30 ft. 21 ft. 15,ft.

Guest jackdog

Guest jackdog

Heres an eye opener:

Take the above distances 10 yds, 7 yrds and 5 yrds.

get a stop watch.

See how fast you can cover these distances. If you can find a couple of people to run them as well, figure out an average time.

Next from these same distances draw and fire your weapon while having someone time you did your drawing and firing beat the running times? Congratulations you probably survived a street attack.:)

If not I guess will miss ya.:bow:

Finally if you can rig up a moving target have some one pull the target to you.

See how well you fair.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something interesting, a woman my father works with from Florida has her FL CCW, and she told us that part of their practical exam involved the range officer running the target towards you from 7 yards to see how well you hit a target coming straight at you.

The Tueller drill. I witnessed this several times over at the last force on force class I attended. I also participated, I was the guy with the gun and the guy with the knife.

From 21 feet almost everyone was able to get a shot into the attacker charging with the knife. The horrifying reality is you are probably going to get cut regardless. Your chances go way up if you MOVE! Move as if someone was trying to cut you with a knife.

Guest Shay VanVlymen

The often neglected lesson of the Tueller drill is that the gun may not be your best weapon in ECQC against a knife. As Rifleman stated with the classic Tueller drill you are prepared for an attack from 21 feet and while you may get off a shot or two but you can still get cut BAD. Movement to buy time and distance and good empty hand skills are more valuable than the "just shoot 'um" default answer in my opinion.

Guest Phantom6

As officer Tueller showed so well in his research, at 21 ft or less against an agressor with an edged weapon you are more than likely going to have to go hands on with your attacker to get them off of you until you can get to a weapon (knife, table leg, chair, trash can lid or pistol).

the sad thing is that I'd probably be dumb enough to take the guy on with my hands, if he was about my size or a little bigger.

I'm fairly proficient in unarmed combat...sadly, its my pistol skills that are lacking, due to constraints of my time for practice.

sometimes I think that the more I learn, the dumber I get....