Golani/Galil parts question

I hope this is the right forum group.

Good Day, A week ago I picked up a nice Golani in 5.56 for a really great deal and at the time I knew nothing about the Golani. After purchasing the rifle and getting it home my wife noticed that the rear cover was aftermarket because of the scope mounted on it and what do we do about putting on the factory cover with rear sights. Well as it turns out while I was at the sale there was a large box full of ar mags and a bunch of misc parts, so Im assuming the cover in question was in that box. I called the dude back later that day and said that all the items that were left were sold and gone from the house already.

I have spent several hours now searching the WWW. and have not really found anyone who carries all the parts to put together and original cover with the peep sights as an assembly. Does anyone have a good lead for me as to where I can find the parts I need? And secondly the flash supressor is of the old school M16 style and its loose on the barrel. Its threaded but there are no flat spots to tighten with a wrench. It is not pinned either. So how do I go about gettting it tight?

All and any advice would be great.

Thanks

Edited by z90HD
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VolDaddy

You might want to put a drop of lock-tite on the threads. Then tighten it up and let it set up. If it like mine is metric threads. M13 I believe. So your limited in other flash hiders.

You might want to put a drop of lock-tite on the threads. Then tighten it up and let it set up. If it like mine is metric threads. M13 I believe. So your limited in other flash hiders.

Will a standard AR crush washer work on there without looking out of place?

Will a standard AR crush washer work on there without looking out of place?

Thanks to Dolomite he hooked me up with a link to Ebay for a pair of AR crush washers which I ordered last week and recieved this past friday. They are just a hair to small to fit over the threads. Im just going to drill one out and go from there. I'll post more when I get the time to get this little project done.