Lets get to know each other:

Guest Natosha

Guest Angel 24/7

Would I pull trigger. Damn right if an asswhole is trying to hurt me or my children!

I think it is stupid to back ground everytime!

Sex & the city was GREAT!!!! I cried, I laughed, I hugged my best friend, he & I have been waiting on this for a long time We cried together. It is all over!

Question: Do any of you live in Middle tenn. Or all in East Tenn???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrsS

East Tennessee for me, Angel.

Question: should the age to purchase a handgun and obtain a carry permit be lowered to 18?

East TN for me also.

Question: should the age to purchase a handgun and obtain a carry permit be lowered to 18?

Personally I think it needs to stay the way it is. Kids need to grow up a bit more before they are handling and carrying handguns. OK everyone go ahead and flog me.....

Guest Lil'Shooter

I'm in Middle Tn. Near Nashville. :bat:

East Tennessee for me, Angel.

Guest Angel 24/7

Yay! I was starting to feel lonely over in the Middle!

No it should not be lowered! I think it should be 21 for carry permit! Maturity! It comes with age. 18 year old are still a little young to carry a gun on their hip!

Question: Do any of you like the Cap & ball guns?

(Allan has one I love it very cool)

Guest Angel 24/7

Colt1851004.jpg

This is Allan's. Black powder revolver. Lots of smoke. Mike.357, mark@sea, & towerclimber are responsible for the new budget for the guns! Go to C&R & blackpowder sub forum. They are all in there!

Guest Natosha

East TN for me also.

Nope! I think 18 is way too young. Some 21 year olds are too young. But I think it is the right age.

Guest eyebedam

Hate to jump in your thread ladies but I feel if your old enough & man or woman enough to join the military & fight for your country then you should be able to own a gun & drink. If you choose not to join then 21 is fine by me. Now back to girl talk.

Guest Natosha
Hate to jump in your thread ladies but I feel if your old enough & man or woman enough to join the military & fight for your country then you should be able to own a gun & drink. If you choose not to join then 21 is fine by me. Now back to girl talk.

Honestly I think 18 is too young to join the military! But it isn't up to me.

Guest db99wj

I'm busting in here ladies!

I joined the military when I was 17. Went to basic when I was 17 over the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year of highschool. Came back, turned 18, during my Sr. year, went back to finish my AIT (training). I think if you have served or are a part of the military, you should have a waiver on handgun purchases.

But that is not why I am chiming in. I have 4 kids. 9, 6, 4, 7 months. We watch Supernanny alot on ABC. Very interesting show. Having the spot where they go to time out, the charts, the way you talk to them (get down on their level, tell them in a deep stern voice what they did, why it is wrong and that you are disappointed or mad at them. Sit them down. No talking after that. If they get up, take them back to the spot without talking. Then once it is over, tell them again what they did, why they shouldn't, have them give you an apology, and of course hug them. It seems to work. Also, we time out with the # of minutes according to age. 9 yr old gets 9 minutes, etc. Unless it is something that is an ongoing problem.

Terrible twos are nothing, threes were hell! We also spank.

Ok, I'm leaving!

Guest Natosha
I'm busting in here ladies!

I joined the military when I was 17. Went to basic when I was 17 over the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year of highschool. Came back, turned 18, during my Sr. year, went back to finish my AIT (training). I think if you have served or are a part of the military, you should have a waiver on handgun purchases.

Thats a thought! Also this is what my brother is doing. He left yesterday for basics. he will be back in august to finish his senior year. I am very proud of him but I still feel like he is a kid. It is soooo young. :)

db99wj, that is what I am hoping, he is actually pretty mature for his age but still has a lot of growing to do. I didn't want him to join so early but he would NOT leave me alone about it and I knew he would do it as soon as he turned 18 anyway so I figured I would let him get that year in. He had just turned 17 in Aug of last year and signed up in Oct. Just left for Basic yesterday as Natosha said and will return around the middle of Aug and go right into his Senior year. He will turn 18 on Aug. 16.

It is every mothers dread but I am proud of him nonetheless. I just want him to be safe. :)

Also, as for the question about being 21 to carry etc. I am not sure how I feel about the ones that have fulfilled their military training and such. I do believe that kids go into the services and come out men and women so I may view it differently when Tyler gets home, but right now I would not want him being able to legally carry or purchase a handgun. Only then will I know as far as militarily speaking. But just your regular 18, 19, 20 year old then no, I don't think they need to be carrying.

Edited by Guns&Dobes

Guns&Dobes - Not to discount military service in any way shape or form, but there are a lot of people I know that have done many years in service even time in combat and I wouldn't want them carrying a gun around me because they are not "mature" enough.

I totally respect the military (was in myself for a time) but just because you serve should not give you a "leg up" on being able to carry. Personally, I would love to see the drinking age lowered to 16 and the driving age raised to 18. Most 16 year olds are not responsible enough to be in control of a 2 ton weapon.

I am proud of your son and hope he enjoys his military career. I know I did.

He is headed to Fort Jackson SC as I type. We said that he left yesterday but that was to go to Knoxville where he spend the night. He said they will be in there around 12 tonight.

I will probably get this wrong but his MOS is going to be a driver, the big trucks, humvees etc. I don't know what that title is, you will probably understand that more than me :)

Edited by Guns&Dobes
Guest db99wj
I think that is the way with the military. Get the kids in there late at night, keep them up for a few hours let them get a couple of hours of sleep and start the process all over again.

Kinda of a theme!:)

Guest MrsS

I'll chime in my own personal feeling on this...I think 17 or 18 is a bit young to join the military..with the exception of an invasion in our country, at which time even I would fight to protect our land; but I would also respect my 2 sons' wishes if that is what they want.

Question: In light of all the foreclosures going on...should the government ban mortgage companies from offering the "fixed-then fluctuating" mortgage plan?(Absolutely! I understand that for alot of people, that may be the only option for them at the moment...but I would rather see them be approved for a "fixed" mortgage or none at all-then go for the "fixed-then fluctuating" and lose a home, plus destroy their credit and another chance at a home).

Guest Angel 24/7

I think 17, 18,19. 20 year olds are to young to go into military.

I think it is the banks fault as well as the peoples fault they are losing their homes.

Example: Allan & I went to the bank to see how much money would could have to purchase a new home. They are willing to give us alot of money based on our GROSS pay not your net pay. They didn't care about I pay 150.00 a week insurance, taxes, gas, food, daycare,electric, phones. Any of the things that are not on our credit report they don't count. We are smart enough to know better. Some people do not.

Question: What about the gas prices?

Guest Lil'Shooter

I may get a bit of grief over this i'm sure, but I think every male should at least do 1 year of military service in some form or another after high school graduation to help them mature and get straightened out. Too many are unappreciative of the fact that they have freedom, but don't care who to thank for it. I guess this opinion stems from me growing up in a military family, and marrying a Marine.

Guest MrsS

Question: What about the gas prices?

To tell you the truth...I think GREED plays a big part in all of this..if this continues, it will effect our pockets in more ways than at the gas stations..already airlines are affected...wait until the taxpayers pockets really get hit in order to keep school busses running!

Question: Should single fathers be considered more than they are now for possible primary custody of their children? (I say yes...fathers of today are playing a more active role in their children's lives...I even know of a few who are the stay at home parent because the wife is the breadwinner! )

Guest Angel 24/7

I think fathers are in it 50% just as a mother is in it 50%. Yes fathers should be considered more than they are. Allan cares for our children just as I do. We both make the same amount of money, We both work full time. We both live in the same house with 2 kids.

I know a couple fathers that are great with their kids & the women don't want to have the kids see them they just want their money!