14-year-old Phoenix boy shoots armed intruder

Guest drwright6

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty similar to the story out of Az a few years ago where a young girl fended off another scumbag with what I believe was a pink .22 rifle procured from under her moms bed.

It kinda begs the question on just how well firearms should be locked away from kids.

Great job by this young man. People talk of 'standing in the breach' and it sounds like that is exactly what he did. Many grown ups might not have the courage to stand and deliver with an armed intruder pointing a firearm at them. Heck, I certainly never want to be called upon to do so but if I am I hope I acquit myself as well as this 14 year old.

It kinda begs the question on just how well firearms should be locked away from kids.

This is an excerpt from a 2001 article entitled "Of Kids and Guns' by Massad Ayoob:

There is now great emphasis on passing legislation that will criminalize parents who make loaded guns accessible to their children. Hey, send me up. One day, off duty with my kid in a jurisdiction other than my own, we passed a cop who was struggling on the ground with a violent suspect at the side of the road. As I pulled over, I handed my loaded 2†.38 Special backup gun to my 11 year old daughter before I got out of the car and ran back to assist the officer. All ended well, with no bloodshed. I would do it again tomorrow. The kid was already trained to an adult standard. It was an emergency. In what the law calls “the balance of competing harms,†it was simply the right thing to do. If that suspect had overpowered and killed the officer and then killed me, he wasn’t going to leave my kid alive as a witness. She stayed locked in the car, her finger clear of the trigger of the loaded gun, similar to one with which she had recently qualified to a police standard. She did the right thing, too.
Edited by JAB

Wow, I'm glad no one (that mattered) got hurt and that all the good guys got to go home safe. These are the kinds of stories that the media and news need to circulate. May help with the stigma attached to guns.

And THAT is why the media and news will not circulate stories like this.

BTW, the link didn't work for me. I bet they've already taken it down.

Guest drwright6

The link worked when I posted it. I bet your right and it's been taken down. I'm sure they wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that guns might do someone some good.

• 2 weeks later...