Lets get to know each other:

Guest Natosha

Guest Angel 24/7

Sorry I was out getting in trouble in other threads!

Favorite book: A time to kill.

American Ideal: Cook!

State to live in: If I had to do over I would be in New York City. But, I would not give up my life now,

TV show: I'm a Sex & the city Girl. Now A 48 hours girl.

Met husband: we went to school together, we didn't talk until we were out of school. We were living together in 3 days, married 3 months later. Oct. will be 13 years.

Queation! What is your favorite food to go out & eat?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I was out getting in trouble in other threads!

Queation! What is your favorite food to go out & eat?

LOL I always miss the good stuff when it is going on but I found it, hehehe.

I love Steak and Shake!!! I love the Frisco Burgers and fries!

Guest Angel 24/7

Spring, everything is coming alive!

Question: What is your favorite thing your husband does for you?

Every morning Allan lays out my meds, makes coffee, gets my cup out, It's the small things I love!

Guest MrsS
Spring, everything is coming alive!

Question: What is your favorite thing your husband does for you?

Every morning Allan lays out my meds, makes coffee, gets my cup out, It's the small things I love!

Favorite thing my husband does for me? He takes 50% of the daily house chores, even though he works harder than I do (he cooks, cleans, do laundry...even scrubs the bathroom!).

Question: You are the presenter at an all girls' high school graduation...what would you tell the graduating ladies to strive for? ( I would tell them to strive for financial independence).

Guest Angel 24/7

To be strong independent women. You are the only one that strive & hit your goal.

Question: Who do you think is the sexiest actor?

(Sam Elliott) Damn he is pretty

Guest MrsS
To be strong independent women. You are the only one that strive & hit your goal.

Question: Who do you think is the sexiest actor?

(Sam Elliott) Damn he is pretty

Sean Connery,,,the epitome of growing old gracefully (and that voice!!)

Question: Are you for or against the death penalty? (I am for it...the sooner its done, the better!)

Guest Angel 24/7

Yes FRY their ass! I don't agree on the average time on death row being 18 years. That is stupid.

Question: Do you smoke? (I don't)

Guest MrsS
Yes FRY their ass! I don't agree on the average time on death row being 18 years. That is stupid.

Question: Do you smoke? (I don't)

Yes...I smoke.

Question: Should 4 year olds be mandated to go to pre-K? ( I personally think that children need to be just that...children. Bad enough, that with today's economy, both parents have to work to survive, but I don't think young ones should be forced to go to pre-K. Kindergarten is pushing it, as it is.).

Ok, I have to catch up!

Favorite food to eat out: Anything with chicken & pasta at Olive Garden!

Favorite Animal: Dogs, I have 9

Favorite Time of Year: Fall! I love the cool nights and beautiful colors!

Favorite thing my husband does for me: Massages my neck and shoulders

What I'd tell graduating ladies: Same as Mrs.S, financial independence

Sexiest Actor: It's a tie between Russell Crowe and Paul Walker (BobbyZ)

Death Penalty: Absolutely for it, eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth, life for a life.......I think they should go back to public hangings myself! I'm with Angel too.....do it as soon as the sentence is handed down. Why should our tax dollars keep them fed, clothed, and housed for 18 years?

Do I smoke: No, but I used to on occasion, quit when I got pregnant.

Should 4 year olds be mandated to go to pre-k: No, I think it should be the parents choice. Personally, I think I will send Cameron to preschool when he's 4 next fall. He's an only child and I think the interaction with other kids will be good for him and might prepare him better for kindergarten.

Question: What's you're favorite website, besides here of course!

Mine would have to be ebay! I'm an ebayaholic!!

Guest MrsS

Hey Ladies...I think some of our threads were lost here, so I guess we can pick up where we last left off and start with a question

Question: Should agressive breed dogs be banned from residential ownership? ( I don't necessarily think that needs to happen...responsible ownership should be in the forefront with stiff penalties to the owners if the dogs cause injuries).

Guest Angel 24/7

I agree, but you also have alot of dumda**. people out there. So I am undesided.

The person that I admire: My sister, when she was 23 she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, she never complained, she never missed a day of work,she took 6 mnths of Kemo & radiation & I knew she was sick. I would go up to Nashville twice a week to clean her house & do her laundry while she was at work because she would not let me if she was there. She is the Strongest & most independant woman I know.

Holiday: Halloween

I love Ebay

I don't remember any more questions that got lost???????????

Question: Is anyone going to see Sex & the city? tickets are bought for Sunday!

Edited by Angel 24/7
Guest Natosha

Question: Is anyone going to see Sex & the city? I want to see it so don't blow the ending for me! HAHAHAHA! I actually hope to see it tomorrow. Maybe? Depends on if I get a sitter! HA!

I would LOVE to go see Indiana Jones!!! I just don't think Cameron would sit through it :mad:

Question (Help me out here mama's!): How do you deal with a three year olds temper tantrums?

