photo speed enforcement equipment

Guest Field Boss

Guest Field Boss

I guess you could say I have a smart apps for my check book. I went today and I can buy insurance polices for homeowners and auto insurance, outside Decherd, TN and save almost $500. per year! Thank you Decherd Police Dept. fot giving me the incentive to look at other options and take my money from your city.And I will drive the speed limit, where ever I go! What about them apples!!!!

Missouri doesn’t help us any. Just like guns, unless a Tennessee court, the 6th Circuit, or the SCOTUS rules it is unconstitutional it doesn’t mean squat here.

Surely these cases have been to the SCOTUS; have they refused to hear them?

Guest 6.8 AR

Something called precedent, Dave. May or may not be challenged here, but other states could challenge and it could have

an effect on us. I don't know if anything like this has reached SCOTUS, though. They probably would a state's issue, unless

the fed is funding and pushing this stuff. I don't know about that.

Isn't our fair city the bastion of progressivism, just under Oak Ridge. I wasn't for Kim. Piper didn't stop it, either. I

think the cameras were up under him. Those cameras are a lousy shot for traffic.

I agree 100%!! Piper had to put all those cameras up to take the heat off him for building the marina for all his rich friends to play.

Guest 6.8 AR

I liked the Fairgrounds better when it was above

water. Coached soccer and Octoberfest was

always fun. That marina is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed cameras are a joke, as are speed limits on a good portion of roads. The biggest problem that I have with speed cameras is that there is no way to face your accuser and contest the ticket. I've gotten out of the majority of speeding tickets that I have gotten from actual police officers by pleading my case in front of a judge. There is no avenue for defending yourself from the accusation of the camera, the camera says that you are guilty so you are guilty. I don't want to live in a country where an electronic device decides my guilt or innocence.

Driver education is fundamental, it's not speed that causes crashes the majority of the time, it's distractions and incompetence. Do we not all know of a piece of road that is a speed trap? I can think of several 4 lane highways where there is no cross traffic and not lots of businesses or houses yet the speed limit may be 45 through that stretch, you can travel the same road for a few miles and everything is the same but the speed limit is 65. I try to stay within 10 mph of the speed limit if there are chances that it could be patrolled, I don't feel that I'm endangering myself or anyone else. As a society we bow down to the speed limits and we do not question them. (Some speed limits I can agree to, 70 on the freeway works, because most people are moving 80 or so, move it up and triple digit speeds will start to become common, American drivers are just not ready for that.) Why should we never question a rule imposed on us by our government? Will we take this same mentality of "don't question the rules" when the government decides to remove our hunting rifles from our possession because they hold more than one round, or they don't like the caliber?

• Like 1