New Glock owner question

I have been hunting for my first Glock. Last ditch effort to find one local before going the online route I called Specialty Arms II in LaVergne yesterday. Said he had one in stock and could pick it today. Since there rebuilding, I wasn't sure what the shop looked like. Well it's just the owner, a card table and a box that has orders ready for pickup. Painless transaction, good price and great guy. Stopped by the Saddle Shop for a holster and found the Pearce Grip Extesion (PG-2733). On the back it says it will add two 9mm rounds once installed. I tried my hardest to get the last two in. Won't go. Seems straight forward unless it really is just an extension which I'm fine with. Any suggestions?

they make a grip extension and plus one/two grip extension. the pg-2733 model is for the glock 26/27/33/39. it will add two rounds for the g26. the pg-2733 is not for the g19/17. it will work but i don't know how many rounds it will add. now if you put the spring in backward it will not work. sometimes the glock mag spring can come off the follower. sometime glock mags takes some work to make the last round go in anyway.

Guest bkelm18

My experience with the Pearce +2 extension on a Glock 26... I too had a heck of a time getting that 2nd round in. Then the base plate popped off while I was standing in line at Best Buy, dumping about half of my mag onto the ground. From that point on I only did 1 extra round and never had another problem for the time I owned the gun. I imagine the spring might need to be modified, but I didn't care much for the gun to begin with so I let it be.

Edited by bkelm18

IF I were gonna carry a Glock 26, I'd use a flush fit mag in the gun and carry a G19 mag for backup...just saying.

Sometimes being a bug guy has advantages...I can carry a Glock 17 IWB and barely print (depending on the shirt).

Edited by BigK
Guest bkelm18

I suggest you go trade your 26 in for a 19. After you add a magazine extension, you have a gun with a shorter barrel, lower capacity and the grip length of a g19. Just my .02 cents

If you're referring to me, I sold that gun a long time ago. It was my third and final attempt at forcing myself to like a Glock. If I wanted a gun with a grip of a 2x4 and a trigger made of gravel, I would buy a 2x4 and glue some gravel to it at a fraction of the cost. :P

If you're referring to me, I sold that gun a long time ago. It was my third and final attempt at forcing myself to like a Glock. If I wanted a gun with a grip of a 2x4 and a trigger made of gravel, I would buy a 2x4 and glue some gravel to it at a fraction of the cost. :P

Nah, i was speaking to the OP. I just don't understand why folks buy a subcompact and add extentions--it end up the same size has a compact with less rounds.....

Nah, i was speaking to the OP. I just don't understand why folks buy a subcompact and add extentions--it end up the same size has a compact with less rounds.....

Because after I looked at all available options for what I was needing, I choose the 26 for size and reliability. With the extension, the height is still less than the 19 by 1/2" and 3/4" in barrel length at a confrontation isn't going to make any difference, training does. I could have gone with another manufacture for $200-$300 less and gotten a gut gun but I don't invest in guns that will go into the trash after 200 rounds. I made a great choice on my firearm as well as anyone else that buy's what they feel fits them.

• Like 2

I suggest you go trade your 26 in for a 19. After you add a magazine extension, you have a gun with a shorter barrel, lower capacity and the grip length of a g19. Just my .02 cents

Might work for you. I have a 23, and a 27 with a 9mm barrel as well. I can't carry the 23 comfortably (23 and 19 are same frame.) I can carry the 27 all day long. I carry a back up mag if I think it's necessary. I also have problems concealing the 23, but I'm a skinny guy.

• Like 1

Because after I looked at all available options for what I was needing, I choose the 26 for size and reliability. With the extension, the height is still less than the 19 by 1/2" and 3/4" in barrel length at a confrontation isn't going to make any difference, training does. I could have gone with another manufacture for $200-$300 less and gotten a gut gun but I don't invest in guns that will go into the trash after 200 rounds. I made a great choice on my firearm as well as anyone else that buy's what they feel fits them.

Might work for you. I have a 23, and a 27 with a 9mm barrel as well. I can't carry the 23 comfortably (23 and 19 are same frame.) I can carry the 27 all day long. I carry a back up mag if I think it's necessary. I also have problems concealing the 23, but I'm a skinny guy.

Don't get me wrong, i love the G26 and carry one most of the summer. The subcompact Glocks are a great carry gun. Personally, i find the grip the hardest part for ME to conceal. A G26 with a extension and a G19 are pretty similar in size--at least to me. Carry whatever feels right to you--as long as you carry it. I have no objection-and, it really shouldnt matter what i think--do whats best for you!

• 4 weeks later...

I've carried a 23 and a 27 with the same Pierce extension. For me, the 27 was always easier to conceal. Yes, it is about the same length along the front of the grip, but it's shorter along the back, where it may print. I look at the 26/27 w/ pinky extension as a bobtail 19/23 with a 1/2" shorter barrel. Here is a pic of a 27 w/extension on top of a 19:

g27008.jpg

A new Glock mag sometimes takes a lot of effort to put in the advertised number of rounds, especially the subcompact Glocks. Fill it as much as you can and put it in the closet. After a month or so, I bet you can get one more round.

Edited by deerslayer