be happy.

rock on

Edited by titanwolf
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I took my HCP class about 10 years ago there were three women in it including myself. It's nice to hear that number is going up!

I have to agree with you about knowing how to shoot before you go. The other two women that took the class with me could barely lift their big 6" barrel revolvers up, much less shoot them. They also didn't know how to load them....a couple guys volunteered to help them. I used my Glock 23 for the class and definitely didn't need any help. One guy came over to me to "help" me and I told him no thanks, I can handle it just fine by myself. Personally, I think if you can't load and shoot the gun without help, you shouldn't pass the class.........but the instructor actually passed them!

I was the only woman in my class when I took it, there was supposed to be a couple more but they didn't show up. I had a little experience with handling my revolver when I went, I had shot it a few times and cleaned it and handled it plenty so I felt I was ready to take the class and test. I have since learned a lot more and have a lot more to learn.

When my wife took hers she went with her two brothers and sister in law.

She had shot my Hk many times, but before she went she shot it some more

for confidence than anything else as I wouldn't be with her. (Watching the kids.)

She sent my buddy Mark a thank you card. When you opened it it had a

three shot group inside. :shrug: It used to hang up behind the counter of Guns and Leather years ago.

I'm very glad to see more women shooting, and getting permits.

Also VERY happy to see a "Women's" section here at TGO. Too many times

the shooting sports gets a "macho" male only reputation. Nice to see the women

here not only able to disscuss things together, but build their own sense

of community with each other. Bravo!

Guest Angel 24/7

3 Also in my class. Allan made sure before I went I new how to shoot, load, clean it. We went together. He loaded my clips on the range for me.I am very weak at pulling the side back, & loading the clip. He has got me some exercise things for my hands!:)

I'm very glad to see more women shooting, and getting permits.

Also VERY happy to see a "Women's" section here at TGO. Too many times

the shooting sports gets a "macho" male only reputation. Nice to see the women here not only able to disscuss things together, but build their own sense of community with each other. Bravo!

Thanks creeky, I think I can speak for all of us women and say that we are happy to be here on TGO and happy to have this womens section.

I am glad that some of you men are coming over and taking part too because I think we sometimes get ignored in other threads in the other sections. My daughter and I were talking today about how there are times when we can post on a thread and it seems to stop in it's tracks or we get ignored. Not all the time but enough to notice so we were wondering if maybe some men feel uncomfortable with women here or maybe just plain don't think we belong on a gun forum. :grouchy:

Guest Natosha
Were any of the women in the class hot? Theres nothing like a hot chick with a gun

NOT In my class! HAHAHAHA! We all looked like a bunch of rednecks from the back woods! HAHAHAHA!