Case lube for cheap

I posted this in another thread and though it deserves its own thread.

For CHEAP lube make your own. All you need is a spray bottle, 100% pure lanolin and isopropyl alchohol of at leat 91%. The higher the percentage the better.

Get 100% pure lanolin and at least 91% rubbing alcohol., the higher the better. Then mix the two in a 8:1 or 10:1 ratio with the alcohol being the bigger and the lanolin being the smaller. Heat a pot of water on the stove until it is too hot to keep your hand in it. Then remove it from heat and let it set for a few minutes to equalize. Set the lanolin and alcohol in the hot water with the caps loosened. Leave them for about 15 minutes in order to heat up. This makes the lanolin more liquid like and helps it disolve in the alcohol. Put 1/2 the alcohol in the spray bottle then add all of the lanolin. Then pour the remaining alcohol in the spray bottle. Then cap it off and shake vigorously for a few minutes until it is mixed well. It should not seperate even after cooling.

And to use it all you have to do is spray it on the cases and let is sit long enough for the alcohol to evaporate. The higher the % of alcohol the quicker it evaporates.

Dolomite

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

I've been using this for several years now.
Last week I was gonna do some prep work and I'd run empty.
Got it wrote down somewhere but can't find it.
Got on here couldn't find it here, so I pm'ed dol and he was kind enough to get me back.
Gonna print another copy, maybe I'll be able to find one of 'em next time I need it.
Thanks Dol.
RP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk