16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers!

Guest No Ammo

Guest Victor9er
He informed us that the officers had tried to convince him to throw us out, which he refused to do. He then stated to the officers, the only ones causing trouble was them.

Hats off to that store manager, bravo!

:hat:

I'm not down with the harassment of them trying to get the manager to throw these guys out, but why do people carry open and then refuse to show ID and Carry Permits?

I'm not saying its bad, but it just seems like you could clear up mess like that a lot faster if you show your permits. :shrug:

• Like 2

They probably don't have to show a permit or even maybe have a permit to OC there. As far as them claiming the officers were trying to get them thrown out I really don't believe that but who knows I wasn't there so I take that with a grain of salt.Either way didn't seem to be a huge issue.

Guest Victor9er

I think the video said they were in Kansas... from what I understand open carry laws vary from county to county and even from city to city, so I'm not sure what the law was there but it seems obvious it was allowed otherwise the cops would have had reason to arrest them. Either way, if they had a permit... according to Kansas law... that would supercede any county or city ordnance concerning open carry. I agree that I didn't understand why they were so steadfast in refusing to show any ID or permits. Seems like that would have cleared things up quickly. It's usually easier to deal with LEOs when you cooperate instead of trying to "buck up" and puff out their chests for show. It seems a lot of people that open carry are getting that type of attitude lately... not really presenting a proper image IMO.

On the other hand, the excessive show of force by the police was uncalled for as well. Seems like both sides were willing to butt heads, I'm just glad calmer heads prevailed in the end.

Edited by Victor9er

I'm not down with the harassment of them trying to get the manager to throw these guys out, but why do people carry open and then refuse to show ID and Carry Permits?

I'm not saying its bad, but it just seems like you could clear up mess like that a lot faster if you show your permits. :shrug:

punks just looking for trouble

• Like 1

Pretty uneventful. Someone called the Police (who knows what they said), they came, checked it out and left. The only time you hear an Officer speak he is calm and respectful. Of course if you title it “16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers!†(Which is not what happened) you will up your YouTube hit count.

When you do something out of the ordinary people will call the Police. And when people call the Police; the Police will show up. If the call goes out as guns involved, usually any cops in the area that are free are going to show up.

I would have shown my ID and told the Officer I’m sorry he had to be bothered with this; apparently someone got scared. He probably would have responded with “No problem, we got a call and had to check it out; thanks for your cooperation.â€

• Like 3

No permit required to open carry in Kansas if no municipal ordinance forbids it.

Not required by law to show ID just because asked.

Just people standing up for a couple of the few rights they have left, comrade.

- OS

• Like 4
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Pretty uneventful. Someone called the Police (who knows what they said), they came, checked it out and left. The only time you hear an Officer speak he is calm and respectful. Of course if you title it “16 Open Carriers vs Several Police Officers!†(Which is not what happened) you will up your YouTube hit count.

When you do something out of the ordinary people will call the Police. And when people call the Police; the Police will show up. If the call goes out as guns involved, usually any cops in the area that are free are going to show up.

I would have shown my ID and told the Officer I’m sorry he had to be bothered with this; apparently someone got scared. He probably would have responded with “No problem, we got a call and had to check it out; thanks for your cooperation.â€

The main voice you hear in the video did state that there was a total of 16 OCing.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

Oddly enough this reminds me of an infamous person around here named Leonard. Sounds like they consulted him before going to lunch.

I dont see the problem with simply cooperating with LEOs. They are just normal guys like us doing the job that the rest of us wont/cant do. They try to keep the world at least kinda civilized.

Maybe it's a point that needs to be made. Just not on my list of things to do.

I agree. With legislators always looking for a bill to propose in their name, it will probably just make the legislators aware that people carrying guns don’t have to show ID. They could then address that.

No permit required to open carry in Kansas if no municipal ordinance forbids it.

Not required by law to show ID just because asked.

Just people standing up for a couple of the few rights they have left, comrade.

- OS

I take offense to that "comrad" comment! :stick:

If you got to know me, I think you'd see I'm one of the most anti-commie guys you'll ever meet on here. :usa:

Guest drv2fst

We have so few rights left in this country. I don't see the point in antagonizing people with the few rights we have left. Sure, let's make a coordinated effort to provoke legislators into taking away more of our rights.

There are many ways to protest and argue a point. Showing up armed in a posse is not a way to get the things you want. You may win small battles like this one but you will lose the war. We want to convince people that citizens carrying guns are no threat to them. This does not do that very well. Sure, they did nothing aggressive. But it was clearly a pointless "just because I can" event that will only hurt the cause of liberty.

I understand that the guys were making a point. I also understand the cops response. Even though it was an entirely different situation all I could think about was that father and son cop killing in W. Memphis a couple of years ago. One gung ho cop or one fed up and ain't gonna take it no more citizen and you have a ugly mess in a family restaurant .

He cops should know the laws, but the citizens shouldn't be out testing them on it. I am not a fan of oc. It's not worth the attention.

I understand that the guys were making a point. I also understand the cops response. Even though it was an entirely different situation all I could think about was that father and son cop killing in W. Memphis a couple of years ago. One gung ho cop or one fed up and ain't gonna take it no more citizen and you have a ugly mess in a family restaurant .

He cops should know the laws, but the citizens shouldn't be out testing them on it. I am not a fan of oc. It's not worth the attention.

That's my view. I don't want the interruption. I may even open carry. I just won't do it in places where I expect a scene. I avoid TV cameras too.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

We have so few rights left in this country. I don't see the point in antagonizing people with the few rights we have left. Sure, let's make a coordinated effort to provoke legislators into taking away more of our rights.

There are many ways to protest and argue a point. Showing up armed in a posse is not a way to get the things you want. You may win small battles like this one but you will lose the war. We want to convince people that citizens carrying guns are no threat to them. This does not do that very well. Sure, they did nothing aggressive. But it was clearly a pointless "just because I can" event that will only hurt the cause of liberty.

This^

Thank yout! :usa::up:

Edited by JohnC

punks just looking for trouble

Stupid baiters trying to make a point.

Trying to provoke a response, so they could complain.

• Like 1
Guest tommy62

This is not about rights at all unless you stop to think about the new laws that will be enacted because "some" want to show off and antognize the general public and police. It is not a problem to meet and open carry. The problem is that there is always a video camera so these people exerciing thier rights can post thier defiance of law enforcement on the internet. I for one am glad we have the laws we do in Tennessee. My opinion is that everyone should have to complete a HCP course and background check to carry a firearm. I know that alot of folks will not agree with this but I don't care. :2cents:

Guest bluecanary25

This is an old video.

Interesting that people standing up for their Rights are concidered trouble makers by some here...