? hi point carbine 9mm?

Guest adamparker86

Guest adamparker86

I am considering trading somthing for one a freind has, but I heard both good and bad reviews on them and was wondering if anyone has had exp. with them

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one that I traded for and it was a single shot. Bang, jam, bang, jam. I sent it back to HiPoint and they rebuilt it to like new and sent it back to me no charge. So, the warranty works well.

They probably just tweaked or changed the mag. :)

At any rate, me and Mike.357 both have one; I have the PlanetOfTheApes version and he has the TactiCool.

We both really like 'em ..

Seriously, mag lips may get too loose need to be squeezed back in,other than that, little goes wrong with them. Possibility you might need to replace firing pin at some point if getting light strikes (it can get damaged cleaning from bore and also does double duty as ejector) but worst case they'll send you one free with a phone call, easy to pop in there.

Quite accurate at 50 yards, and no prob with torso shots out to 125, with just the stock iron sights.

I guess I like my Kel-Tec sub2000 just a bit better because of high cap mags, nifty fold up feature, and interchange with handgun (although the 10 round HP carbine mags do fit in HP C9 pistol) but I love my HP995 like an ole ugly dawg. :)

I'm proud owner of a mighty Hi-Point C9 also.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Aces&8s

I love my 995. I have the old Planet of the Apes version, too, and it is a very accurate little rifle. I was having the odd feed issue for a while, but tweaked the mag lips a little bit and now it does just fine.

well im considering trading a taurus tcp for the hi point and some cash... gud trade?

Some would say it's good to get rid of a Taurus any which way you can, and of course while it's still working if possible. ;)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest adamparker86

hey now I love tauruses thats my second one my first is a pt 709slim its my favorite at of all the pistols ive had its my edc

Guest adamparker86

keep in mind I havent had that many im sure there are better but the 709 has never had any kind of malfunction and it eats every kind of ammo I feed I think taurus semi autos are hit and miss ive heard better about the revolvers

Guest Aces&8s

well im considering trading a taurus tcp for the hi point and some cash... gud trade?

Sounds like a fair trade (depending on how much boot you get)... seems like around here the 995 and TCP are fairly close in price to begin with.

Guest Lester Weevils

Been tempted to get a HiPoint carbine and pistol in 9mm sometimes, because most owners lately brag on the reliability and they certainly do have a "unique" appearance. So ugly it is cute.

I like the phrase "planet of the apes" describing the carbine. The carbine shares a "what were they thinking" design space with certain old models of saab and volvo automobiles and the amc gremlin and pacer, One wonders how certain products could have been intentionally designed so homely. Perhaps somebody accidentally sat on the clay model and squashed it out of shape before submission to the tooling department? :)

Well people like Glocks so...

Well, I have a girlfriend, so clearly, looks don't matter.

I can't say anything about the quality of the gun as far as function, but we have one and the front sight broke because a gun next to it in the safe slid over and bumped it.

Edited by robbiev

I think the new tactical carbines actually look pretty cool and I like mine. I also had a Hi Point JHP .45acp pistol and it was 100% reliable the entire time that I owned it. I finally sold it to a friend that was going to get more use out of it than me since I tended to grab my 1911 when I felt like burning cash by shooting .45acp ammo. :hat:

Nothing bad to say about any Hi Point.

The carbine is as good of a center fire rifle for the money you can find.

They are easy to strip, don't require much cleaning and Hi Point has a great warranty that they actually honor in a timely manner.

I'd make the trade.