Bought my first gun today!

Have you fired the gun yet? Just asking because my wife and mother had a hard time with the lady smith wood grips. I saw the crimson trace grips part #lg405 or lg-405 and was considering getting a set of those. They looked like they would be a lot more comfortable.

My husband has the same gun with the black finish and ive shot his. I really like the rubber grips, it makes you feel like you have good control even though its a smaller gun. I cant wait to shoot mine.

And yes, my first gun. I had already picked out a second one to play with at the range. Its the Julie Goloski M&P 9mm. Just waiting for Hero Gear to get one in stock.

I also found a very nice stainless version of my husbands Wilson there on Saturday;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
I also found a very nice stainless version of my husbands Wilson there on Saturday;)

:up: Nice. Sounds like David bought his 19 at the right time. :up:

Guest Verbal Kint
but we may see what a couple years of the obamalama brings us

You're assuming he'll live that long, if he makes office.

Given whoever he's likely to pick as VP, and Nancy Pelosi being third in succession, it is very unlikely that it would make a difference. Not to say that some idiot wouldn't try it, but this election resembles 1860 more than it does 1960.

He's all about hope and change, and I think thats' an accurate description of where we'll be two years in - hoping for a change.

Edited by Mark@Sea
Guest Verbal Kint

Not to derail this thread... but, yeah, I said a long time ago... we're ****ed no matter who gets elected this term. :drool:

u're assuming he'll live that long, if he makes office.

lets hope even if he is elected that nobody decides to remove him from office.

The anti-gun sentiment would be enormous and way worse than him being in office.

Back on topic, I understand woman like pink, ( no idea why really) but them grips are seriously ugly. That is not a very nice looking shade of pink.

• Administrator

Bad news...

I called Smith & Wesson this morning and spoke with a guy in their customer service department. He was familiar with the grips in question but stated that they did not have them or at least did not have them for sale separately. He directed me to a manufacturer of the pink "pearlite" grips which I think are pretty hideous.

Now I have to break the news to my wife. :D

I made a joke about the pink sharpie but how about dyeing them pink with some automotive dye.Dye the black rubber first with a white or primmer followed by pink?Im sure it would stick but not sure how well it would hold up on a handgun.Think that would work?

Guest canynracer

what about adding hints of pink to the frame using duracoat?

maybe the indents on the cylinder, the grip screws, the cylinder release, maybe the backstrap...

Guest Verbal Kint
what about adding hints of pink to the frame using duracoat?

maybe the indents on the cylinder, the grip screws, the cylinder release, maybe the backstrap...

Grips can easily be swapped back out, should she ever choose to sell it (always a possibility, no matter how happy you are with a firearm). A duracoated pink handgun might be a little bit harder to part with. Not to mention looking hideous. :lol:

Guest canynracer
Grips can easily be swapped back out, should she ever choose to sell it (always a possibility, no matter how happy you are with a firearm). A duracoated pink handgun might be a little bit harder to part with. Not to mention looking hideous. :lol:

good point, didnt think about the resale thing...I was just looking for SOMETHING to maybe help...sheesh

**picks up ball** Im going home!!

:D

Hey now, it would not be hideous, but I agree I am trying to stick to accessories that could be swapped out easily if we did decide to sell it. Although, I think ill probably hang to it for a while :D

• Administrator
I know this is not the thread for this and probably a stupid question , but where is Hero Gear ?

Nope, not a stupid question. Hero Gear is in Winchester, TN. You can click on one of their banner ads (shown randomly at the top of pages here) or just go to www.hero-gear.com for their address and contact info.

• Administrator

As for the matter at hand...

I think I am going to order another set of the OEM grips from Smith & Wesson and use Duracoat with flex-agent added to paint them pink for her. That should work according to what I've seen on other gun forums.