.357 1911?

Guest agt.dealer

Guest agt.dealer

So I've found a .357mag 1911 by coonan?and retail for around $1,100!!anyone ever shoot one?are they worth the $$$? I just can't stop drooling over it!

Haven't had hands on the new Coonan, but have held and fired the orginal version and was quite fond of it. Should have bought when I had the chance. As for the new version, I haven't seen one yet, but find myself very interest in one. Just might have one follow me home at some point. As for the pricing, well, that seems in line with what was thought to be a selling point for them in some mags last fall. And not really out of line with the pricing of a good 1911.

The price sound's right and it's a very well made pistol that has been around for a while, if you want it then go ahead and buy it. I'll admit to wanting one myself but other firearms that I've purchased have been my choices instead.

Guest Scramasax

The Coonan is not an exact copy of the 1911. It does retain the best ergonomics of the design. I've been shooting a model B almost since they first came out. The only downside is the weight for a carry gun. The upside is the ergonomics (like a 1911), the performance of the caliber, fast auto reloads, and reliability. Some might argue for the 10mm, 460 Rowland etc. They are all good hotroded 1911 calibers but are not as available. Nor do they have the track record of the .357. I just wish Mectech offered a carbine conversion for them.

Ts

Guest agt.dealer

Well,I love the 1911 feel and the knock down power of the .357mag just makes it seem like the best alround pistol,still gotta be lighter then a eagle!and I buy a lot of .38sp. For the Mrs. So I just may buy one!

There is a pretty good article in the shotgun news treasury about the new ones. Definitely has my interest piqued.

For someone like me considering their first 1911 I like the fact that I wouldnt have to start buying a new caliber of round just to feed one gun.

Guest Scramasax

There is a pretty good article in the shotgun news treasury about the new ones. Definitely has my interest piqued.

For someone like me considering their first 1911 I like the fact that I wouldnt have to start buying a new caliber of round just to feed one gun.

Fortunately I already have .357/38 revolvers and rifles. If I had to settle on one caliber it would probably be .357 magnum due the versatility and availability.

ts

Guest agt.dealer

He must have thought I was talkn about .357sig.not mag,but if that was the case he'd be dead on!all my friends I ask about a .357mag In a 1911 style they all say I'm retarded!!its just hard to grasp

That's random....

Its a nice looking pistol. Might google a comparison between it and the desert eagle in 357? This one looks closer to the 1911 but both are 1911-ish.

Just based on aesthetics, I must say I preffer the coonan. I'm seriously considering one of these over the RI .38super I had previously picked out as my "someday" gun. I figure the difference in ammo price and availability would easily make the difference pay off.

Guest Lester Weevils

I was seriously entertaining the idea of a .357 DE a couple of years ago but read some reports that the DE in .357 feeds finicky (may not be true). Also finally decided that the DE is too big for a .357 gun though it is probably about the right size for a .44 Mag or .50 pistol. And kinda expensive for a novelty item.

The Coonan looks more feasible to imagine buying. Costs about the same as lots of mid-range 1911's though not cheap, and I need at least one more .357 Mag pistol, and the revolvers that catch my fancy are about the same price or more expensive than the Coonan.

So far have never bought a gun sight-unseen, so would have to encounter a Coonan at a local gun store or gun show to end up buying. Might mail-order a brand new gun of something I was real back-and-forwards familiar with like a Beretta or whatever, but I usually have to examine a gun to get confidence to buy. Not that I'm real smart at examining guns.