I'm having such a hard time with Cam right now! He has these tantrums where he stomps his feet and screams when he doesn't get what he wants. I tried the ignoring thing.....he just keeps going like the energizer bunny......and I usually give in to some degree or sometimes distracting him works too. Should I spank him when he does this? That would be easy enough at home......but then sometimes he'll do it in public and I won't spank in front of people....people are so screwed up these days and you never know who'll call DCHS on you for spanking your own child. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest MrsS

Packin: I can soooo relate to you! My 4 year old does the same thing and now he is into back-talking....yep...back talking!!! Some of the things I have done is: take away his Wii; no computer games; no cartoons on TV (he is always allowed to read books, though); no more toys from us and his grandparents until he earns it (we usually tell him a vague time for that...never tell him exactly because he has already learned to be good until that exact time, lol)....he has been getting more stubborn and "testy" lately so I have had to set firmer boundaries on him....he is learning that me and dad will not reach "3" when we do the "count"....BTW-it is not against Tennessee law to spank a child using an open hand to the(clothed) buttocks! Obviously, to repeatedly spank a child there or to use agressive force beyond a swat is a different story. I verified this with his daycare who confirmed that what I mentioned is indeed correct. If anyone here is DCS or able to find that law, please feel free to verify/clarify my above statement, lol.

I only spank him if he has crossed his boundaries after I give him a one-time warning...I give him the one time warning to engrain in him that he needs to think through his actions and to consider the consequences of his actions; I have swatted him in the public and yes, I got the looks--but my remark to that has always been "It is not illegal for me to swat you" loud enough for those closest and giving the looks to hear. I am sure that various cameras in the stores have caught me doing that and I have never gotten a knock on my door, LOL!!!

Let me know how it goes, packin!

Edited by MrsS
Guest Natosha

OH dear! I am not looking forward the those days girls! Jude already throws little tantrums where he will stomp or just sit down and cry but I ignore him and it usually works. But I don't know what I will do when he is older.

Guest Angel 24/7

Baylie on the most part doesn't have tantrums. if she does I go put her in her bed & tell her when she is done she can come out, mommy does not have a baby I have a big girl. It always has worked she turned 3 in Dec. In public I ask her does she want to go to the restroom she knows that means a spanking

Thanks for the tips girls! Cameron is definitely in his "terrible toddlers" right now and I could use all the advice I can get!

Okay, here's a new question for everyone:

Is there any doubt in your mind about whether you would be able to pull the trigger in a self defense situation?

I have no doubt whatsoever that I could and would pull the trigger if I had to. However, I've been shooting and hunting just about my entire life. I'm curious as to what you gals that are "newbies" to guns and shooting think about this.

Guest Natosha

Is there any doubt in your mind about whether you would be able to pull the trigger in a self defense situation?

For me, I would like to think that I would pull the trigger if it was a self defense situation. I would do my best to protect myself and my baby. Hopefully I never have to make that decision.

Guest MrsS

I have thought that countless times...in another forum I go to, it actually became hotly debated when I mentioned what would you do if the BG's were tweens/teens? Basically children themselves.

Some answered that it would depend on the time of break-in; number of people involved, etc; others said age is irrelevant...the minute they break in to their home-they're gone! That is my stance too. You break in to my home in the middle of the night, your intent is a deadly one...no exception. I will worry about the morality/ethics of it after. Out in the open, I always remain aware of what's around me as best I can.

Question: Should a background check be done for a permit carrier every time they purchase a firearm? (I don't think so...some states don't even do that..if you have a carry permit, you can buy a gun without the background check-I think this is Tennessee's way of getting as much money in as they can, LOL).

I also have thought about this a lot and I have to say that I always go back to the same thought each time, we are born with a natural instint to want to survive and if someone threatened to do me harm or take my life I truly believe that instint would kick in and I would do my best to protect myself. I also hope that I am never faced with that decision but I think I am prepared mentally to handle it if I am.

Question: Should a background check be done for a permit carrier every time they purchase a firearm?

No, I think those that have went through the legal process to carry should have their carry permits honored with being able to purchase a gun without the background check each time.

Guest Mags1082

Well I am finally back and checking out the site again. I have scanned through this thread and there are lots of questions so I will just answer a couple.

Hobbies other than shooting: I love photography, outdoors/camping

What do you do for a living: I am a first grade teacher

Would you like to travel: I would love to travel more, I am a little weary of going overseas just with everything going the way it is, but I am up for any adventure whether its 30 minutes out of town or 3,000 miles away. Just wish there was more money to fund the traveling!

What guns do you own: I have a Sig p228 9mm and am thinking about getting something smaller that is easier to conceal but still easy enough for me to shoot. I want something that is going to get the job done, but I am not going to sit here and say I am a badass and can shoot any gun, :biglol: I have to feel completely comfortable shooting it or else I don't do it well. Any advice on what guns I should look at would be greatly appreciated! :D

Ok, I think I answered a few questions and I hope you know me a little better! I am jealous of all of you that live in East Tennessee!!! Have a great night! :)