Just sent in C&R application

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have to say I can't really fault you on your choice of the Walther. I have a Mauser P-38 BYF43, basically the same gun, and it's a lot of fun to shoot. If I didn't have that one already the Walther would probably be on my list, too.

Yeah I had one for a few years but ended up selling it back to the friend I bought it from. Great piece, very accurate. The only things IMO separating it from a modern carry weapon are slightly "funny" shape, inferior mag release, and low capacity single stack magazines.

Been thinking about doing this as well. Anything beyond filling out and submitting the ATF form and CLEO form and payment that I should know about?

I'm definitely seeing a Tokarev or P64 in my future. I really like the nagant revolvers too.

Been thinking about doing this as well. Anything beyond filling out and submitting the ATF form and CLEO form and payment that I should know about?

I'm definitely seeing a Tokarev or P64 in my future. I really like the nagant revolvers too.

You will be required to keep a "Bound Book" record of purchases made of C&R qualified items. Nothing that isn't C&R qualified has to be in it. Some people get the license just so they can qualify for dealer discounts on ammunition and supplies from online dealers and never purchase a C&R weapon.

Also, bear in mind that it doesn't authorize you to DEAL in C&R weapons. The purpose of the license is to help you build a personal collection. That doesn't mean you can't ever sell anything. The rules say you can make sales and trades for the purpose of furthering your collection. Sell a couple of Mosin-Nagants and use the money to buy a K31, you're ok; buy a couple crates of Mosin-Nagants and set up shop selling them, you may attract some unwanted attention from our friends at BATFE.

Edited by CapnVideo

I have the Nagant Revolver......I wont ever shoot it but its certainly gets the ugly award

• 4 weeks later...

Well it came in today, exactly one month to the day.

I'm thinking Nagant, Nagant revolver, and p38/p1 all in one shipment to try to save on shipping costs.

Anyone know if I have to pay sales tax if the seller is out of state?

Do I have to wait for my bound book or can I just save the info and input it once the book gets here?

Might actually be moot as I will order the book before or around the same time I place my gun order.

I understand I should be getting some kind of information packet shortly, do I need to wait for that?

Lastly where would any of you recommend looking for everything in my list? I can find a vendor for everything in shotgun news but no one seems to have everything.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm really freaking excited!

Well it came in today, exactly one month to the day.

I'm thinking Nagant, Nagant revolver, and p38/p1 all in one shipment to try to save on shipping costs.

Anyone know if I have to pay sales tax if the seller is out of state?

Do I have to wait for my bound book or can I just save the info and input it once the book gets here?

Might actually be moot as I will order the book before or around the same time I place my gun order.

I understand I should be getting some kind of information packet shortly, do I need to wait for that?

Lastly where would any of you recommend looking for everything in my list? I can find a vendor for everything in shotgun news but no one seems to have everything.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm really freaking excited!

I think with internet sales, tax is only collected if the merchant has a presence in your state. I could be wrong, someone with more info may chime in.

You don't have to wait for the bound book to place an order. Most of the info won't be available to put into it until you have the item anyway. There's really no requirement as to what the bound book has to be physically. There are several pdf files available online which can be printed off an put together in a three ring binder which will suffice.

Very little of the info packet will apply to you. It is mostly aimed at 01 FFL's. There is an open letter included which will apply to you, and some of the info in the book. No need to wait.

AIM Surplus, J&G Sales, Southern Ohio Gun, there are several dealers which at any given time may have some or all of the items on your list. You will probably have to balance different price points with higher or lower shipping to get the best deal. Also, I'm not sure about ordering all those together. I know there are rules dealers have to follow about reporting multiple gun buys by the same individual within a certain period of time. Don't know how that applies to C&R items.

Edited by CapnVideo
  • 3 weeks later...

Buy everything :)

mausers - Yugo m24/48 are still affordable

Mosin snipers now available

K31s - dream to shoot

Enfields

Etc etc

Yeah that's kind of what happened. Went on a spree with AIM and ended up with the following,

3 91/30s, a CCCP Nagant revolver, and a Star model B in 9mm.

I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen... I'll try to get on it soon.

So next up is a P1 from Wideners with either A Makarov or Tokarev, possibly an Enfeild.

Any way it's all gotta wait for a while as I've decided I can't go on much longer without a "real" 1911.

• 1 month later...
You will be required to keep a "Bound Book" record of purchases made of C&R qualified items.

Let's say you get a C&R license, and already have a collection of C&R firearms. Are you required to log these in the book, or just purchases made with the C&R license. How about purchases from private individuals made face to face? Do they need to be logged into the bound book as well?

Let's say you get a C&R license, and already have a collection of C&R firearms. Are you required to log these in the book, or just purchases made with the C&R license. How about purchases from private individuals made face to face? Do they need to be logged into the bound book as well?

This has been discussed many times before. What the ATF says is ALL C&R firearms acquired AFTER receiving your license are required to be entered into the bound book. So most people seem to interpret that as if you already own it prior to licensing, it doesn't have to be entered into the bound book, but everything C&R eligible you get after licensing is required to be logged. So yes, FTF transactions count.