Sign in to follow this  
1pointofview

tpac nashville?

Yes. the gunbuster is so large, you can see it on Google Streetview.

Edited by monkeylizard

I hate nashville. Have to go to tpac tomorrow . Not worried about tpac, just the areas I may have to park at in order to then walk to tpac.

I hate nashville. Have to go to tpac tomorrow . Not worried about tpac, just the areas I may have to park at in order to then walk to tpac.

Small parking lot by Lifeway next to a large Billy Graham statue that's free. Only a few blocks away from TPAC.

It's not so bad. I can usually find a spot on the road that runs around the capitol (basically, it's 7th) after working hours end and it's even easier on the weekends. Lots of Capitol Police around, free parking, and just a block or so to TPAC. 6th ave also loops around the Capitol. Follow it around to the far side and if you can find a spot available, you'll be about a block from TPAC.

Otherwise, the garage at the Hermitage Hotel is usually available, and it's only a 1/2 block from TPAC.

Edited by monkeylizard

Small parking lot by Lifeway next to a large Billy Graham statue that's free. Only a few blocks away from TPAC.

They will tow you from that lot.

and that's way past alot of other lots

I was at TPAC last night and entered through the West entrance. I saw no signs on the doors regarding weapons. Elsie Pea and I enjoyed Sister Act-ffr1910

I Went there a few months back, called first to see if it was O.K. to tote. The lady on the phone said it was not posted.

She also mentioned that her boyfriend packed all the time  and went there regularly.

My Sneaky Pete and I did just fine there the other night... didn't see a sign anywhere.

The Deaderick St. entrance is most definitely posted. The Gunbuster is as big as a Texas flapjack.

I've got season tickets to the Broadway series, and visit TPAC at least once a month between Oct. and June every year, and the gunbuster has been there for several years.

Can't speak for the other entrances, as the Deaderick St. entrance is the only one I ever use.

However, Since the TPAC facility is located inside a State-owned Government Office building (James K. Polk Building) rest assured that if you are "made", you will not be given much leniency... Whether or not the facility is properly posted at all public entrances is beside the point... we know how the State feels about firearms inside government buildings, and "oops, I forgot to disarm before entering" won't get you very far.

concealed means concealed... carry at your own risk.

Edited by tartanphantom

I think it might be that if you use a direct entrance to TPAC and not an entrance into the James Polk part of the building it may make a difference. It's like going to a mall that is posted on the mall entrances but there are many other entrances directly into stores like J C Penny and Sears that are not posted. Some times you just have to wing in on decisions of do I do it or do I not do it...........jmho

I think it might be that if you use a direct entrance to TPAC and not an entrance into the James Polk part of the building it may make a difference. It's like going to a mall that is posted on the mall entrances but there are many other entrances directly into stores like J C Penny and Sears that are not posted. Some times you just have to wing in on decisions of do I do it or do I not do it...........jmho

You don't seem to understand. The State of Tennessee OWNS the building-- they don't just lease office space. It's considered a state government office building regardless of the tenants. Because of my work I am in and out of state office buildings constantly. Carrying in a State office building without LEO authorization is very frowned upon and quite illegal.

Even the TFA lists both James K. Polk building AND TPAC on their list of firearms-ban locations.  If John Harris (TFA) sees this, I'm sure he can confirm this.

....Carrying in a State office building without LEO authorization is very frowned upon and quite illegal.

Well, state buildings have no special status. They have to be posted like anywhere else to ban carry, and the penalty if charged is the same as carrying at a posted stop 'n rob.

If it is not posted at all public entrances, it's not compliant according to dictates of 1359. Though I contend that one might well still be culpable for ignoring non-compliant signage, going in an entrance that is not posted at all seems would be quite more defensible if push came to shove.

(Oh yeah, probably not best to open carry in that situation. :))

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

We  attend TPAC several times a year through the west doors and no gunbuster so I carry. The street and TPAC are open and well lit but we park in that under ground below that bank.

Edited by bud

Google Street View has updated images and I no longer see the giant gunbusters on the doors.

Edited by bud

2-18-17 TPAC has small clear gunbuster signs on only a couple of the doors on 6th Ave.

No wanding or metal detectors.

Edited by Ruprect2

I was there on Sunday (2/18/17) and once again used the Deaderick Street entrance. There is still a huge clear gunbuster (at least 8-10 inches in size) at eye level on the automatic doors on that side of the building, but still no gunbusters on the 6th Ave. entrances.

Fortunately I sneezed just as I was approaching the door, so I conveniently didn't notice the sign until I was leaving after the performance.

oops.:dunno:

• Like 1

As of 12/20/2018 there were white 8X11 signs that prohibit possession of firearms (except LEO) and cited the state law.  I saw these signs on the entrances on Deaderick, Union and 6th.

Edited by chadbuddy