GLOCK 19 + Comp-Tac = Printing?

Guest Hyaloid

Guest Hyaloid

I have tried every possible combination of screw placements, and tried wearing my GLOCK 19 from 3-5 o'clock strongside. I have tried sucking in my belly as much as possible and tightening my belt until I feel faint, to no avail.

No matter where I put it, with an untucked polo shirt, the grip of the pistol prints rather heavily, as it juts out too much.

I have a Cover-up from Tucker Gunleather for my Ruger P345, and other than being about an inch too long for the GLOCK, it actually fits the GLOCK pretty well. The GLOCK doesn't print noticeably with that holster.

I know lots of folks use the CTAC on this board (part of the reason I wanted to get one), any tricks or tips for me? I am afraid that the holster and I just don't get along, no one holster will fit everyone that's for certain.

I may contact them if I cannot get it situated properly to see if they'd work with me on a trade in for another holster.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I may contact them if I cannot get it situated properly to see if they'd work with me on a trade in for another holster."

If not maybe someone here would buy it off you...like me:D

Guest db99wj

You will print in your eyes more than you will in others..... In other words, you will think you are printing like crazy, but others won't see it. How do your shirts fit? If they are tight at the bottom, the grip will show. Tucked in I pull my shirt out just enough so that it covers it. Take some pics and let us see, and no I'm not hitt'n on you:eek:

Guest Greentimber

An un-tucked polo shirt is not a "good" concealment garment. Darker colors like black or navy will help, but there are still better choices. A tucked-in T-shirt under an un-tucked open-front button-up dress shirt is one of the better hot-weather options.

i've never worn a ctac but i did used to carry at about 4:30 and always felt like my xdsc grip was sticking out, my shirt would always get stuck under it as well and i was always worried about it showing. i moved to about 2 oclock and i can conceal very easily with shorts and tshirt. oh yeah, i use an original crossbreed iwb. i can sit, bend over, run! i am much more comfortable because with my arms rested by my side it's a straight up pull to draw and i am more secure with having my forearm always "protecting" my gun :)

• Administrator
You will print in your eyes more than you will in others..... In other words, you will think you are printing like crazy, but others won't see it. How do your shirts fit? If they are tight at the bottom, the grip will show. Tucked in I pull my shirt out just enough so that it covers it. Take some pics and let us see, and no I'm not hitt'n on you:eek:

I have to agree with this statement. I'm expecting the CTAC for my new M&P 40c to arrive tomorrow, but in the meantime I have been forced to wear my Kimber 1911 in it's own CTAC. It's the only handgun that I have right now that has an accompanying holster for CCW.

Yesterday I wore a loose fitting black T-shirt over top of a tucked in white t-shirt and jeans. CTAC with Kimber at about 2:00 set with the clips so that it had a definite forward body incline cant. The Kimber is a Tactical Pro II commander size 1911. 4" bbl and shortened grip.

I went and did some shopping at the local Walmart and no one "made" me. I started out feeling like everyone was going to spot it printing against the shirt, but not really caring too much if they did since I've got a permit and could have just as legally carried openly if I'd wanted to.

To my knowledge, I was the only person who knew I was carrying. If anyone else noticed they never said anything. Seems that the only other people who ever really notice things like that are carrying too. Sheepdogs tend to spot fellow sheepdogs while the sheep just amble through life unaware. ;)

An un-tucked polo shirt is not a "good" concealment garment. Darker colors like black or navy will help, but there are still better choices. A tucked-in T-shirt under an un-tucked open-front button-up dress shirt is one of the better hot-weather options.

Very true. I've got to get some square-bottom "camp shirts" to wear this summer I think. It'll be the first summer that I have carried daily. A little embarrassed to admit that, but it's true. I just refuse to wear a Hawaiian print shirt! :)

i am much more comfortable because with my arms rested by my side it's a straight up pull to draw and i am more secure with having my forearm always "protecting" my gun :D

And with a dark colored shirt, the silhouette of the gun's grip beneath your shirt will disappear against your arm. :D

Guest drewi

I don't have any problem with a 19 and CTAC. That's my carry setup. You just have to get the setup right.

I wear my holster at about 3:30. Clips are set up like this: front clip, bottom hole. Rear clip, top hole. It helps if you trim the rear clip. Using the top hole will leave a lot of extra material that can poke you.

I find that if I wear the gun at 3:00, the front of the slide shows too much. And at 4:00, the grip shows too much. But it's just right at 3:30. This works well with tighter fitting shirts.

If I wear an untucked button up dress shirt it doesn't matter where I put it.

Guest Hyaloid

Well... thanks for the advice.

I may just have to get some different clothing, but the untucked polos are big on me, and I can conceal my P345 (and the G19) in a leather holster rather easily.

I don't know if it's just some weird proportion my body has or what... just seems like the holster doesn't sit well on me, no matter the clip/hole configuration, or the location.

IRT drewi:

That's the exact setup I have been trying the most...

Maybe I just need to keep trying, I am just a wee bit frustrated.

Oh, and I refuse, or rather, I have been forbidden to wear the Hawaiian shirts :)

Thanks for all the attempts at help, maybe I can talk the wife into taking some photos... and then we can take some of the gun and holster setup :D

Guest drewi

Try wearing your gun around friends and see if they notice it. I bet they won't unless you're printing real bad.

I forgot to ask if you have a gun belt. If you don't have one now, you need to get one. It will hold up the weight of the gun a lot better than a regular belt. In doing this it will pull the gun closer to your body.

Guest Hyaloid

I didn't mention that, thanks, I do have a good gun belt from Tucker's.

I think I may need to lose a pound or 15 too :)

I probably AM being paranoid, but it's not paranoia if everyone really IS out to get you.